• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Walked in to a small elevator mechanical room today. Controls from the 1920's are exposed 3 phase 480 volt. Sure made pretty green sparks when somebody used the elevator. Kept my hands in my pockets.20190321_125710.jpg

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Walked in to a small elevator mechanical room today. Controls from the 1920's are exposed 3 phase 480 volt. Sure made pretty green sparks when somebody used the elevator. Kept my hands in my pockets.View attachment 90001
Great photo! Worked at a hospital engineering dept almost 30 years ago (when I was working on my BSME). Our tallest wing was approx 8 floors, the elevator switch room at the top looked just like that. Approx same age, too. What I remember most: the striking, unmistakable ozone smell.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love Chicago but man is it still cold!
1553318926336.png

--

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Can’t get the boat out yet so figured I would get my chores done so when the first nice weekend gets here I have no excuse to drive up to the lake!

image.jpg

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Walked in to a small elevator mechanical room today. Controls from the 1920's are exposed 3 phase 480 volt. Sure made pretty green sparks when somebody used the elevator. Kept my hands in my pockets.View attachment 90001
Early in my career as a Control Systems Engineer I found myself squeezed between one of these panels (only MUCH bigger gear) and the wall in a dark Electrical Equipment room of a RUNNING ore bridge crane on Zug Island (I was working for National Steel, Great Lakes Division at the time).

It's a REAL treat watching all those arcs, sparks, and lingering blue flames flashing inches in front of your face while trying to keep from falling into the dang thing due to the violent movement of the crane loading material into a rail car. (There was a whole section of DC voltage too.)

My plan was that if I DID fall into it, I'd go head-first since my hard-hat was really my only hope of electrical insulation.

I also vowed that if I got out of there I'd never follow "Koko" (an old Greek who was probably one of the first human beings called a "Control Systems Engineer" and had forgotten more about Zug Island's electrical system than anyone will EVER know) blindly into an Electrical Equipment Room again.

This is the type of crane. (Might actually be THE crane. I haven't worked there in over 20 years so memory fades....)

1553370958927.png

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sugar Snow, wet and heavy, 12" in last nights Nor'eastah.

20190323_111443.jpg

The dogs love it!

20190323_224959.jpg

Spring in Vermont!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake Mead up stream (obviously) from the Hoover dam.20190324_144851.jpg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Englewood Beach today for my birthday. Place was silly packed.

IMG_20190324_152429.jpg

IMG_20190324_192910.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Early in my career as a Control Systems Engineer I found myself squeezed between one of these panels (only MUCH bigger gear) and the wall in a dark Electrical Equipment room of a RUNNING ore bridge crane on Zug Island (I was working for National Steel, Great Lakes Division at the time).

It's a REAL treat watching all those arcs, sparks, and lingering blue flames flashing inches in front of your face while trying to keep from falling into the dang thing due to the violent movement of the crane loading material into a rail car. (There was a whole section of DC voltage too.)

My plan was that if I DID fall into it, I'd go head-first since my hard-hat was really my only hope of electrical insulation.

I also vowed that if I got out of there I'd never follow "Koko" (an old Greek who was probably one of the first human beings called a "Control Systems Engineer" and had forgotten more about Zug Island's electrical system than anyone will EVER know) blindly into an Electrical Equipment Room again.

This is the type of crane. (Might actually be THE crane. I haven't worked there in over 20 years so memory fades....)

View attachment 90105
Looks a lot like Big Blue from Port Washington... Same style, but clearly not the one I knew growing up.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
20190322_205846956_iOS.jpg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Tierra Verde (3) and sunset downtown Saint Petersburg! Beautiful Sunday...

IMG_0294.JPGIMG_0295.JPGIMG_0298.JPGIMG_0301.JPG

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'd add the caption: "Don't walk in the backyard in your dress shoes." :D
LOL...Laughing because we have and we did; not fun. Bombs everywhere. We don't bother putting the hose away; we just leave it out. But, thank you! They all think they're lap dogs!!!