• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Owner!

JRoberts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wanted to stop in and say how invaluable this board has been while boat shopping. I just purchased a 2017 AR210 - should be taking delivery this week. I'm sure I'll be around with questions and I'll post pics once I get a chance.

Anyone have any suggestions for good insurance companies? First quote was a bit staggering and they blamed it on the fact that it was a jet boat.

Thanks!
Jon

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard & congratulations

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board,
what insurance company and what's "staggering" I pay about $650. a year,

If this is your first boat, make sure you first trip is on a calm day with very few other people on board and your only expectation is to practice loading/docking and slow speed control (with maybe a fast run mixed in somewhere!)

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome ! I come in around $600/year with State Farm and don't believe there was any difference between prop/jet boat.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @JRoberts and congrats on the new boat.

JRoberts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board,
what insurance company and what's "staggering" I pay about $650. a year,

If this is your first boat, make sure you first trip is on a calm day with very few other people on board and your only expectation is to practice loading/docking and slow speed control (with maybe a fast run mixed in somewhere!)
Quote was Geico - just over $1000 - but it was for Agreed Upon not Actual Value - might be why. Called my local insurance agent to see what they come up with.

My first boat I've purchased myself but I've been boating for around 8-10 years. First jet boat though! Can't wait to get out on the water. Probably only have a handful of times I'll be able to get out before winter.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome ... and it doesn't matter how many time u get out before winter... anytime u r on the water it's a win.. well... most days.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wanted to stop in and say how invaluable this board has been while boat shopping. I just purchased a 2017 AR210 - should be taking delivery this week. I'm sure I'll be around with questions and I'll post pics once I get a chance.

Anyone have any suggestions for good insurance companies? First quote was a bit staggering and they blamed it on the fact that it was a jet boat.

Thanks!
Jon
I use Allstate and only pay $250 a year and that is a $00 deductible.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Check with progressive they really treated me great when my stuff was totaled on the interstate a few years ago

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use Allstate and only pay $250 a year and that is a $00 deductible.
im 490 with state farm and calling allstate in the am

welcome aboard btw

JRoberts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for all the suggestions. I went with the "request quotes from everyone possible" route and getting lots of options in now. It's nuts how much the quotes vary. So far best quote was from Travelers.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome and congratulations!

State Farm here....72K insured for $600. Keep in mind the boat value and location when seeing all our posts. And let us know what you end up with!

And of course post up some pics when she arrives!

Which color did you get?

Last edited:

DrGamecock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think my 190 FSH is $300 with Geico and agreed upon value. I'm in South Carolina so I'm sure the local laws will matter for quotes.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We use Progressive, reasonable as long as your boat does not go over 70mph.

JRoberts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took the boat out on Winnipesaukee this weekend.... holy chop with the 15mph winds. Snapped a pic once we docked in Wolfeboro.

I will say, docking was interesting. First jet boat, but the turning lag at slow speeds was rough. Already looking at who has options for the 2017 21 foot with articulAting keel - either the cobra fins or jet thrusters. Not sure it would have made a huge difference with those winds.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Welcome and congratulations! It does make a difference where you live. I'm pretty content with USAA/Progressive. You can add your location to your profile.:Welcome:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They do make a substantial difference. The best advice is to be proactive with your steering.. steer before u need to steer. Esp with counter steering .

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new boat! Location does make a difference for insurance costs, as well as if you boat in freshwater lakes vs. salt water. My insurance is through Boat US, which is now backed by Geico, and it is around $475 /yr for agreed hull value of $38k.