• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speedling in hospital.....

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling - it looks like little man wants his (piece of) cake and wants it NOW!!
haha
That's BabyB. He's a riot. Insanely cute but such a monster of a 3 year old. He's the kinda kid that just runs around the house humming star wars theme song. He's the first one to go outside weather clothed or not. He's the first one to jump on his bed, or my bed, and the one kid to sneak cookies at every opportunity. Even this morning, I couldn't get to the kitchen fast enough and he had a mouth full of cookies and two hands behind his back with more. HE's ?WORK man! As he is humming star wars again right behind me, lol

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's BabyB. He's a riot. Insanely cute but such a monster of a 3 year old. He's the kinda kid that just runs around the house humming star wars theme song. He's the first one to go outside weather clothed or not. He's the first one to jump on his bed, or my bed, and the one kid to sneak cookies at every opportunity. Even this morning, I couldn't get to the kitchen fast enough and he had a mouth full of cookies and two hands behind his back with more. HE's ?WORK man! As he is humming star wars again right behind me, lol
Chip off of the old block, ya know that? Hahaha.

--

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I always have lived my life with the thought tomorrow is guaranteed to no one. Get out there and enjoy life....which happens to include boating and all the jetboaters!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i just laughed at myself. I have a stroke and first thing i do is post it on jetboaters, LOL
@Julian , isn't there some special award @Speedling can get for posting a medical emergency to the board ASAP?

In all seriousness, I'm Glad things are getting better. Our family prays for yours every night.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol i don't know about that! I had a hard time BEFORE a stroke!
Would have been a good time to ask the doc "so Doc, you think I'll be able to Wake surf after this?"
Doc- "sure, I don't see why not"
Speedling- "good, because I couldn't before!"

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I mentioned elsewhere but will repeat here; working very hard at therapy. Lots of work on brain "stuff" as i continue to struggle with some of the focusing and coordination but i can do most things once i do focus. Just very taxing. Like every day is one of those days where your brain is fried except i am that way by like noon. Naps are a must but feel like a new man when i wake up.
Well, it's late and therapy starts at 8 so gnight and everyone kiss their loved ones!

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Speedling , speaking from recent personal experience don't fight the naps. Your body's fighting a whole bunch of stuff and it needs the recharge time. I know our situation's differnt but I tried doing it both ways between treatments and when I fought the sleep, the effects of meds lasted twice as long.
Best of luck with the Physio Terrorists - talk about a love/hate relationship!:banghead:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling , speaking from recent personal experience don't fight the naps. Your body's fighting a whole bunch of stuff and it needs the recharge time. I know our situation's differnt but I tried doing it both ways between treatments and when I fought the sleep, the effects of meds lasted twice as long.
Best of luck with the Physio Terrorists - talk about a love/hate relationship!:banghead:
That's actually exactly what I said to my PT after the first day, I was like, "we're gonna have a love hate relationship aren't we?"

