• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Solas Impeller & Tuned ECU

proplessdancer

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So I finally put together a couple places that claim will work together and achieve my goal of more HP and better performance on the hole shot. Glen @ Impros in CA has sent me an impeller meant for a tuned ECU and I sent my ECU to Brian @ RaceLabs in GA for a custom tune. I wont be able to get it out on the water for another month or so but has anyone else dealt with these guys before or have success in these types of mods? it seems like an untapped industry

Attachments

• impeller.jpg
    impeller.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 102
So I finally put together a couple places that claim will work together and achieve my goal of more HP and better performance on the hole shot. Glen @ Impros in CA has sent me an impeller meant for a tuned ECU and I sent my ECU to Brian @ RaceLabs in GA for a custom tune. I wont be able to get it out on the water for another month or so but has anyone else dealt with these guys before or have success in these types of mods? it seems like an untapped industry
Will be curious to see how those impellers perform!

Have you been able to establish a baseline of performance of the stock parts?

Nothing past knowing what my rpms were at certain speeds. My biggest gains should be on the hole shot which is mostly what I was after.

when cleaning weeds out of the jet pump they usually hang up on the leading edge . It would be nice to see if that impeller would help shred the weeds better.

ive ran thru 2 full tanks of fuel so far this year, not much i know but busy summer. i can definately notice a difference in the hole shot and feel the extra power. may have gained 1mph on the top end but i never cared about that, i just wanted to get going quicker. was on a lake this past week that was full of lake/seaweed and it was miserable. had to pull out of water twice and jump in the lake 3 times to unclog from underneath as the cleanout port would not open up. i also ended up putting on a lucky 13 cone and rigged up a K&N air filter. all in all i am very happy with the results and would do it again

Attachments

• IMG_2954.JPG
    IMG_2954.JPG
    571.4 KB · Views: 62
ive ran thru 2 full tanks of fuel so far this year, not much i know but busy summer. i can definately notice a difference in the hole shot and feel the extra power. may have gained 1mph on the top end but i never cared about that, i just wanted to get going quicker. was on a lake this past week that was full of lake/seaweed and it was miserable. had to pull out of water twice and jump in the lake 3 times to unclog from underneath as the cleanout port would not open up. i also ended up putting on a lucky 13 cone and rigged up a K&N air filter. all in all i am very happy with the results and would do it again

What year/model boat do you have? Do you have contact info for you upgrades?

Thanks

Back