• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Repairing and Overhauling a 2010 242 LS (pic heavy)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I would set micro-goals to complete the seats. One cushion a day would get you done in 2 weeks?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I decided to replace my trailer (2010 galvanized MFI trailer) with the one that came with the donor boat (2017 painted shorelander). Now I need to start swapping parts like the tires and rims, bunk boards, ramp n clamp and trailer houses as well as trailer camera. However I’m going to replace the stock trailer Jack and don’t want another Fulton f2. So I ordered this one instead, based on reviews I read here. $390.41 via Amazon delivered, not inexpensive at all but worth it if it lives up to the hype. This may be the last trailer Jack I ever buy, unless the f2 on my Waverunner trailer fails, in which case I will buy another ark trailer Jack, just the lower capacity version.
8ABA9471-4FBC-4A9D-8F92-74C4C56177F3.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would set micro-goals to complete the seats. One cushion a day would get you done in 2 weeks?
I am thinking the same thing but there are more than 14 cushions and the large curved ones in the bow are supposed to be the hardest to deal with. So I may do two or three of the smaller ones a day instead because it may take more than one session. To do the larger cushions, especially the curved ones. I also need to a lot time to cutting two to four new baseboards out of plywood.

all of this is making me think the $1,800 quote I got to reskin the cushions including the captains chair isn’t that hard to accept. The only effort there other than handing over The cash is dropping the cushions off and picking them up. Of course I still have to cut new baseboards myself but that isn’t hard or as time consuming.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Seems like a good price to me Ronnie!
I agree when compared to the price of the higher end magma grills but not when compared to the $50 I paid for my current grill. Not really a fair comparison though since I bought my current grill new in package from a private party (he won it at a company raffle).

here is a pic of the two grills and tables for size comparison. Bonus in that the new grill is a lot lighter as well.
5DAE1B24-BA3D-4230-9D35-1CED6586B561.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I agree when compared to the price of the higher end magma grills but not when compared to the $50 I paid for my current grill. Not really a fair comparison though since I bought my current grill new in package from a private party (he won it at a company raffle).

here is a pic of the two grills and tables for size comparison. Bonus in that the new grill is a lot lighter as well.
View attachment 196664
Right on! So the rod holder mount screws onto the base of the new Q and stays attached while the tray just hangs onto the grill when mounted? I guess the Q will not fit in one of their bags with the rod holder / swivel mount attached?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Right on! So the rod holder mount screws onto the base of the new Q and stays attached while the tray just hangs onto the grill when mounted? I guess the Q will not fit in one of their bags with the rod holder / swivel mount attached?
Yes the new Q should allow the mount to directly connect to it and the shelf hangs off the front.

My current Q is angled at the bottom, I didn’t feel comfortable attaching the mount to an angled surface so I mounted the Q to a fillet table attached to the level lock mount.

I looked at some new storage bags but have found one yet as I need to take measurements of the new Q with the level lock mount installed first. I may just reuse the bag I have since the magma bags start at around $60.

not sure what i will do with the leftovers but probably offer the large fillet table to my brother and give the current Q to my son

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
These items just got delivered:

50 sets of three piece mounts To reinstall the sound absorbing foam on the bottom of the engine hatch. Based on experience I know that I will have at least 40 sets too many (like I did the first time around, years ago. Lost the left overs and will try not to this time around.
E3FAB2F4-3C65-421C-9ED6-45BB73C9F32A.jpeg
An almost $400 trailer Jack. It’s very heavy and seams well built. However, I am surprised that some assembly, not just installation, is required. I’m not surprised, because several reviews stated that they needed to get longer mounting bolts but I am disappointed that at this price longer bolts were not included instead of shorter ones.
31EB28F3-5A2B-4DC9-B7D2-CC69CC9277F4.jpeg
3952E6C2-5D56-4BE8-BFA0-1DB0593B9F15.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'm not too happy with my Ark. It makes weird noises at times and has rusted quicker than a cheapo west marine jack.

Thank you this post though, I have been meaning to reach out to them to see if any warranty. They do not list warranty on their site.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I'm not too happy with my Ark. It makes weird noises at times and has rusted quicker than a cheapo west marine jack.

