• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

show off your guns here(fire arms)

Woodchuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is my toy...A .22 caliber target rifle. Anschutz barrel, Leopold scope, Remington action with a 2 ounce trigger pull. On a good day I can put five shots in the same hole at 100 yards. I do own a few other assorted rifles and handguns.

View attachment 16226
Jim, are you a member at SBRC? If not there is another Jim Robeson in Springfield. I'm a little envious of that rifle. I have a couple of centerfire bench guns but no rimfire yet.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Jim, are you a member at SBRC? If not there is another Jim Robeson in Springfield. I'm a little envious of that rifle. I have a couple of centerfire bench guns but no rimfire yet.
That is my Dad. He and I have shot together for awhile. He is still a member at a shooting range in Billings and I have shot out there several times during the 22 competitions. Sorry to say I just haven't had the time in the past few years to keep shooting.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anybody shoot the Glock 42? Curious about opinions on this pistol. Thinking about getting one.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Had a little fun at the range yesterday. Finally got to test out my Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 with the bump stock on it. Much cheaper and easier to control than having it on my AR.
Light pull, short reset trigger worked great with little adjustment. Occasionally the hammer follows the bolt too closely and it soft strikes.

I did have a little issue with my Bushmaster AR. It's double firing. If you're light and steady on the trigger it will double fire. If you pull the trigger hard it will fire once and then again when you let off the trigger. I haven't opened it up yet, it's the stock trigger. Any adjustment for that or do I just need to buy a better trigger group for it.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did have a little issue with my Bushmaster AR. It's double firing. If you're light and steady on the trigger it will double fire. If you pull the trigger hard it will fire once and then again when you let off the trigger. I haven't opened it up yet, it's the stock trigger. Any adjustment for that or do I just need to buy a better trigger group for it.
Send it back to Bushmaster. People have gone to prison for similar problems.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I didn't think about that but you're right, technically I'm getting 2 rounds per trigger pull which is outside the definition of semi-auto.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had a little fun at the range yesterday. Finally got to test out my Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 with the bump stock on it. Much cheaper and easier to control than having it on my AR.
Light pull, short reset trigger worked great with little adjustment. Occasionally the hammer follows the bolt too closely and it soft strikes.

I suggest the proper way to handle this sort of problem, upon discovery at the range, is to loudly announce "Double-tapped that bitch!"

Then, and only then, do as Bruce suggests.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi y'all ........... While I do not own any guns (just don't care to ...... Like some people don't own a set of golf clubs, etc) .......
A close good friend sent me this video today.
I think many of y'all will really like seeing this. VERY well done, and chock full of factual information.
Barbie & I enjoyed watching it. It's entitled "
Number One With A Bullet"
Wishing y'all a great week ahead, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, I guess the demand is lower than the supply now for .22LR. I was in Cabela's today and couldn't believe my eyes. They had a couple shelves worth of all kinds of .22LR, with bulk boxes readily available. It's still a little on the high side, but better than the scalper prices out there. I bought a 500 count box of Remington for $23. Winchester 9mm brass case were $11.99.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads up. Off to Cabelas I go.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi y'all ........... While I do not own any guns (just don't care to ...... Like some people don't own a set of golf clubs, etc) .......
A close good friend sent me this video today.
I think many of y'all will really like seeing this. VERY well done, and chock full of factual information.
Barbie & I enjoyed watching it. It's entitled "
Number One With A Bullet"
Wishing y'all a great week ahead, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Brilliantly done. Some fact-based, inconvenient truths there.

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody shoot the Glock 42? Curious about opinions on this pistol. Thinking about getting one.
I am curious as well. Thinking about getting one of these or a G43. I recently added a G19.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought the 42 a while ago. Probably put 100 rounds through it. It's a great little gun. Doesn't kill your palm like some of the cheaper 380's. So far I'm happy with it.

Barry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I also have a glock 42. Shoots great and easily concealable.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I only have two firearms. For personal protection I carry a Springfield Armory XD40 in olive drab. I also have an old Mossberg 16 ga. bolt action shotgun my father gave me years and years ago. I need to get a cheap 12 ga. pump for home protection one day.

I use a Serpa Blackhawk holster...

I use Pow'R Ball rounds for when it matters...

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I only have two firearms. For personal protection I carry a Springfield Armory XD40 in olive drab. I also have an old Mossberg 16 ga. bolt action shotgun my father gave me years and years ago. I need to get a cheap 12 ga. pump for home protection one day.

I use a Serpa Blackhawk holster...

I use Pow'R Ball rounds for when it matters...

Love my Remington 870 tactical image.jpg

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Love the Mossberg persuader. Great price. Who doesn't love the sound of a racking a classic 12 gauge pump?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guns are evil.