• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

show off your guns here(fire arms)

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just ordered the new Strike Eagle 1-8. Vortex does 40% off MSRP for military and LEO.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just ordered the new Strike Eagle 1-8. Vortex does 40% off MSRP for military and LEO.
REALLY!!??!!

I may need to get a hold of some of my LEO friends before I order my next glass.
Looking at getting the Vortex Razor HD gen I 5-20x50 FFP..... MSRP $1699!!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie
Yep, go to vortex.com and in the upper right drop down is a military LEO link that takes you to Experticity.com kind of a pain to sign up but once you do it gives lots of discounts at various places. Other option is to email vortex and they will do the discount directly with a phone call. It's a great deal off of MSRP and lower than any actual prices I have seen.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm interested in how you like that BDC reticle. The "x-mas" tree is upside down compared most others that I have seen.

Please let me know how it works for you.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wilco. Excited to test drive it. Several buddies have the 1-6 and love it.

NavyShooter

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
200 meters, Sitting Snap (10x 3 second exposures over a random 6-foot frontage) with my AR last night.

Optic seen here is my Spotting scope (smart-phone pictures through spotting scopes are cool for tracking shot placement!)

Rifle has a Colt HBAR barrel, Armalite lower, RRA Free Float tube, and I run an Elcan C-79A2 sight on it.

Very happy to dump in 9 hits, 6 bulls 3 inners on this one. I'm way out of practice in the sitting position.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Up for sale...... $105.00 shipped to your door. Never used. See package label for what firearm they will fit. PM me for payment details.

IMG_3963.JPG IMG_3964.JPG IMG_3962.JPG

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tempting!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Last edited:

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not a firearm, but I thought might be worthy to reactivate the thread. Just added 7 weeks to my hunting season ! that's 28 more days in a tree !! (I guess the suppressor dollars will need to move into fiscal 2018)

upload_2017-8-10_13-33-31.png

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks good @justason

I decided to purchase a bow to stretch out my season as well. I ended up buying a Bear compound bow on black Friday. Down in Alabama we can use bows for both deer and turkey. Crossbows are only good for deer.

(not that I'm that good to get a tom on a bow.... but I would like to try)

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks good @justason

I decided to purchase a bow to stretch out my season as well. I ended up buying a Bear compound bow on black Friday. Down in Alabama we can use bows for both deer and turkey. Crossbows are only good for deer.

(not that I'm that good to get a tom on a bow.... but I would like to try)
Thanks @Bennie i've been wanting to get into bow for a while. Time snuck up on me and i figgure i'd get something to get me going without alot of training and see what happens next season. Season starts sept 9 here. 9 weeks before the dog clubs start and pressure the woods!

I took a turkey class recently. I need to prep more before that!! Sounds like a hell of a challenge. Coyotes Are spreading out of control and black bears are starting to be more common by the month!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Coyotes Are spreading out of control and black bears are starting to be more common by the month!
Oh yes!! That reminds me, the kid goes to school next Monday and I will be in the woods getting ready. Setting up cameras and killing coyotes.
Good times -- good times

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
IMG_4335.JPG
Oh yes!! That reminds me, the kid goes to school next Monday and I will be in the woods getting ready. Setting up cameras and killing coyotes.
Good times -- good times

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Are coyotes used for meat? Never knew you could hunt coyote legally but I am not a hunter by any means.
Say hey murf! Not for meat. I think they'd be pretty disgusting. They have no predators. No closed season on hunting them. You can spotlight light them at night. When we hunt deer using dogs they often push the coyotes. We cull the ones we can .

Farms get their stock beat up by these things Lot (chickens and such). Deer herds too

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Say hey murf! Not for meat. I think they'd be pretty disgusting. They have no predators. No closed season on hunting them. You can spotlight light them at night. When we hunt deer using dogs they often push the coyotes. We cull the ones we can .

Farms get their stock beat up by these things Lot (chickens and such). Deer herds too
I totally agree, I shoot on sight. No closed season here either. Having milked sheep for 14 years and witnessing the damage one bitch teaching her pups to kill, can do, I have no tolerance for them. Seeing some of your best stock torn up first thing in the morning gets to you. While milking one summer evening, that bitch killed 5 lambs and left them there, just to show her pups how to make a kill. My guards were in another paddock. As I stated earlier, I shoot on sight and no license needed on your own property.