• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post up your funny MEMES (Nothing Political Please)

tbg0519

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The only solvable equation would be that it doesn't matter. The G force from instantaneous acceleration would be fatal. (0-88mph in .5s would be more than fatal. Faster would just leave you as a puddle). Otherwise, you need to factor in the time from 0-88 and 88-0, which will make the time longer.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The only solvable equation would be that it doesn't matter. The G force from instantaneous acceleration would be fatal. (0-88mph in .5s would be more than fatal. Faster would just leave you as a puddle). Otherwise, you need to factor in the time from 0-88 and 88-0, which will make the time longer.
He will arrive at 1205 hrs..

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@buckbuck @FSH 210 Sport @drewkaree

SO......I took @tbg0519 challenge on this one. @buckbuck I owe you an apology. Once I took into account acceleration, the time jumps to 12:05:36.929......which rounds back UP to 12:06. Sorry sir.

Here's the math if anyone is interested.......and yes I was bored on a Friday afternoon :D

1698433872074.png

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You definitely are in need of some sort of therapy. :)
I mean.....Maybe.......I did mess around with the accel and decel numbers to find something realistic that a math teacher might drive. Those assumptions can really swing the math a few thousandths either way.....Yea, I probably need help at some level

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I came up with 35.4 minutes… I didn’t, nor could I do the deep dive that @2kwik4u did… I took the word problem at its face value… leaving at 1130hrs at 88 mph. Blame the NERC RC test ….

52miles / 88 mph=.590 hrs
.590x60mns=35.454545, so I guess I should have rounded up to 35.5 minutes + 1130 to =1205hrs.

Fun stuff!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Constant acceleration to 88 mph? Very disappointed in you. ;) (BTW, The R1T 0-90 is ~7 sec)
Yea, Math Teacher probably can't afford a Rivian (before his move to the private sector that is), but can probably do the Diff Eq to account for non-linear acceleration.

Just occurred to me there's got to be some philosophy to go with this math.......Do we round time? When is the next minute said to begin? If we round, then this minute accounts for the 50% before and 50% after it's exact time. If we don't round, then we are forced to use the lower bounds as the :05 minute has not completed itself yet, and we have not yet begun the :06 minute when he arrives. This a stopwatch (truncated to just minutes) would still say 12:05. So, perhaps @buckbuck and I should settle this over a pint as we discuss the nuances of what constitutes a minute?!?!

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So much math! I had to scroll back up to the top of page to see what thread I was reading! :p

Jim

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length