• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
True, but remember the changes are driven by randomness...there is no gradual hone to target, more of random lottery drawn every time it copies and a copy comes out off/different, what does that copy do differently? If it has "better" properties it duplicates more frequently because of that advantage. There is no intelligent thought, "If I kill them less I will reproduce more, let's not go for lung lesions" kind of thing.

The virus is a "THING" just a little ticket with instructions that confuse our bodies into reproducing it. There is a lot of writing and research on whether a virus is dead or alive. My personal conclusion that makes sense of the world I perceive tells me it's dead. (Doesn't eat nor poop, no children or reproduction or growth)

Fascinating topic.
We probably can't just comprehend what they are.

Some of these are just straight up creepy looking.

Bacteriophages look like they are straight out of Stranger Things.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tabbibus Very interesting. When I was in the ER a few weeks ago for the finger accident, I was chatting with Nurse and she said they were seeing the same thing. Almost all of their cases of Covid coming in, which there were plenty in the waiting room and those that die from it are people who were not vaccinated. I found that interesting and compelling.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Unfortunately there is a lot of money to be made in cooking up stories that sounds plausible (have some kernels of truth) but are wildly wrong - but appeal to our biases and predispositions to believe them. Click bait to its core. We see if everywhere now. A photo an insanely steep looking bridge (taken from a SUPER long lens that distorts perspective) - with a caption - the most dangerous bridges in the US - total hogwash...but people click on it - and they make money every time they do. The problem is, there is no way to stop the disinformation. So the only way to counter it is to be informed, and critical, of anything and everything you read. Check their sources. Read the fact check sites. And do our best to try to understand the data.

Yes....over 5000 people have died after being vaccinated. From the CDC's perspective - there is no trend - and 5000 people were expected to die in that sample size.
I always wondered who these people are but as this crap went on, I became disheartened to learn that its most people. I had a friend tell me to go on ashley madison to find women because he gets a lot of message from hot women there. The website looked suspiciously bad so I did research and found that they take advantage of desperate men by creating fake accounts and a plethora of other things. My mother sends me obviously photoshopped things like fake rollercoasters and says that she would never go on it. I had a friend tell me that One America News is an unbiased news source. One guy posted an instagram story suggesting that the "gates vaccine" is an attempt at euthanasia in foreign countries. A girl asked me if she should invest $500 in this website with guaranteed returns (it was an obvious scam). I saw on the news the other day that a husband and wife sent all their life savings almost $100k in gift cards to a foreign country. On and on.. I hear crazy s**t every day and it made me unplug from a lot of people and places that i'm almost the only 1 left in my circle. I've been told that i'm highly intelligent and I don't agree, but i'm starting to think "intelligent to what? the bar is so damn low.." My theory is that people believe what they want to believe, and not what is factually true. And like you said, people are benefiting financially from this.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My theory is that people believe what they want to believe, and not what is factually true. And like you said, people are benefiting financially from this.
These disinformation "campaigns", tools, sites, emails (they vary in scale) are not dumb hacks (for the most part). They are sophisticated, tested and targeted at people with certain confirmation biases. These biases go all directions. Often there is a thread of truth to hook you, then they work on that thread with "facts" to swing you. If your bias is to agree with a particular premise, you are easier to sway. I've gotten to the point of researching pretty much anything that I read online. The mass media has gotten better at fact checking, but even they get caught by misinformation. For the most part....if it sounds outlandish, far fetched etc - it almost certainly is. But you are right - why are so many people numb to be able to spot when something is too crazy to be true?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I had a strange experience that is still haunting me, The first Pfizer vaccination was a couple months ago and no big deal with any side effects but when I had my second one on schedule I noticed some very odd things start to occur, the normal reported foggy lack of focus stuff then for no reason I started getting weird shooting pains in my left arm just sitting watching tv , the pains were under the arm muscle where I had both shots. But not in the same spot of the shots. Then I started having a lot of muscle pains in my upper leg muscles it appeared that they just locked up and were very tight like I was deliberately tightening them but I was not and even severe charlie horse cramping that would not go away in both legs and My neck became so stiff I could not turn it and it remained that way could not back up the car or even get it to stop hurting when trying to sleep. Next I started having serious sciatic nerve pain going down from my spine at my waist to my ankles and the pain was as close to having a kidney stone as I could have ever imagined, then the symptoms would worsen when sleeping and God forbid I try to use my legs to roll over it was like baronets being plunged in my upper hips and then down my legs and I could not walk I was basically incapacitated .
So had not gone to a doctor in 10 years to this point but I went gladly and was put on some steroids that did help for a couple of days and the neck pain subsided but the rest of the pain in the hips and legs is still there and I just wonder if anyone else had extreme experiences like this . Ok 69 years old but very active and no one ever guesses I am over 55 Never drink alcohol, quit cigarettes' in 2008 Never take any drugs unless prescribed by a doctor and refuse to take any prescription pain killers even after surgeries . So I am just wondering if these symptoms are happening to others after their vaccinations. Because This is so odd I never would have imagined it . And if so how did you get them to go away ?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They did not happen after my J&J shot, but I had some muscle pain during my COVID ailment (weird muscle pain, but it went away within a week or 2). Perhaps it's your inflammatory response as you built immunity? (If it's related to the vaccine at all) If so, It reinforces my thought that you did a very good thing by getting vaccinated, real thing symptoms could have been even worse?