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just 2 notes:
1. My insurance has paid over 106,000 to just the FIRST hospital! That TPa DRUG THAT WAS BASICALLY MY LIFE SAVING DRUG AND PROBABLY THE Reason I was able to keep my speech instead of having the slurred speech issue was almost 6 figures just for that and the IV!
That being said, my wife said the wecare page hit the amount but her friend that helped her put it together just bumped it NOT out of necessity but just because some people have expressed the desire to give yet! Please do not feel like I need it because with that amount we are writing the bills and hopefully we can clear this all out by the end of the month! I mean, my wife WAS joking about that new 242 @Bruce ! You guys have been absolutely amazing and it's great to just be able to focus on therapy and GETTING BETTER instead of worrying about making sure things are paid while I am not at work. If ANYONE that has donated would like a bit better breakdown of what money is used for, feel free to PM me, but it's all medical bills and cost of living while not working. Partially because insurance is being silly (that's the nice word for it) about getting paperwork done for disability after the first check they already sent me. And like I had stated, I would LOVE to go back to the original acute therapy center and help them out as I noticed the facility wasn't exactly decked out... The new place I am doing therapy is actually the same company, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago at Franciscan Health. It is seriously the therapists that have gotten me to be able to go home, walk, talk more correctly, work on focusing and concentration, be able to USE MY LEFT ARM and HAND, and so much more. I have basically supplied a few small things to the facility that I am going to now, such as a bucket (they put weights in it and I carry it around as occupational therapy for my fingers and arm. They were using a small bucket without a plastic handle. They gave me a couple finger excersiser tools and some silly putty stuff along with some snap beads for coordination all at the first place and I plan on donating that back. They didn't have funds to give me my quad cane so I just amazon 2 day shipped to my house before I got home but would LOVE to give it to them for a patient that needs it. STUFF like THAT would be so cool! They have wooden boxes for stepping, a wooden stairway to practice stairs with weak wooden handrails, etc. etc. so basically I want to ask these guys for a wish list once I know I have a handle on my own finances!
2. Today was AWESOME! I had my 3 therapy sessions starting at 8 am and then my wife brought me to our shop where I talked to my boss/uncle and we basically wanted to try out some work stuff. I pulled the work truck out of the shop which doesn't sound like much but I haven't driven since April 1st and it's a brand new work truck which I know cost a pretty penny. So I pull it out and my cousin and uncle tell me to hop on the tractor (Pettibone) and unload it! Putting me behind heavy machineary may not sound like the best idea so I was like, SERIOUSLY? They assured me if I didn't feel right or needed to stop just shut it down and no harm done. So I did like a really super thorough systems check of the machine and moved everything in and out etc and then unloaded the truck! 30 minutes and my brain was FRIED like YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE! But I did it! Not terribly smooth or fast, but I didn't put any holes in the truck! LOL I took a lunch break after that and then basically used the tractor to organize the yard and clean up the messes these guys made of my shop while I was gone. Not a paid day or anything but I bet I concentrated harder and had more therapy from that than what I had in the morning. Still no actual work but I kinda went through the motions, ya know? That machine used to be like second nature and I REALLY had to focus to do it but hey! I did it!. And now I'm rambling (which my speech therapist says I do now- one of my filters deleted and now relearning) and this is during typing. My wife actually just asked me what the name of my book is, lol.
Gnight everyone!Thank you so incredibly much for the support!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And now I'm rambling (which my speech therapist says I do now- one of my filters deleted and now relearning) and this is during typing. My wife actually just asked me what the name of my book is, lol.
Gnight everyone!Thank you so incredibly much for the support!
@Speedling So good to hear you ramble!!!
You are a Superman with that kind of post stroke rehab, UNBELIEVABLE!

--

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Speedling, I love reading your much improved posts!

Those of us that donated did so because we wanted to help with your healing. There is no need to provide accounting. We know that you and your family will use the funds well.

This is something I recently wrote to another JetBoater when discussing family health "I see life as being less about how long we live and more about how well we lived. We are fragile organisms. Lets enjoy what we can and leave a legacy of memories amongst friends and family that we love."

I have lost two friends at your age who left young families behind. I am so glad to still have you as I know your precious family is.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! What a report. Awesome to be able to be getting back to some things. Way to go. Only happens with hard work.

As to the money, as one who gave just a little bit, had I not completely trusted you and your family to do the right thing, I would have never given. I am completely confident you are doing the right thing. Because you are you and that is just the way it is. Even if you thought that new 242 was the right thing (and I know it was a joke), I would trust that 100%.

Keep getting better. Your brother- and sisterhood is here to support. Keep posting.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can't tell you how happy I am to come back here and see the progress made since I last checked in. Keep your head up, you'll be surfing in no time.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome news @Speedling !!!! Glad things are slowly on the mend! Take your time and do it right....let us know if you need any more $....with the "village" we have here, we are willing and able to help!

ENC boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One of my managers had a brain anyourisn back in November and is just now able to work 20 or so hours a week, but gets a little better every week. She also thinks be at work is better than therapy so go as often as you can even if it is only 1 or 2 horse at the time. Keep plugging along.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You're making great strides @Speedling. Keep going wot.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to read that your recovering so well @Speedling Thanks for keeping us up to date.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think part of my problem is I don't know how to throttle back!
Just listen to your wife and you will be fine, am I right? :cool:

--