• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Connext software!

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am having numerous Connext issues on my '18 242X and my dealer just told me Yamaha has a new software update. He said it is a major overhaul not just a simple patch. I'll let ya'll know if it fixes my issues. Taking it in tomorrow. Plan to have it back on the water Tuesday.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is it for 2016 models or only 2018? Is there any way of doing it without taking it to a dealer?

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2015 and often wondered if there’s a firmware update. Mine actually works perfectly and will leave it in its current rev but if they have a worthwhile update...hmmmmm.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is it for 2016 models or only 2018? Is there any way of doing it without taking it to a dealer?
It is a dealer only update but I don’t know if it’s 12.3 only or not. I’ll ask

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good to know. I haven't had any issues with mine so far. Have my initial maintenance coming up in a bit so I'll keep this in mind to ask about.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here's a screen shot of my current software. I'll update with the new load that will put installed Friday.

Attachments

mikesarno

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am having numerous Connext issues on my '18 242X and my dealer just told me Yamaha has a new software update. He said it is a major overhaul not just a simple patch. I'll let ya'll know if it fixes my issues. Taking it in tomorrow. Plan to have it back on the water Tuesday.
I have major issues also . Speakers don’t work right. Rear speakers don’t work at all . Map doesn’t Heads up. What issues do you have

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have major issues also . Speakers don’t work right. Rear speakers don’t work at all . Map doesn’t Heads up. What issues do you have
I doubt non-functioning speakers has anything to do with Connext.

I do hope they have an update for all the models! Things I'd like them to change:
  • Get rid of the ANNOYINGLY LONG start up beep!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Give us an option to see the fuel level when the engines are off.
  • Improve the bluetooth setup and linking
  • Allow simple ballast bag fill level adjustments
  • Allow older boats to add GPS mapping

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The touch screen becomes non-responsive after a couple hours on the lake. It also does some selections on its own at times. Yamaha is going to replace my touch screen but it’s on back order. Glad it’s warranty part is $3000. Have you tried operating your stereo from the remote panel on this when de have you tried operating your stereo from the remote panel on the swim deck? It could be a fade setting

mikesarno

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The touch screen becomes non-responsive after a couple hours on the lake. It also does some selections on its own at times. Yamaha is going to replace my touch screen but it’s on back order. Glad it’s warranty part is $3000. Have you tried operating your stereo from the remote panel on this when de have you tried operating your stereo from the remote panel on the swim deck? It could be a fade setting

mikesarno

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I tried but still doesn’t work. Scheduled tech for view. Map stinks . Doesn’t Head’s up, also sound sounds terrible .
Anyone do the update yet? Any changes ?????

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello Everyone!

I'm having Connext issues too! On my 2015 242 LS I am unable to use most of the touch screen features, Bluetooth to my phone, or use the auxiliary? I realized this in Shelbyville. I contacted the dealership where I purchased it and the guys on vacation til next week!

I might be looking into Nielsen's when time comes to fix the issue!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just ordered a 2019, 212x. Apparently the 2019 has the connext software of the 242 (minus the single throttle option), but it comes with the small screen. Has anyone (and I guess I'm looking for a Yamaha guru) tried to put the 12" screen into the 212x? The new dash just has the small screen, off centered with a phone holder in the middle. I can't think that it would be that difficult, except for getting the housing cut.

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
To clear up a few items discussed and/or asked in this thread.

- The update the original poster is discussing is to take the 12" MFDs from revision 31 to revision 37. All MY19 boats will already have revision 37 in them, so the update affects MY18 242 LTDS, LTDSE and XE.
- The update has to be done at a dealer. You want it this way, because in the off chance that something goes wrong during the update process. Your display would be bricked. The dealer can get a new replacement free. If you did it at home, it would be considered customer damage and you would be buying a new one out of pocket.
- It is not a major update. It was created mainly to fix a bug that happened when you first started the boat and the system would give you a false Keypad communication warning message.
- The Connext software is specific to model groups. Putting a 12" display in a 212X will not work.
- The Connext software and /or the display itself will not affect whether speakers, Bluetooth or the auxiliary input works in your sound system or not. You can control things like fade, balance and volume as well as other functions through communications that the display sends to the radio, but the radio handles all the outputs to either your amplifiers or directly to the speakers. Speakers and auxiliary input are more than likely wiring issues while the Bluetooth is most likely a radio issue.

Brent Markham

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My 242 L E-series just got updated this week. I pick it up on Saturday. Should be interesting to see if there is any noticeable changes.

Pinkish_panther

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is a bit of an old thread, hopefully this first post of mine will reopen the discussion.

Brent Markham - what did you notice?

I bought a leftover model 2018 242X (traded in my 2014 212X) and have had it in the water for 10 engine hours (first oil change pending). Here are some items I've noticed with the software currently installed.
No course up option on the GPS
No instantaneous fuel consumption other than G/hr (L/hr).
- it should have MPG (L/km), or at least speed on the same screen as the G/hr so you can find the optimal setting without jumping back and forth
The Battery voltages are shown as decimal on the main screen, but also as a graphic (why duplicate the information)
We should be able to customize the data fields on each tab to display what we like, I like to have water temperature all the time.
Giving the large volume of fuel being consumed the trip reading for MPG (L/km) should be at least 2 decimals so you can determine the trend easier.
On the data screen the other NMEA 2000 values available from the engine should be selectable for people who like data.
As I use it more I may have additional feedback, hopefully it is seen constructively and will help improve future versions available for update later.

Generally speaking the Connext is a great display.

Pinkish_panther

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for letting me know, hopefully the post will be seen by people able to make updates to the Connext software and we'll get new features in future releases.