Hard to say, I'm speculating of course.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had a strange experience that is still haunting me, The first Pfizer vaccination was a couple months ago and no big deal with any side effects but when I had my second one on schedule I noticed some very odd things start to occur, the normal reported foggy lack of focus stuff then for no reason I started getting weird shooting pains in my left arm just sitting watching tv , the pains were under the arm muscle where I had both shots. But not in the same spot of the shots. Then I started having a lot of muscle pains in my upper leg muscles it appeared that they just locked up and were very tight like I was deliberately tightening them but I was not and even severe charlie horse cramping that would not go away in both legs and My neck became so stiff I could not turn it and it remained that way could not back up the car or even get it to stop hurting when trying to sleep. Next I started having serious sciatic nerve pain going down from my spine at my waist to my ankles and the pain was as close to having a kidney stone as I could have ever imagined, then the symptoms would worsen when sleeping and God forbid I try to use my legs to roll over it was like baronets being plunged in my upper hips and then down my legs and I could not walk I was basically incapacitated .
So had not gone to a doctor in 10 years to this point but I went gladly and was put on some steroids that did help for a couple of days and the neck pain subsided but the rest of the pain in the hips and legs is still there and I just wonder if anyone else had extreme experiences like this . Ok 69 years old but very active and no one ever guesses I am over 55 Never drink alcohol, quit cigarettes' in 2008 Never take any drugs unless prescribed by a doctor and refuse to take any prescription pain killers even after surgeries . So I am just wondering if these symptoms are happening to others after their vaccinations. Because This is so odd I never would have imagined it . And if so how did you get them to go away ?
Not usual side effects regarding the sciatica issues. Muscle pains can happen for sure. The shooting pains on injection arm may be related to an injection that may have irritated a nerve. Thank you for vaccinating. Hopefully all will to back to normal soon.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Guys!

830B130E-8332-4932-8C25-6F358BF75E56.png

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
THIS is great news! Although we won't know if others (not wearing a mask) are vaccinated or not. But I did hear that ~99% of COVID patients in hospitals now have not been vaccinated.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Love what the Ohio governor is doing! Giving away five one million dollar prizes to those who get vaccinated! Creative way to encourage getting vaccinated!

Also giving teens 4 year scholarship to Ohio state school

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I gotta find my safe space I feel a lot of vaccine bias coming on!🤪

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I gotta find my safe space I feel a lot of vaccine bias coming on!🤪
Do you think vaccines don't work? Is it just this vaccine that’s been in the works since 2003 that you don't trust?

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Joe Biden telling me what to do has reinforced my stance of not getting the vaccine.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
On the CDC's new guidance on removing masks for vaccinated persons:

When I tried to return to the USA they required covid testing including fully vaccinated people. The other option was to get proof of recovering from covid within 90 days. This was a major red flag for me because this implies that the government doesn't have faith in the vaccine. This policy is still in effect. Furthermore, the CDC released that statement a few weeks ago that fully vaccinated people need to continue to wear a mask. Everyone in position of power was telling the general public they need to take the vaccine, but it doesn't award anything that suggests protection from the virus. A lot of people I know trust vaccines and are hesitant because the government hasn't put any faith in the vaccine through ending lockdowns and restrictions. "Trust the science" but we still need to hide in our houses while fully vaccinated. This new development is a step in the right direction and it's a major relief. But I can't help but think this is very political because the timing coincides with the decrease of vaccine demand. This government over reach is appalling and violates the freedoms that this country was founded on. There was times in this pandemic that politics were edging closer to south american style politics of enforcing laws that force people to their homes through fines and jail. And it should be needless to say (it isn't in modern day america), there's not 1 country south of the USA that I would like to emulate.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I believe this book is still being written on this virus; how it works, how it affects people, vaccine development, testing, analyzing data, waiting on results, getting emergency approval, getting vaccine into arms, analyzing more data, etc., etc. If the government/CDC is erring on the side of caution and as a result inconveniencing people, so be it. IMHO, We live in the best country on this planet that allows more freedoms than anywhere else. IMO, Everybody should put all this into perspective and look at it as a whole without blinders. I am glad to be alive so I can enjoy the "rights" man/America has given us. Amen...

Status
Not open for further replies.