• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tesla Truck? No thanks....

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm sure a lot of you have seen this, the towing capacity is pretty good, pricing seems to be in line with gas trucks trucks....0-60 speeds are about what you expect, but I just can't get over how futuristic these look:

Tesla Cybertruck electrifies the truck segment - Roadshow

Battery range is better than I would have thought too.....they are on the right track, but I am hoping for something that looks more truck like.....unless this is the planned production model.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop and to hear it's all a big joke...but it hasn't happened yet.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It literally looks like Elon found an old notebook from 1st grade where he doodled cars and trucks, found this sketch, and built it. #nailedit

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The Rivian doesn’t look to bad, be interesting to see where it lands

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it is ugly. But I think the technology is cooler than the truck is ugly and I would buy one if I had the money.

The funny thing to me is that all of their other vehicles are so incredibly sleek and sexy and this truck is a complete 180 from that approach of making cars.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
$39,000 for a brand new pick up truck with 1,000,000 mile life expectancy two years from now which means it’ll probably be three years from now that’s the biggest bargain of any pick up truck out there

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ugh. It looks like they took in $100 deposits from 200K people.

Elon: “Thanks for the $20 Million operating loan”.

Tyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm not really a truck guy. I owned a small Toyota 4X4 truck back in college, but since then I haven't really ever wanted another one for various reasons. So the Tesla truck release was more of a thing of amusement than anything else.

When I saw the truck I thought, "well, he kept his promises." He'd warned that it would be polarizing. And it sure is. I definitely wasn't in the fan club.

And then yesterday something odd happened. I looked over the specs, watched some of the videos, examined some of the photos, and after a little reflection found myself wanting one. I do want one. There are plenty of pedestrian truck options out there to choose from and no doubt GM and Ford will offer much of the same but with an electric power train. I have no interest in those. There will only be one truck like the Tesla. And value is outstanding. No way Rivian, Ford, or GM are going to come close to these specs at these prices. I have no idea how Tesla is going to manage to keep the costs so low, but if they can do it, count me in for a tri-motor, 500+ mile, 2.9 second 0-60 outrageous machine. I actually love that so many people hate it.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The capabilities and overall concept behind the truck has caught my attention. However they need to rethink the design. If they can come up with a better design at the same price point, I would personally be interested.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is all academic for me in that I’m not in the market for a new truck since the one I have does what I need it to and it’s already paid for.

I wonder what the towing range is as I doubt it will be anywhere’s close to the 250, 350 and 500 miles stated in the presentation for, respectively, the single, dual and three motor versions. I’m also curious about how they are getting double the range out of the three motor model when compared to the single motor model given the extra weight of the motors and the batteries to power them all. Maybe they are using lighter and/or higher capacity batteries in the two and three motor models. This would explain at least some of the $20k price difference from the two to three motor model.

My gut feeling is that Tesla’s release of the truck will be late as usual and the first few months only the most expensive version will be available. This is true of the Model 3 and why a the few people I know who bought early got the $60k model not the $35k model. When it comes to Tesla’s release dates, I will believe the trucks are available when I start seeing them on carriers leaving the plant.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hes got 200k preorders as of this morning.

I thought it was a joke at first..... but the more I looked at it, the more I thought. you know, about time someone made some bold automotive styling moves... cars are always the same year to year... nothing's really changed since turn of the century.

I want one but not enough to pre-order. The specifications and performance are serious business.

My kids watched it and were both blown away by it. Tells me Elon hit a demographic im not in lol

Rivian is more my style.

Tyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just being factual here. That $20 million interest free loan to keep the doors open would fund Tesla for less than 1/2 of one day.