• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

One picture of your last outing.

Got my Public Vessel license this spring, and one of my "retired guy" activities is piloting boat tours of a section of the Erie Canal. This two-mile section has a restored and fully functioning aqueduct we go over. We toured a few thousand second graders the last six weeks (Erie Canal is in the 4th grade curriculum), and now we'll do public tours two days a week through the summer. This class was belting out a solid version of Low Bridge, Everybody Down this morning...

View attachment 221772

How’s it going? Still giving tours? Done for the year? I know the canal, Champlain anyway, closes 10/16 this year.

Last edited:
How’s it going? Still giving tours? Done for the year? I know the canal, Champlain anyway, closes 10/16 this year.
Still doing a charter every week or two. I don't have any more on my schedule, and I think we're about to wind it down and start winterizing the boats. Really enjoyed it this year. I'm glad I got involved.

Looks like you got a great sendoff for the season, but it's a bummer to hear that it's ending.

Is that up near Port Washington?

I think @FSH 210 Sport would be very interested in your experience out on Lake Michigan for some possible future outings
I wish my day on Lake Michigan would have looked that!!!

This was Friday. Final golf outing of the year, proceeds to help with costs of funeral expenses for one of the employees of the sponsor. 15 years old, just never woke up. Sounds like it was peaceful, thankfully. Mom & dad were more than a little overwhelmed, and a good time was had by all

1000027389.jpg

Then, Saturday. I was supposed to be up on that roof, but I'm working on a kidney stone, so I was the helper on the ground. Me and the BIL with a bad hip, and I only threw up once! 🤦‍♂️

I had to cut out early, and rain moved in to bring progress to a halt anyway. The sons of the owner were sealing up problem spots to make things watertight while they wait for emmer effing special order parts, thanks to the color choice of the wife of one of the brothers who was nowhere in sight to help with the project 🤬

1000027472.jpg

1000027474.jpg

Dinner later that night, @FSH 210 Sport this was Haase's (and Annie from the Sandbar Bash who chatted you and @WiskyDan up at Hahns), that we couldn't make when you visited. Definitely have to plan ahead to get you there if you can make it back to the area!

Had to do a little incognito mode for her just in case, but this place handled our large group effortlessly, and it was a dynamite meal!

1000027499.jpg

I think yesterday was probably our last outing of the year, and it was a perfect day. Cool morning but warmed up fast, light breeze, almost no traffic, birds everywhere wanting their pictures taken (Show us what you see thread). Water temp is still 74, which is crazy. Rain is here now and the temp is dropping, so it's time to get the camper ready for a few fall trips.

1727094010126.jpeg

1727094052936.jpeg

Dinner later that night, @FSH 210 Sport this was Haase's (and Annie from the Sandbar Bash who chatted you and @WiskyDan up at Hahns), that we couldn't make when you visited. Definitely have to plan ahead to get you there if you can make it back to the area!

Had to do a little incognito mode for her just in case, but this place handled our large group effortlessly, and it was a dynamite meal!

View attachment 226781
That steak and mushrooms looks mighty tasty!

Back