Thank you this post though, I have been meaning to reach out to them to see if any warranty. They do not list warranty on their site.
I've had my Ark750 for almost 2 years and the tires have not held up. I've already replaced one wheel because the tire was coming off the rim, and now I noticed the tires are splitting from the weight. Another aspect I'm not happy about is that it seems to lean, no matter how I adjust the leg. Might change it out to something else. It's never bee stored outside or subjected to saltwater.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I decided to replace my trailer (2010 galvanized MFI trailer) with the one that came with the donor boat (2017 painted shorelander). Now I need to start swapping parts like the tires and rims, bunk boards, ramp n clamp and trailer houses as well as trailer camera. However I’m going to replace the stock trailer Jack and don’t want another Fulton f2. So I ordered this one instead, based on reviews I read here. $390.41 via Amazon delivered, not inexpensive at all but worth it if it lives up to the hype. This may be the last trailer Jack I ever buy, unless the f2 on my Waverunner trailer fails, in which case I will buy another ark trailer Jack, just the lower capacity version.
View attachment 196655
I love this jack. If you’re pushing it around a lot though, I would recommend lowering it all the way. On my first one the inner tube got bent, I think by pulling it with the truck before fully retracted. User error, trying to man handle it rather than fixing the problem correctly. I bought a 2nd jack identical.

Edit: I just read the posts above. Sounds like it’s good that I saved the wheels and a couple other things from my first jack.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I love this jack. If you’re pushing it around a lot though, I would recommend lowering it all the way. On my first one the inner tube got bent, I think by pulling it with the truck before fully retracted. User error, trying to man handle it rather than fixing the problem correctly. I bought a 2nd jack identical.

Edit: I just read the posts above. Sounds like it’s good that I saved the wheels and a couple other things from my first jack.
Wow, I should have asked for reviews from this forum. The wheels look stronger than those that come on the oem or Fulton F2, they are definitely heavier. If I start having wheel problems in the first two years, or any design/mfg issues, I will feel like this is overpriced/just not worth what they charge/what I paid.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Wow, I should have asked for reviews from this forum. The wheels look stronger than those that come on the oem or Fulton F2, they are definitely heavier. If I start having wheel problems in the first two years, or any design/mfg issues, I will feel like this is overpriced/just not worth what they charge/what I paid.
I really want to like it but I am struggling to justify the price. The magnetic handle is by far the best feature. If I go out of town I will raise it all the way and remove the handle... nice little security feature.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I really like it and haven’t had any wheel problems. 2 years on my first one - till my cousin bent it. All season in gravel with boat loaded. And Oct to May on concrete.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I’ll post a picture next time I’m up at the lake.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I picked the boat up from the detailer on friday and started putting it back together. That is, I put the intermediate bearing covers in place as well as the air filters and air filter covers.

I ended up removing the flame arrester elements from each engine. My plan was to replace them with the ribbon delete upgrades from my 2010 motors but found that the 2010s are larger diameter than the 2017s. Here are some pics, I don’t think the pics of the hull clearly represent how great it looks now. So I added a few before pics for comparison.
C6C3816F-E48E-4EDC-AE6A-8F070804616E.jpeg9EA872EA-79DC-43F9-B4EB-30BA78DC4108.jpegE206351A-2E9C-41AE-A27C-E8CA7F6372AA.jpeg8A4DFB55-0919-4AE2-AA4B-BBE570085CAB.jpeg716BF236-5735-42CE-90C2-21101F5481DA.jpegCC976CD9-E374-4F63-A5B8-412316FFA1BC.jpeg2F83C16A-2F31-4039-82F3-27ACB445CBD3.jpeg13EAA5EF-827C-44C7-BCB3-13F48CCD8D2D.jpegAB11F420-E769-4EFA-9289-C79F8FDED40C.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did some test fitting of the impact graphics. They were cut for a 252 and I want more at the front to cover the areas that I impact most so reconfiguration is in order.
1372190F-D8BF-4998-A9E9-A57F51CADA29.jpeg5FD471CA-5677-44DB-A9D8-595D19850CB0.jpegC8EA7EE2-53AE-43C9-B3E3-E7E0690608D0.jpeg

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just prepping for another driveway boating session.

I removed the batteries only to find that the charger maintainer I keep in the garage has died. I decided to test the NOKO three bank charger maintainer along with the Guest two bank unit at the same time. I also replaced my swim deck cupholder based Guest charging port with a NOKO unit.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looking good Ronnie!