• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pressure washers

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have had a gas pressure washer for a while....I think it is a craftsman (will have to go look!). After a few years, it died. And much like another thread on here, it was expensive enough for me to start pulling it apart to determine what was wrong.

Long story short mine has a removable pump - and I was able to research online that the failure is some cheap parts within the pump. After researching the parts and the price of a new pump, I was lazy and just bought a new pump on amazon!

So if yours is dead....step one....see if it has a removable pump on the bottom and replace that.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since we got the boat this year, I didn't want to keep lugging up my electric pressure washer, and the neighbor's gas-powered one wasn't available a few times (and was a pain to get at, since he stored it off-site from his house). After watching this video, I ended up buying this one, and have been very happy with the performance AFTER upgrading the hose and getting a different gun.

The hose I ended up getting was this one:

The gun I got was this one:

The foam cannon I got was this one:

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Separate pump and motor are the best, belt driven is better than direct drive. Less vibration. Honda motor is best but others are good also. Cat or Genaral pumps are best. This is advice for gas model.BBFA0F2E-5975-48FD-9E38-90C8EF6F446B.png

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i would go that route and u could buy 3 before you get to the price of 1. I have a Dewalt direct drive like that with a Honda and I loan it out because people always ask to borrow one. The belt drives have less vibration transferred to the pump and will last longer under extreme use but how many people use it all day every day. For washing stuff off a electric works great you will do more damage with a high power gas model. For business I have gas and Diesal models but I’m switching to more and more electric tools. 100hp Diesal 18 GPM @ 4,000 psi works fast though. We use them for drain cleaning parking lot drains.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had gas with honda engine and it definitely did the job but it was less compact and I was always careful about maintaining the gas each storage season. Downsized to electric since I don't strip a deck anymore and the electric has been a good replacement. I do most of my work near my driveway so the plug is not an issue. It is very light weight and the soap cannon option is way better than my old gas.

I was not going to use the washer for my boat for fear of any damage.... I will go with hand cleaning and will follow this thread