• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Post up your sub moves pics and videos!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't recall seeing a sub move video and pic thread..... @buckbuck has some great ones....I'll let him post them....there are also some amazing exciter subs too and even this one from a Mastercraft that I'll link up

Mastercraft

Here is a Seadoo sub..

@buckbuck by the way...my daughter saw your video and said .... "I've gotta try that".... So if you are sub commanding at Shelbyville..you have one requested passenger!

Have you thought of grabbing a couple of ballast pumps to speed the emptying process?

Not that I would EVER do this considering the amount of cash in audio electronics alone...but out of curiosity how is it even done?

Not that I would EVER do this considering the amount of cash in audio electronics alone...but out of curiosity how is it even done?
Easy. Go forward at a moderate speed, then throw it in reverse. The nose goes under and you fill up with water. Good to know if you have to go under a low bridge at high tide. :winkingthumbsup"

The more weight you have in the bow, the lower the bow will go, also the faster you are going and the harder you throw it into reverse impacts how deep it plows.

I do a "shower" move almost every trip out....go 35....and put it into reverse not too hard. Drives the bow down and sprays the occupants. You can practice this and get the spray down to a science....

@buckbuck has the sub down to a science!

I didn't think the water would get into the ski locker and engine compartment.

I'm voting for a GoPro video of a sub move, who can do that for us?? I'm thinking a tower mount view down to the bow, I think that would be awesome to see....

I will enjoy this vicariously through these vids. . . . . not a snowballs chance in hell I would ever do this. = )

my son must never see this thread !! Ill have to try the spray move @Julian that has some merit, but I just cant bring myself to sink her.........

how about spin outs?

watch til the end, sub moved the old LS

One weird thing I've noticed is when I do a sub move, the boat turns sharply even though I'm pointed straight ahead. I forget which way it turns - I think its to the right - but it always turns the same direction when I do a sub move. Anybody know why?

@0627Devildog
x2 on not ever doing that...but will admit I laughed pretty hard watching the videos!

One weird thing I've noticed is when I do a sub move, the boat turns sharply even though I'm pointed straight ahead. I forget which way it turns - I think its to the right - but it always turns the same direction when I do a sub move. Anybody know why?
I've noticed that. More weight on right side would cause it?

Weight distribution?

Its the screwball effect turning your boat to the right. :)

all you nay-sayers don't know what you're missing! Its a blast on a hot day. And good for lots of laughs too. :D

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. :p

(p.s. I'm not talking about the mastercraft move in the video I'm talking about the Yamaha shower move described by Julian)

Last edited:
all you nay-sayers don't know what you're missing! Its a blast on a hot day. And good for lots of laughs too. :D

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. :p

(p.s. I'm not talking about the mastercraft move, just the normal yamaha sub move)

HAHA Put a few K into electronics and let me know how that Sub move made out for ya lol

Back