• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

search tool.... I dont know what I'm doing ?!?!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just cant seem to master the search tool on this forum. Unless I recall the username that made the posting the results are all over the place.

Recently there was a thread on drilling new cup holder holes near the passenger seating area.

search content: cup holder, passenger cup holder, spare cup holder, install cup holder,

how do you search, why am I not smart 'nuff for this..

don't know the answer, sometimes I will google jetboaters.net and whatever I'm looking for and it will give me more responses

Sorry to say, I've not researched our search engine on the forum, but most forum search engines only index word 4 characters long or longer, so the word cup would have been eliminated from your search. Google doesn't have that limit. On the old forum this limitation was not changeable....not sure if we can adjust it here.... @Bruce may have researched it....

i have had more luck hitting the start a new thread button and then naming the thread and see what comes up showing similar threads....

As is with most forums the search engine only indexes words with 4 or more characters. I have run into the same issue searching for the words LED and JET.

There are two ways around this; upgrade to Xenforo Enhanced Search for $50 or make changes to the database.

Adding three letter words to the index will increase disk usage and slow down searches. I am not sure how much.

Who thinks we should index three letter words?

Google search:
site:jetboaters.net my search terms here

That's too funny, I had this exact same thought this morning. I can't even find my own posts most of the time! I have digressed to just use google and it pops up as it should.

You can use google to search a specific site, not sure if @Scottintexas does this the same way but I thought I would share.

You can use the syntax "site:www.yoursite.com <space> what to search for" If you want to exclude things you can use a minus "-" sign in the search string:
search1.jpg

So if you wanted to exclude the 3rd link "Water Standing...." use the minus and water " -water"
search2.jpg

I guess you beat me to the submit button... :)
It wasn't hard, with how you went all-out and made yours all fancy! :D

Back