• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

One picture of your last outing.

Finally got time to get out without having to deal with insane wind, and the water was perfect. Not another boat in sight.
View attachment 226344

After searching multiple times since 2015..... I finally spotted one! I've seen pictures other people have taken, but I've never seen one in person until today! We were about 40ft from it. It slid off the bank into the water and just stayed like that watching us. Looked to be 7-8ft. Not huge, but bigger than my wife wanted to see. They've been in North AL for years, but now that she has seen one in person herself, she says we have to sell the boat. So I guess we'll revisit that conversation and see how she feels about it in a day or two.
View attachment 226345
My wife saw one when we were in Savannah and never went back in the water. We had a lake house on Hartwell. I started to catch gar and then she didn't want to get into the water there! I hope your wife gets over it quickly!

My wife saw one when we were in Savannah and never went back in the water. We had a lake house on Hartwell. I started to catch gar and then she didn't want to get into the water there! I hope your wife gets over it quickly!
Me too!

Smoky sunset on Lake Oahe
B9FB51D3-5CC2-4466-A954-0C1E8FCE7100.jpeg

Sunset from anchor at Valcour Island, NY

5845A1E2-D6D5-47F1-89E5-0DEF26EB3AF1.jpeg

Every surface of that boat would literally be untouchable where I live. Looks great though.
I was thinking the same thing. Would be near impossible for me to wash and dry without water spots. I would need to use DI water only and a quick spray wax. Very sharp color combo.

Good anchorage at the Southern end of Willsboro Bay, NY. Near Safe Harbor Willsboro Marina and Boats R Fun Dealership.

D9CA8054-149D-4C44-9263-9DEC40DAAECF.jpeg

Last edited:
Back