• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post up your funny MEMES (Nothing Political Please)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah I found out what she wanted the conversation didn’t end well. There was a list of items being requested by her a few being a dog and I had to finance the new boat longer then 5 years and both I’m unwilling to do at this time. I could have lived with the financing request and just paid it off in 5 years any way but to request I pick up dog poo for the next 15-20 years is to much I will wait till she wants a new pair of shoes or something instead.
I get it now! Its not that your wife wants a new boat....she wants you to get a new boat so she has a reason to buy her list of stuff! LOL Yeah...that's not what I thought you were saying! You need to get her to the point of wanting the new boat....and if not, then have her list REALLY CLEAR! Or ideally have already worked down/acquired her list.... :winkingthumbsup"

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah I found out what she wanted the conversation didn’t end well. There was a list of items being requested by her a few being a dog and I had to finance the new boat longer then 5 years and both I’m unwilling to do at this time. I could have lived with the financing request and just paid it off in 5 years any way but to request I pick up dog poo for the next 15-20 years is to much I will wait till she wants a new pair of shoes or something instead.
I really messed up as I never thought for asking something out of the deal with regards to dogs. Dogs can be great but just not something I would choose on my own to have in my life at this point. To make my wife happy I agreed to a mid sized dog that does not shed and I asked for nothing out of it. That dog has worked out fine except for when we want to take a trip longer than a day and the dog hair getting caught under the edges of the seadek. To make my then 19 yo daughter happy (again me getting nothing out of it) I agreeded to another dog provided she pay for everything and take care of everything with that dog. Well that dog against my wishes turned out to be a german shepherd puppy. Great dogs but tons of energy and not a great fit for a quarter acre lot in an HOA. They need a job to or else that job turns into eating everything they can put into their mouth. In just over a year that dog has cost me a lot of time a money. Ate a brand new couch, scratched the heck out of the hardwood floors all over, tore up the yard, tore up the swim platform seadek, ate window blinds, ate a leather car seat, etc.. Multiple trips to the vet for eating shurbs in the back yard and getting very ill. Guess who pays for it all and who takes care of the dog half the time?

@robert843 is making a very smart choice IMO.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sure he is.

As long as he is not replaced with a dog. Or worse.
(lolol)
1549303390312.png

--

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
58A05258-B31C-4104-B73D-59CD1B9EBF9F.jpeg

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I really messed up as I never thought for asking something out of the deal with regards to dogs. Dogs can be great but just not something I would choose on my own to have in my life at this point. To make my wife happy I agreed to a mid sized dog that does not shed and I asked for nothing out of it. That dog has worked out fine except for when we want to take a trip longer than a day and the dog hair getting caught under the edges of the seadek. To make my then 19 yo daughter happy (again me getting nothing out of it) I agreeded to another dog provided she pay for everything and take care of everything with that dog. Well that dog against my wishes turned out to be a german shepherd puppy. Great dogs but tons of energy and not a great fit for a quarter acre lot in an HOA. They need a job to or else that job turns into eating everything they can put into their mouth. In just over a year that dog has cost me a lot of time a money. Ate a brand new couch, scratched the heck out of the hardwood floors all over, tore up the yard, tore up the swim platform seadek, ate window blinds, ate a leather car seat, etc.. Multiple trips to the vet for eating shurbs in the back yard and getting very ill. Guess who pays for it all and who takes care of the dog half the time?

Yes.. but that puppy is sooo cute!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Exactly! We are dog people my last dog died 4 years ago from cancer so its not like I have anything against dogs but they are kind of an inconvenience at this stage of life. We travel a lot and finding a dog sitter sucks even the little things like wanting to stop somewhere after work gets altered because someone has to go home to let the dog out. Biggest problem I have is I don't have the time right now to properly train the dog right now. Needless to say this conversation didn't end well and the whole basis of getting another boat was quickly forgotten by her lol.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes.. but that puppy is sooo cute!
Yeah they're great salesmen! Unfortunately my wife saw an "aussie-doodle" the other day. (I didn't even know those things even existed) Guess who's been asked to now look up local breeders?

Aussie-doodle:

Screenshot_20190204-194032_Google.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah they're great salesmen! Unfortunately my wife saw an "aussie-doodle" the other day. (I didn't even know those things even existed) Guess who's been asked to now look up local breeders?

Aussie-doodle:

View attachment 87361
Are those non-shedding?

We adopted an amazing boxer/lab mix from the local shelter. She's an amazing dog, but sheds white hair EVERYWHERE. The 7yr old and her are inseparable. Wife is talking about another dog for the baby in a year or two. Next one will be a non-shedding breed.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I dont trust rodents that live South of me. I still have Mud season to get thru.

20190205_074818.jpg

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
1C1CCE26-B7D9-4361-838A-156A0B59851D.jpeg

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are those non-shedding
Yes they are non-shedding.

From what I've found the "aussie" makes them smart reliable dogs, where the "poodle" part adds the non-shedding, hypoallergenic, great family dog traits to them. And they normally only grow to be around 30 lbs, but depending on the mix can be a 70 lbs big boy. All depends on the breeder.

The wife may end up getting her way.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

From what I've found the "aussie" makes them smart reliable dogs, where the "poodle" part adds the non-shedding, hypoallergenic, great family dog traits to them. And they normally only grow to be around 30 lbs, but depending on the mix can be a 70 lbs big boy. All depends on the breeder.

Remember, Aussie is a shepherd/herding dog, having owned Border Collies and now (2) Belgian Shepherds, they want to herd something all the time, does not matter who or what. All great dogs, with ability and want to learn anything you can teach them.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

unless you get the aussie's shedding and poodle's hyper drive mix, everybody forgets about that possibility

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had an Australian Shepard when I was younger. Was a great companion dog for me in my late teens/early twenties. Super sharp, and VERY loyal. I used to get him those cheap plastic/rubber balls from the dollar store and toss them in the backyard randomly for him to herd into a group. was amazing to watch.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
unless you get the aussie's shedding and poodle's hyper drive mix, everybody forgets about that possibility
Very good point. I will have to read up on that to ensure that I am able to mitigate that possibility.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very good point. I will have to read up on that to ensure that I am able to mitigate that possibility.
Not to sound terrible or spoil the fun of buying a new dog.
But, there is a lot of animal cruelty involved in some (certainly not all) designer breed operations..., picking the breeder can be the tough part.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

We have what was called an Australian Labradoodle and was told it was simply a Labradoodle crossed with a cocker spaniel. Yes, no shedding, smaller and smart!

Attachments