• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picking up our 2015 SX240!

Jon Burns

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys, new to the forum! Like the thread says we're picking up our yacht blue SX240 on Saturday and want to make sure we're ready. Been reading through the forum and found the checklists for new boat pickup, but have a question about trailer plugs. This is our first boat with trailer. Does the ShoreLand'r trailer use a flat 4 socket or something different. I have a 2011 F150 with the max tow package that has a flat 4 socket and a round 7 pin round one.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome!

It likely uses a 5 flat. You'll want to grab A 7 pin to 5 flat adapter. The fifth wire is used for the surge brakes.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congratulations! You will love it!

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome Congrats! I wanted an SX240 over my AR since I don't do much tow sports, but there were none around here, and I hate waiting, LOL!

Make sure to post pictures in this thread when you get it.

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome to the site. Post some pics when you pick her up. Print your checklist and don't feel silly going through it. I was so excited I left mine in the car and it was staring at me when I got home. Didn't miss anything critical but I do have to go back and pickup a spare for the trailer as the dealer forgot.

Oh, and just like a new kid with shoes, it's okay to admit that you'll be sleeping in the boat the first night. We all might deny it but it's okay, we know the real truth.......I'm not admitting to anything!!!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Jon Burns - BIG CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome here, :Welcome: but more importantly, for choosing the BEST BOAT available today !

The Good News about your 2015 24-footer only grows larger each & every time you take it out.
2015's are not "new models" - They are entirely NEW BOATS. That is why dealer inventories (of 24 footers) are running at all-time lows for this time of the year.

Let us know how we can help you.
And we specialize in spending ANY left over cash you might have THOUGHT you owned, for toys for your boat you MUST HAVE !
LOL !
Please enjoy the Best Boating Year ever, Jon, this year !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - Oh yeah, almost forgot .........

+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 93 - MODIFIED Jon Burns - sm.jpg

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats. I have the same boat. You are gonna love it.

bmb5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on your new boat!! We have the AR240 & we love it. It is a new animal (a tame one) to us & we have only had it out once because of the crazy weather we have here. It is all about practice but the end results are awsome.