• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No Sub moves on an E-Series boat...NONE....not even a small one!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
lol! You guys are crazy. No way in hell would I do that to my boat!
Why not? The water just drains out the back. Engines and pumps just push water whether the reverse buckets are down or up so it's not like throwing your car in reverse while moving and damaging a transmission.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why not? The water just drains out the back. Engines and pumps just push water whether the reverse buckets are down or up so it's not like throwing your car in reverse while moving and damaging a transmission.
I think @MattFX4 is in salt water. . . . .

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
While I agree that I wouldn't do that in my boat either. . . . . . I had a blast doing it while piloting my buddy's Malibu Waksetter over Memorial day weekend. While it wasn't exactly a sub move we took a nice wave over the bow that washed back and got everyone.

Missed the fact that it didn't have a scupper drain on the deck like ours, though the bilge pump worked it all out, eventually .
Oh, thats a bad day! :eek: Way easier to dip the nose on an inboard. You don't even have to try to do a sub move...but I digress.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just be sure that everything fragile is off the ground or properly protected, most cell phones and cameras don't do well in water. Get a ladies purse wet and there could be hell to pay.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm in freshwater. Ha, well maybe to start with $3,000 in stereo equipment, other various electronics in boat, and I'm just weird I guess. I cant stand for the inside of my boat to get all wet. Drives me nuts when people started entering and exiting the boat dripping wet, and getting all the seats wet. Hell, maybe I shouldn't of bought a boat!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in freshwater. Ha, well maybe to start with $3,000 in stereo equipment, other various electronics in boat, and I'm just weird I guess. I cant stand for the inside of my boat to get all wet. Drives me nuts when people started entering and exiting the boat dripping wet, and getting all the seats wet. Hell, maybe I shouldn't of bought a boat!
I hear ya...My stereo equipment is in the back compartment and has never been wet due to sub move. My tower speakers a high and dry :). We surf, board, have ballast bags laying around that sometimes leak during fill, have wet people getting in and out, etc etc. Not worried about a boat getting wet and have had no ill effects in any boat in 35 years. Just me though.....You spent your money on your boat and can treat it like you want to.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Drives me nuts when people started entering and exiting the boat dripping wet, and getting all the seats wet. Hell, maybe I shouldn't of bought a boat!
Seriously, you picked the wrong hobby. . . . . ; )

I used to freak about food on the boat. Had kids, and got over it.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I hear ya...My stereo equipment is in the back compartment and has never been wet due to sub move. My tower speakers a high and dry :). We surf, board, have ballast bags laying around that sometimes leak during fill, have wet people getting in and out, etc etc. Not worried about a boat getting wet and have had no ill effects in any boat in 35 years. Just me though.....You spent your money on your boat and can treat it like you want to.
Seriously, you picked the wrong hobby. . . . . ; )

I used to freak about food on the boat. Had kids, and got over it.

I know, I know. I need to loosen up a bit. Esp as my toddler son gets older. I know he will be all over the boat with water, mud, food, and god knows what else haha.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To me, this is a flaw. These are jetboats. I love the way jetboats handle. The newer boats have an articulating keel and now they can't do sub moves. Pretty soon, they are going to have an inboard motor and prop, rather than a jet. They are getting away from the characteristics that make a jetboat a jetboat. For me, I am not a fan of these changes.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian, on balance I still wish I had your problem. You have an awesome boat with all the bells and whistles that looks great as well. Congratulations.
Don't get me wrong.....I love this boat...but will miss this one fun thing I did with the old boat. The new one is a bigger much more feature rich boat...drives more like an SUV than a sports car....but I love the SUV features!!!!

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nope. Not throwing all that water into my boat....could possibly cause too many unintended issues, especially electrically.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've never seen the need for a sub move it drenches the storage compartments and carpet...which in turn necessitates a week of dry-time. Ew to smelly carpet.

As for using the sub-move for an emergency stop, I always practice rule #1 of boating: never approach anything faster than you're willing to hit it. Scan the way ahead and avoid obstacles long before it's an emergency stop situation. If at night, slow down to give your limited vision more reaction time.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've never seen the need for a sub move it drenches the storage compartments and carpet...which in turn necessitates a week of dry-time. Ew to smelly carpet.

As for using the sub-move for an emergency stop, I always practice rule #1 of boating: never approach anything faster than you're willing to hit it. Scan the way ahead and avoid obstacles long before it's an emergency stop situation. If at night, slow down to give your limited vision more reaction time.
There is no need for boating at all :).

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian Does this prevent you from clearing jets with the "reverse trick" or is it only limited going from forward to reverse?

i can't imagine losing this ability for emergency stopping.

BMF JK

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It's funny back in 96 I had my first ride on a jet boat , a small seadoo . The owner did the sub move a few times, then the sheriff boat pulled up to us :eek:. He said people called 911 and stated some crazy boaters were trying to sink their boat ! Lol. The owner actually pulled out a brochure that had a pic of the maneuver , needless to say the deputy was intrigued and wanted to see us do it !
That day forward I wanted a jet boat , now I'm older and have one ... I'm thinkin yeeeeah no . :(

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian Does this prevent you from clearing jets with the "reverse trick" or is it only limited going from forward to reverse?

i can't imagine losing this ability for emergency stopping.
Can still do the pump clean out move.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length