• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Forum News! New Post rating feature!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any merit to a THANK YOU rating. anytime someone answers a question I tag it LIKE, ... .....thinking aloud.....options ? I guess perhaps informative or winner is an option too....

View attachment 32069
Interesting thought....perhaps an OK hand sign (has to scale really small!). As you point out, there is already:
Useful
Creative
Winner
Informative
Love

Some of these get little use.....

So what do others think? Thanks?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I think Thanks would work.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I took a general sabbatical from the site for a few months, mostly from posting and during that time the site changed. Now I don’t know how to access the post rating system so I’m limited to report, bookmark, like quote and reply. I have read through the 4 pages of posts that make up this string but still don’t know how to access the post rating system, somebody point me in the right direction please.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I took a general sabbatical from the site for a few months, mostly from posting and during that time the site changed. Now I don’t know how to access the post rating system so I’m limited to report, bookmark, like quote and reply. I have read through the 4 pages of posts that make up this string but still don’t know how to access the post rating system, somebody point me in the right direction please.
Just click on the “thumbs up Like” icon below each post. That will bring up various selections to rate the post.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just click on the “thumbs up Like” icon below each post. That will bring up various selections to rate the post.
Thanks for the quick reply but I just tried several times with my iPad and all that happened was I liked and unliked your post several times. No other rating icons ever came up. FYI I use an iPad or iPhone to access this site and got the same result on my iPhone. I’m guessing it’s a settings thing, lucky me.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the quick reply but I just tried several times with my iPad and all that happened was I liked and unliked your post several times. No other rating icons ever came up. FYI I use an iPad or iPhone to access this site and got the same result on my iPhone. I’m guessing it’s a settings thing, lucky me.
Press and hold to make other selections pop up

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ah, that’s the key. Thank you!
In my now two plus years of boatless status, I am far less active here nowadays, but still stop by. I was having same issue, so thanks for asking.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Got an interesting question today from a member asking what the blue "i" post rating meant. For many people they only use their phones on the forum, so they can't point a mouse at the icon to see what it means. You CAN click on the post rating summary below the post to see the definitions. That said, here are the active post ratings or reactions today:

View attachment 162647

All ratings are "positive" except "Dislike" - which is "Neutral" - meaning it does nothing.

Screenshot_20220829-212825_Chrome.jpg

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The right hand column references our post ratings "score" - as you can see, all ratings are "positive" except "Dislike" - which is "Neutral" - meaning it does nothing.
I think it should subtract a point... :eek:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think it should subtract a point... :eek:
The old rating system used to keep track of and display negative/neutral ratings.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A screen shot from Jan 2019, where the blue numbers next to the lime green number ratings are negative/neutral.

20210907_174057.jpg

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series