1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. After selling out of last years red and blue models, Eric Justason has ordered another round of Koozies. The new color options are Blue with Yellow Logo, Red with Black Logo and Yellow with Blue Logo. He is making them available for $1.25 each. You can order yours via his Order Form or you can discuss them in this Thread. All proceeds from Koozie sales go into future SWAG production and event sponsorship.

(Clicking the X in the top right hand corner will dismiss this notice).
    Dismiss Notice

Push Button Start Mod - It works! With video and full instructions

Discussion in 'Member Tips and Ideas' started by Mainah, May 20, 2016.

1. Pirana

Pirana Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Scarab
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    HO Impulse
    Boat Length:
    It's a 2016 so the push button was an option. I was a car stereo/alarm installer so I'm very familiar with wiring and diagrams...but out of date on all the new "digital" relays and so, in order to do the ON/OFF via low-level signals.

2. Mainah

Mainah Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 6
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    It really will depend on your wiring. If you have a twin engine then likely very much like my diagram if only one engine then delete one start and one stop relay. If you are looking for single button start/stop then you will need a logic controller or complicated latching setup with a reset switch in case of a failure to start. I really like the programmable timer relays for their simplicity of wiring and multitude of functions. I bet you will figure it out once you figure out what your ignition wires do.

3. Pirana

Pirana Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Scarab
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    HO Impulse
    Boat Length:
    i was just curious since you posted a link to a new timer/relay...I thought maybe you had some new experience with that new one to do the ON/OFF via one button....anyway, you have given me a new project! LOL

4. Mainah

Mainah Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 6
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    Ahh the new one is the same as the other. Basically that same board along with a bunch of others are mass produced in China and then a bunch of companies sell them. Sainsmart has better documentation than most and the documentation is usually available on their website.

5. USN SCPO RET

USN SCPO RET Active Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    That's pretty cool...

Possible mod coming up.

6. Geoffrey bell

Geoffrey bell New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    /spaz1868.
    Did you use the existing keys holes and if you did what push buttons did you use.

7. spaz1868

spaz1868 Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +163 / 6
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length: