• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Ocean Pines boat explosion

And to consider installing a fume detector! If he'd had one, his blowers would have turned on automatically, and an alarm would have gone off.....no explosion! Best safety mod ever!

I'm a big sniff around before you go kinda guy. The nose knows! This type of ignition/explosion always runs through my mind when on a pwc.

It just takes a moment to pop the hatch on the engine(s) and do a quick once over. Which you really should do anyway... Hoses, scupper, etc.

I agree, and check myself. But it only takes one mistake and failure to check to blow your boat up! For under $200 you can add a detector that will warn you of fumes. Mine went off once when I was fueling up....I think the vent fumes were pulled in the air intake as it only went of briefly. I won't own a boat without a fume detector....so simple, yet explosions like these are all too common. Very surprised it isn't required. Would be like buying a car without brakes in my book....

1 cup of gas in the bilge is about = 1 stick of dynamite.

Blowers are insurance to keep those fumes away.

What does everyone think about of the auto blower function on the 2015 24'?

I was actually heading back to my canal in Ocean Pines right when that happened. Oddly enough I didnt notice or hear it.

I did have a bunch of friends calling me about it as I had 5 people, was in Ocean Pines and had a 24ft boat....

On a side note, the winds and chop were crazy in the bay, especially on Sunday. My boats mooring came loose at Seacrets and almost floated away!! (Happens more often than you would think)

The shuttle boats do a great job of watching over everyones boat and they ran out and rescued it with an anchor.

Luckily it didnt hit another boat!

What does everyone think about of the auto blower function on the 2015 24'?

I think I wasn't aware that it had automatic blowers...I missed that. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

And now that I do know, I think the new 24' is an even better vessel than I thought before.

And to consider installing a fume detector! If he'd had one, his blowers would have turned on automatically, and an alarm would have gone off.....no explosion! Best safety mod ever!

Perfect time to link to your info....nothing like a boat blowing up to convince others to add an ounce of prevention!

Is there a thread about your install on this site? :winkingthumbsup"

I think I wasn't aware that it had automatic blowers...I missed that. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

And now that I do know, I think the new 24' is an even better vessel than I thought before.

Perfect time to link to your info....nothing like a boat blowing up to convince others to add an ounce of prevention!

Is there a thread about your install on this site? :winkingthumbsup"

Linked in both my Signature as one of my mods, and also in the FAQ.....(See "Fume Alarms" below)

One of the first mods I've done to my boats.

490995.jpg

Back