• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

show off your guns here(fire arms)

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NICE...Did you get it through the CMP? I can't imagine getting hammered by that round all day on the battlefield.
I did. They have an annual match in butner nc each year. R.lee ermy shows up. Cool guy. My son won a 22 for closest center shot rapid fire standing.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice Lookin gun. I only hope you have better luck with it than I have with my Ruger Mk III. Jamminest (my word) gun I've ever owned. Tried multiple ammo's even. I took off the loaded chamber indicator and smoothed out the feed ramp and it got a little better but I can't get through a full mag even. It just sits in my safe. Maybe one day I'll return it to ruger and see what they say. I had such high hopes for it. I was actually trying to get a Sig Mosquito at the time I bought it but they were never available.
My MKII is a little fussy about what you feed it (none of the cheap Federal stuff please... save that for my Lakefield Mark 2 bolt-action rifle) but nothing like what you describe. I'd contact Ruger if I were you. Something must me wrong. My experience has been that it's a very fun gun.

Tollus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was bored today, so I decided to clean a few of my guns. Springfield XDS is my summer carry, XDM is my winter carry. The other pistol is my first pistol, it's a Beretta 8045. The two ARs are completely custom. Have a few others I didn't need to clean, so this is only part of my collection.

Attachments

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
image.jpg Huglu 12 Gauge Over/Under
Mossberg 500 12 Gauge Pump
Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport
Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
Walther PPQ 9mm
Springfield XD Mod2 9mm
Springfield XD-S 9mm
Pair of Ruger LC9s 9mm

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
View attachment 29396 Huglu 12 Gauge Over/Under
Mossberg 500 12 Gauge Pump
Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport
Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
Walther PPQ 9mm
Springfield XD Mod2 9mm
Springfield XD-S 9mm
Pair of Ruger LC9s 9mm
I have the Mossberg over under and S&W M&P 15-22

I currently have a bump stock on the 22 with a Jard light pull short reset trigger...fires just like a full auto 22 and the ammo is CHEAP! Really fun gun. I use the O/U for trap, Love it!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Was bored today, so I decided to clean a few of my guns. Springfield XDS is my summer carry, XDM is my winter carry. The other pistol is my first pistol, it's a Beretta 8045. The two ARs are completely custom. Have a few others I didn't need to clean, so this is only part of my collection.
I have 2 XDMs a 40 and a 9...love em. Also have a Beretta M9. Silky smooth gun.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Big Shasta
My next purchase will most likely be a full size XDM 45. Really impressed with the springfields I have.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Big Shasta
My next purchase will most likely be a full size XDM 45. Really impressed with the springfields I have.
They are great, Can't go wrong there! I'll say also. I have a Taurus 1911 style 45. What a great gun that is. Accurate as hell! For a cheaper model, Taurus sometimes gets a bad rap but that's a badass 45.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Brought home a Big Brother for my Mark II on Wednesday:

It's a Ruger SR1911 chambered in .45 ACP. "Because shooting twice is silly." It came with one 7-round mag and one 8-round mag. The 7-round mag seats flush and the 8-round protrudes a bit. They cover it up by adding the pad so you think it's the pad that makes it stick out.

Haven't shot it yet, but found a place nearby that looks like a nice place to shoot (The Range in Richfield) so I'll be heading over there in the next couple of days (barring issues at work).

I also (finally) found a little .22 ammo around here so I'll have an opportunity to re-familiarize myself with my original "baby" after 20-some years of sitting in case. I might even break out my Lakefield Mark II bolt-action rifle just so it doesn't feel neglected.

Chomping at the bit for the smell of gunpowder!! :)

Edit: Fixed the freaking photo. :mad:

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just stumbled on this thread. Have a bunch of hunting firearms for me and my boys, some newer pistols and few plinkers, but here is my pride and joy toy. What makes this AR my pride and joy? .308! With free floated carbon fiber foregrip and a high end Nikon BDC matched scope. Target photo is 5 rounds in 22 seconds cold bore at 200 yards bipod benched, off the shelf ammo using this nail driver. Yes there are 2 holes under the quarter.

Attachments

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just stumbled on this thread. Have a bunch of hunting firearms for me and my boys, some newer pistols and few plinkers, but here is my pride and joy toy. What makes this AR my pride and joy? .308! With free floated carbon fiber foregrip and a high end Nikon BDC matched scope. Target photo is 5 rounds in 22 seconds cold bore at 200 yards bipod benched, off the shelf ammo using this nail driver. Yes there are 2 holes under the quarter.
Me Likey!!!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank God I live in the South!!

Such governmental seclusions are just sad. For some reason those Democrats believe that by holding down the law abiding citizens the evil among us will somehow become subdued and not be able to create chaos.

Firearms are merely tools - that is the sole extent of their purpose. A tool is no better than its user. I can take a wrench and loosen all of your brake lines, causing you to wreck, become injured and perhaps die while also possibly creating a motor vehicle homicide; OR I can ensure that your vehicle is ready for safe operations and a vessel to comfortably transport you and your family. The tool is merely a tool.

"The ONLY thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a GOOD guy with a gun" - Wayne LaPierre

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
A quick image of part of my collection...[flag][flag] Edit: I mean my fiends cousins uncles collection

upload_2016-10-25_14-4-11.png

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I recently purchased a Ruger LCR 9mm revolver for home protection and carry.

I didn't like the semi-automatic 9mm S&W so traded it in. I really lean toward revolvers as they feel safer to me. I know most prefer a semi-auto with clips but the revolver is reliable, easy to clean, and simple.

I like the LCR with moon clips because they are easy to load and unload. The revolver only has five shots though. Kick isn't too bad. It is a nice small gun for carry purposes. My wife would like to get a small semi-auto for her to carry.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I recently switched from from a glock to a m&p shield for carry. I tried my father's m&p shield at the range thinking I would not like it, but darn I did and now my wife keeps the glock in her purse if she feels the need.

yammiman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_0098.JPG View attachment 47824 Here are my "Boys" - feel free to stop by day or night!! LOL really love the feel of the Sig in my hand, but the Springy really gives me a.......well, you know!! LMAO!!

Last edited:

yammiman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is the gun I bought for my wife!! LOLIMG_0013.JPG

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 47824 Here are my "Boys" - feel free to stop by day or night!! LOL really love the feel of the Sig in my hand, but the Springy really gives me a.......well, you know!! LMAO!!
The TRP would be my favorite gun ever, if I owned one, had I liked guns, which I don't, because they are evil. . . . . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here are 2 holes IN a quarter. . . . . Now I have NO first hand knowledge of said events, nor do I condone them.

That said, supposedly this Savage 110BA in .308 was used along with a box of match grade 178 gr BTHP. The 2 holes apparently appeared after 2 back to back shots at 200 yards: 1 cold bore, 1 follow up.

The first shot to the upper right hand side turned the quarter a bit and slightly embedded it into the wood it was taped to. As a result the second shot was technically taken on a less visible target and created an elongated hole in the quarter as it entered into it at an angle. . . . . . or so I was told.

Last edited: