• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All y’all with temps between 95°-121°f, do you ever leave air conditioning? A nice outdoor working temp of 56°f this morning.

61BCE717-D2B2-458D-9F07-C14BB17B61EF.jpeg

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
63 degrees at 6:30 this morning on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
A warm 83 degrees at 7:30 this morning on the eastern shore of Alabama. .
All y’all with temps between 95°-121°f, do you ever leave air conditioning? A nice outdoor working temp of 56°f this morning.

View attachment 206792
I’m getting used to the temps quickly. It’s hot but not unbearably any more. Just like the extreme cold, you learn how to deal with it.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No end in sight here. The real problem now, and I mean REAL problem is the lack of rain. We are literally drying up and being baked to death. No considerable rain in Months.

IMG_4998.pngIMG_4999.pngIMG_5001.png

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
The Salty Wiener got excited and fell in the pool when I got home. He isn’t a fan….
IMG_3778.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What a can of Truley costs at concert venue (Shoreline Amphitheater) here in Mountain View, CA. Thankfully, neither my wife nor I were that thirsty.
We went cheap and bought cans of Soda instead, I thought it was strange that they were required to open the cans before handing them to us.
View attachment 206790View attachment 206791
2,z
Those prices are absolutely ridiculous! Popping the top is generally done so it can't be used as a weapon anymore. You'll still see people throwing their drinks, but not for long, once it's open, and not very often, at those prices!

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We have had a great Summer, aside from a week of Canadian smoke and a week of mid-90 degree temps.

Current 8 day forecast:

1692475490890.png
Current ocean temperature is 73 degrees. Great beach weather! :)

Jim

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed some LED lights in the body compartments of the work truck. They’re going to make things so much easier to deal with when working in the dark. I’ve been out a couple times at night without them and it was a PITA. next will be a light rack behind the cab with flood lights on each side of the truck and a strobe in the middle.

IMG_0691.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Ok, so I posted a thread last month on the missing bottom jet pump nozzle bolt that fell out while in the water and locked my rudder behind me CJS fin causing me to loose right hand steering until I could asses the issue and fix it. Today while on the Manatee River, my top bolt that holds the nozzle to the pump fell out. Thankfully I couldn’t tell until I finished flushing and washing the boat and spraying my rust/corrosion spray in the steering cable sheath and noticed the nozzle seemed loose. Further inspection showed the bold completely missing. Since I had this problem before, I bought a couple extra bolts and had them in the garage. When I ran the new bolt through the nozzle to the pump housing and manually moved the nozzle left to right, I could see the bolt spinning back out. As an engineer, when a company launches a product they do a DFMEA and a PFMEA to find failures within the process or design. Why did they not just through bolt the nozzle to the pump and put a nylon nut on the back side to prevent this since it is already through tapped and can be used as a pin?
below are of the rudder stuck behind my steering fin when the bottom bolt came out.
IMG_3617.jpegIMG_3616.jpeg
This pic is only the missing top bolt.
IMG_3790.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I’ll take it.
IMG_3793.pngIMG_3794.pngIMG_3791.jpegIMG_3792.jpeg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, so I posted a thread last month on the missing bottom jet pump nozzle bolt that fell out while in the water and locked my rudder behind me CJS fin causing me to loose right hand steering until I could asses the issue and fix it. Today while on the Manatee River, my top bolt that holds the nozzle to the pump fell out. Thankfully I couldn’t tell until I finished flushing and washing the boat and spraying my rust/corrosion spray in the steering cable sheath and noticed the nozzle seemed loose. Further inspection showed the bold completely missing. Since I had this problem before, I bought a couple extra bolts and had them in the garage. When I ran the new bolt through the nozzle to the pump housing and manually moved the nozzle left to right, I could see the bolt spinning back out. As an engineer, when a company launches a product they do a DFMEA and a PFMEA to find failures within the process or design. Why did they not just through bolt the nozzle to the pump and put a nylon nut on the back side to prevent this since it is already through tapped and can be used as a pin?
below are of the rudder stuck behind my steering fin when the bottom bolt came out.
View attachment 206852View attachment 206853
This pic is only the missing top bolt.
View attachment 206854
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC Jeff, what are your thoughts?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The steering installation has nothing to do with the nozzle bolts, in past models the bottom bolt had to be removed and reinstalled and both of those bolts need a good thread lock on them to keep them from coming loose also the factory has stainless steel standoffs that are held tight against the inner nozzle to create a void for the nozzle to turn on otherwise the bolt would stop the nozzle from turning. If anyone ever removes either of those 2 bolts on a stock boat and does not use thread lock on them they WILL come loose . The 2019 and newer super ultimate systems do not use the top or bottom bolt to attach the nozzle So they were not used to accomplish the installation. This has nothing to do with my system it has to do with the bolts not being properly thread locked . When I have a system that does use the BOTTOM bolt to do the install I send a special set of detailed instructions and thread lock as well .

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The steering installation has nothing to do with the nozzle bolts, in past models the bottom bolt had to be removed and reinstalled and both of those bolts need a good thread lock on them to keep them from coming loose also the factory has stainless steel standoffs that are held tight against the inner nozzle to create a void for the nozzle to turn on otherwise the bolt would stop the nozzle from turning. If anyone ever removes either of those 2 bolts on a stock boat and does not use thread lock on them they WILL come loose . The 2019 and newer super ultimate systems do not use the top or bottom bolt to attach the nozzle So they were not used to accomplish the installation. This has nothing to do with my system it has to do with the bolts not being properly thread locked .
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC I wasn't inferring it was your system, Jeff. But since you know all of the parts, inside and out, on all the nozzles and steering on our boats, was hoping you could shed some light on it. Sounds like @Thermobrett you need to use some thread lock.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC I wasn't inferring it was your system, Jeff. But since you know all of the parts on all the nozzles and steering on our boats, was hoping you could shed some light on it. Sounds like @Thermobrett you need to use some thread lock.
Any time you remove the nozzle bolts on these boats for any reason with or without steering added you MUST use thread lock compound and let it cure before using the boat I go into great detail regarding this as I said when my system uses a bottom nozzle bolt . so any one who removes their nozzle for any reason must add thread lock to the bolts. I also have alternate bolt sets for people who stripped their thread on the inside nozzle so they don't have an issue He may need to order the nozzle collars I suspect he did not have those in the nozzle when he said the bolts turned when he moved the nozzles side to side because they are inside the collar and the nozzle is loose with up and down clearance just go grab a nozzle and move it up and down on the trailer. Usually any issues with the bolt on the bottom happens pretty quick after someone removed it and did not install it properly . This is the first time I have ever ever seen any top bolt come loose so I believe he must have worked on the nozzle recently and did not know Yamaha requires the thread lock on those.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I pulled in the driveway this afternoon to see my 9yr old talking to Jeffery Bezos. After further questioning, Jeffery Bezos in the turtle that was on my driveway apron. Looks like he was escaping the pond hot water and heading for another across the street. He’s now safely relocated back in the pond, where we also startled a gator in the tall grass next to the pond.
IMG_3802.jpeg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our 10 year old $800. dyson vacuum stopped working, only half the brush would turn,

my daughter and I took it apart and were able to find the problem,
broken gear spindle, google says it's not an uncommon issue,

new one is on order

IMG_4330.jpegIMG_4331.jpeg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series