• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I won't say where, but the guy "riding" the sturgeon, standing up on top of the pool table, is a fire chief making his first Sturgeon spearing weekend. That was his Sturgeon Virgin dare

IMG_20230211_180003809.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And here was his steed! Someone else speared it, but this was the biggest we saw all day. 76.5", 155 lbs, and it was speared on Lake Winnebago, which is quite an accomplishment for that size lake. Once in a lifetime experience for the woman that got that monster!
IMG_20230211_172942704_HDR.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Friday, one of my neighbors had his car fall through. 86 years old, he made it out alive, got a chance to talk to him about it. He said it all happened so quickly, and if his window wasn't down, he felt like he might have been trapped, maybe dead 😳

That thing on the right side of the open ice is a late 90's Chevy Trailblazer. He was able to get out and on top of the roof until someone came by and was able to rescue him

image000000_18.jpgimage000000_18.jpg

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As a duffer I hesitate to offer any golf tips, but I will…lol.

A short drive on the fairway is often way better than two boomers that end up OB or in trap/water.

Try dialing back your swing by 1/3 or more to gain accuracy. Also, you can go up a club to offset some distance.

Here in Florida we have a great fairway roll. 😄

Have fun and enjoy yourself!
Honestly, my short game isn't terrible. I hit a 5-Iron and down fairly OK. I putt decently, and can usually 2-putt a green once I'm on. My tee shots are almost always WAY right despite having a solid 250yd+ carry to them. Only had about 3-4 really "good" tee shots yesterday. One of those was a 6-iron I hit onto the green on #4.

I think I lost 6 balls yesterday. Which is probably the best round I've played ever. Most were lost off the tee, a few were lost into the woods on the right (It's always the damn right), and 2 went in the water :(

With my neck problems I'm likely going to be doing less Mt-Biking and more golfing. I'm considering getting some lessons and a club fitting. I'm playing with a $45 craiglist set of "Cougar" brand clubs now. At 6'2" tall, I'm right on the cusp of when you start looking at needing non-standard shaft lengths. Between never really having lessons, and having some cheap clubs I suspect there are more than a couple strokes to be found from those efforts (the lessons more than the equipment).

*EDIT*

Can you guys see this?!?!

Has a lot of info on the round.

I don't see where it's counting my penalties. Those were counted anytime I moved the ball more than a few inches, or lost the ball. I'm out there to have fun, so if I KNEW I had to hit through trees, or some other equally low chance of success I would pitch the ball a few feet to get around the obstacle. Again, more interested in having fun than being a rule follower :D :D

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sunset on warm Febuary day.

8B836751-5E73-48FE-828B-C7A709C2A4D0.jpeg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So….285 to drive a par 4 green and I get 284.8!?!?!? WTH??
015EEF79-A7AE-4944-B174-F304721BD324.jpeg
And I 3 put this for par…🤷🏼‍♂️😥😡

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Friday, one of my neighbors had his car fall through. 86 years old, he made it out alive, got a chance to talk to him about it. He said it all happened so quickly, and if his window wasn't down, he felt like he might have been trapped, maybe dead 😳

That thing on the right side of the open ice is a late 90's Chevy Trailblazer. He was able to get out and on top of the roof until someone came by and was able to rescue him

View attachment 194188View attachment 194188
My uncle lost his truck in the ice several years back on Lake Erie. Shockingly, the insurance company covered it as a total loss. They said because it had the Z71 off road package it was meant to be driven off road and that’s the only saving grace.
glad your neighbor is OK. Very scary!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So….285 to drive a par 4 green and I get 284.8!?!?!? WTH??
View attachment 194222
And I 3 put this for par…🤷🏼‍♂️😥😡
Dude.....I did that on vacation back in November. I needed like 250yrds to clear the water. I hit it like 248.9 or something. Didn't have to get my feet wet to retrieve it with my hand.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We're learning bachata here in Social Club Academia in Medellin (the class is in Spanish so I'm learning Spanish too). The instructors dance at the end so we can record it and not forget the steps. I don't think its hard, but my partner says that I need to improve lol About the place, it's an interesting location because it's below a highway. But great vibes, food, drinks, and after the classes are a lot of different music and people dancing.

IMG_0343.jpg

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That little lobe or decompression lobe usually stays up or out via spring tension until the engine starts and then centripetal force stows it. If the spring broke then it would not be deployed…. If the valve lash is excessive it will not work either.

If the lash is increasing that is caused by wear. That smacks of poor lubrication, might want to revisit which oil you are using, but valves getting loose is better than them getting tight which is what most motors do. Tight valves usually result in bad starting at first since they are not sealing all the way, and burn valves later on..

The slow cranking is most likely a weak battery…. Try pulling it out and charging it with a proper charger first, the onboard charger may not being bringing it up to full charge.

Just got to be sure the cylinder is on TDC on the compression stroke to assure that you set the valves correctly.

a follow up and hopefully not to revisit this issue again,

after adjusting the valves it still would not begin to crank, I let the battery charge for two days, just happened to try it as I was walking past and it cranked (not super fast) just enough to fire the engine,

after days of thinking of buying a replacement engine, tearing this one apart to see what was wrong, I stopped by a local shop and the mechanic said he sees about 10 of these engines a year and only 1 has a decompression spring problem, it's not as common as the internet makes it seem,

with that I bought a new DB electric hi-torque starter (the old one would crank what seemed like pretty fast with no spark plugs in)

20 minutes to install and it cranked over really fast and fired then engine right up!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I know there are a few heeler owners out here…
64EF9E90-087D-43AF-A216-A91F79EAD6D0.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Good Morning Tampa Bay!
Taken from my backyard this morning in Lithia.
25DE4ECE-86F4-490B-A96C-195615D44C66.jpeg