• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sound System

Shelby Lowery

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yes! Pics Please! Where did you mount the amp?
I mounted it onto the white platform below the electronics. Just used smaller screw so I didn't go completely through it in case the gas tank was directly below.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I mounted it onto the white platform below the electronics. Just used smaller screw so I didn't go completely through it in case the gas tank was directly below.
How about the system? Did you stick with the stock Jensen or change it as well?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
here are some from my install this weekend.. Got a new Aux power line installed, new Kenwood Amp, and new Polk Speakers.. I also got my battery trays and Charger for my trolling motor installed. I ended up using 3M double side tape to secure the fuse box and amp where they are, worked great, I pulled and pulled and they aint going anywhere. didnt want to drill screws in anywhere.

Bill Smith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
8 6.5s, 2 10's and two marine 5 channels. It's loud. :)

fsh190.jpg fsh1901.jpg fsh1902.jpg fsh1903.jpg fsh1904.jpg

Shelby Lowery

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Guys I have tried and cannot get my pics to post. There's no real difference other than mine are the Wet Sounds. Massive difference between stock and these.

I've been running the 2 channel amp in 2Ohm load and every is going fine.

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Holy crap Bill Smith!!! Talk about Rock the Boat! 10 speakers, 2 amps, 2 woofers? Can you make fish float up from the sheer sonic boom underwater?

You might have the only sound system actually louder than the damn engine at WFO. Did you need a designated battery for those amps? Can the poor little stator on the 1.8 keep up with that much current draw on the water?

How much blue locktite did you need to keep every little fastener from vibrating loose? How long does bait stay alive in the well at full volume before getting traumatic brain damage?

Do you have a sound level meter ap on your smartphone? If so, I'd love to know how many dB you can push with that thing. Don't get a noise induced hearing loss. Trust me on that one...

Bill Smith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lol ! It doesn't kill fish or bait. I use the house battery and use an onboard charger for when the boat is stored. I think the stator can keep up as long as I don't run it super loud while underway. I can run both amps for 5-6 hours at the sandbar before I start to get low voltage alarms and at that point I shut it down. :) I did have to Loctite everything in the console but that stuff was backing out before the stereo. :(

Shelby Lowery

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Getting ready for the new season and want to install some speakers further back. Has anyone installed on the rear deck?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Guys I have tried and cannot get my pics to post.
Please let me know what the issue is? When you reply to a post here, there is a button in the lower right that says "Upload a file". Press that, navigate to the image you want to upload and upload it. Then you chose if you want it as a thumbnail or not. Done. Alternatively, if you are on a laptop, you can multi-select the images in your file manager and drag and drop them into the editing space for your post....even easier!!!

If your image is already online somewhere that everyone has permissions to access, the alternative is to copy the URL for the photo, then when posting a reply, you click on the button to the right of the SMILEY face in the tool bar above the text section (looks like a mountain range). This pops up a box that you can paste the URL for the photo into. You have to be careful with this approach to be sure that the location that is hosting the photo is set to "Public" or others won't be able to see it.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length