• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

PerfectPass via FloridaInboards

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
http://www.floridainboards.com will be organizing a PerfectPass group buy beginning March 11th.

You can get in by calling Jody Seal at 850-215-1996 after March 11th, he will be in Australia until then, or emailing him at floridainboards@msn.com .

Last year his group buy pricing was approximately 17.5% off. He says he will not be able to discount as deeply this year due to other vendors complaints.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you think this will end up a better deal then what is going on with YJB? Will they be able to get the Yamaha version I wonder?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The YJB Store group buy is a sure thing. But the discount is similar to what most vendors offer as their standard discount if you call or email. Jody has sold the Yamaha version in the past. Although Brian complained to PP about Jody's 2013 group buy. The YJB group buy will be over before Jody's group buy starts and Jody is more generous in his discounts so I am hoping his will be the better deal.

Regardless, Brian treated me so poorly for organizing the group buy that he is now profiting from that I no longer want to participate in it.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same. I will wait. Please keep me informed.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jawsf16 please send Jody an email that you are interested in the group buy. He says he keeps us all in a file until he negotiates with PP.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wilco. Thanks!

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would love to participate and get one, but I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to install it correctly. Is the installation fairly simple??

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Really not that hard. The hardest part I've heard most people have is with finding a good power source to connect to (that was easy for me as I already had a 4 gang switch with pos/Neg bus bars). #perfectpass

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Suchawittygal you guys also have a blue sea 4 gang fuse/switch panel at the helm with an open slot! You also have a ground bus at the helm! Additions like this are easy in terms of electrical distribution. Setting up PP is a little more difficult, but we have a number of members here that have done it! So it should be pretty simple. I would do it for day use! lol

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would love to participate and get one, but I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to install it correctly. Is the installation fairly simple??
It's pretty straight forward. I know the HO motors are a bit different but my install was a breeze. The customer service at PP is awesome too. You could be in your boat on the cell phone and their tech guys know exactly what you're question is. They know their product and your exact installation.

Let me know if I can help you guys.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I thought the install wasn't that difficult however I'm having a little trouble keeping my throttle cables from binding which causes PP to miss the set point. I think you have more room in the 230 vs my 212 so should be easier to find the right spot for the cable.

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I've attempted to research perfect pass to see the benefits. From what I'm reading, it's a GPS speedometer?? Can someone explain the benefit, or if I'm looking at the wrong product? Thanks in advance.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it's best use is for towing wakeboarders, skiers or surfers. Our boats don't like to keep a constant speed and PP is the answer, it's the best thing I've bought for the boat, towing somebody set it control and forget it.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
PerfectPass does manufacture a GPS Speedometer, but you already have one of those in your 240.

The item we are interested in is a $1350 cruise control for water sports. It eliminates the need to precisely manage the throttles. Just set it and go. For my wife, it means the boat can go exactly 9 mph when she is wake surfing. For my kids it means the boat can go exactly 18 mph when they are tubing. For me it means that perfect pass can control the speed so I can get out of the boat and enjoy the water. Some members consider it to be a marital aid!

The Stargazer Wake Edition (Twin Engine) is what I plan to buy http://perfectpass.com/?q=systems .

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I've attempted to research perfect pass to see the benefits. From what I'm reading, it's a GPS speedometer?? Can someone explain the benefit, or if I'm looking at the wrong product? Thanks in advance.
GPS speedo + cruise control. The Yamaha cruise is RPM based rather than speed based so a few turns and you can lose all your speed.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bruce I sent Jody an email but have not received a response yet. Did you?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jawsf16, he said he would start working on the group by March 11th. So i do not expect to hear from him until late next week. He was taking an annual trip to Australia for their summer.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the update!