• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Why does #1 carry more weight than #2.

I read this as EITHER 1 OR 2.

Why do you read that differently than I do? What in those requirements is leading to the implication that recovering is any larger of an asset than a negative test.

If they just said "a negatvie covid test", then everyone that is vaccinated would say "why do I have to get a test"......And the answer is the same reason that people who wear condoms sometimes impregnate women. It's really rare, but it happens.
@I_squared_r
It isn't that one has more weight than the other. That is not the point at all. The reason you have to prove you recovered from covid in the last 90 days is solely because some people HAVE, and as a result, they test positive for Covid. So they wouldn't be able to get in....because they recently recovered.

I expect the US will accept a vaccine passport rather than negative covid test. Fortunately this is only for air travel!

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@I_squared_r
It isn't that one has more weight than the other. That is not the point at all. The reason you have to prove you recovered from covid in the last 90 days is solely because some people HAVE, and as a result, they test positive for Covid. So they wouldn't be able to get in....because they recently recovered.

I expect the US will accept a vaccine passport rather than negative covid test. Fortunately this is only for air travel!
I would like to see evidence of this. I have a friend that works in a doctor's office and she had covid with little symptoms. She recovered and couldn't get a negative test result for 3 weeks, thus losing 3 weeks of pay. I think there was other complications though, like extreme wait for results and the lab losing her sample. It seems common because I also had a lab lose a sample and I had to reschedule a flight. I can't tell you how many times I had to get swabbed just to prove that i'm not sick.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would like to see evidence of this. I have a friend that works in a doctor's office and she had covid with little symptoms. She recovered and couldn't get a negative test result for 3 weeks, thus losing 3 weeks of pay. I think there was other complications though, like extreme wait for results and the lab losing her sample. It seems common because I also had a lab lose a sample and I had to reschedule a flight. I can't tell you how many times I had to get swabbed just to prove that i'm not sick.
That just sounds like shitty policy by the employer. All your friend needed was 2 weeks time and resolution of symptoms. Unless this was early on the pandemic when we didn't now jack about the virus. And yeah. All labs are not created equal. A ton of fly by night labs popped up during this time ofering tests.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Your statement supports my point. When you've recovered from covid the tests take a while for some people to come back negative. So since they are testing positive they can't get back into the country UNLESS they get a note from a doctor stating that they just recovered and are free to end isolation. Which is why the rule exists.

From the CDC website:
If you are traveling with documentation of recovery, you must present paper or electronic copies of your positive test result (dated no more than 90 days ago) and a signed letter, on official letterhead that contains the name, address, and phone number of a licensed healthcare provider or public health official, stating that you have been cleared to end isolation and therefore can travel. A letter that states that you have been cleared to end isolation to return to work or school is also acceptable. The letter does not have to specifically mention travel.​

Last edited:

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Your statement supports my point. When you've recovered from covid the tests take a while for some people to come back negative. So since they are testing positive they can't get back into the country UNLESS they get a note from a doctor stating that they just recovered and are free to end isolation. Which is why the rule exists.

From the CDC website:
If you are traveling with documentation of recovery, you must present paper or electronic copies of your positive test result (dated no more than 90 days ago) and a signed letter, on official letterhead that contains the name, address, and phone number of a licensed healthcare provider or public health official, stating that you have been cleared to end isolation and therefore can travel. A letter that states that you have been cleared to end isolation to return to work or school is also acceptable. The letter does not have to specifically mention travel.​
This makes sense, but it wasn't clear when I googled and found the us government's website with travel information. But it seems it doesn't really matter.. I know a lot of people are taking their previous tests and changing the dates. They're checking, but no one is really inspecting the documents.

That just sounds like shitty policy by the employer. All your friend needed was 2 weeks time and resolution of symptoms. Unless this was early on the pandemic when we didn't now jack about the virus. And yeah. All labs are not created equal. A ton of fly by night labs popped up during this time ofering tests.
It was early 2021 when everyone was getting tested and the labs couldn't keep up with the demand. Like I said above, many people had to fake tests so they could travel. I think the reasoning was that the doctor at the office is an older woman and is worried about spreading covid to herself and other high-risk patients. Thus the abundance of caution. I don't know how it was in other states, but a lot of people here in NY lost hours at work because of exposure, testing, and proving that they're not sick. I think most people experienced this to some degree.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Interesting I spent all of Friday afternoon trying to get seen by a doctor without an appointment for my crippling sciatica. I mean I was in so much pain I could not even walk had to go in with canes to even move forward.
after 4 hours they finally did get to me the doctor told me that she was not surprised that I was having the muscle cramps and nerve pain after the shots as she has seen all sorts of strange muscle issues. There were a ton of people there trying to get Covid tested so they could travel it was a mad house there. One huge shot of steroids and now I can walk again so weird . I doubt I will ever get any more Covid shots if they say they are necessary This has been horrid.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Interesting I spent all of Friday afternoon trying to get seen by a doctor without an appointment for my crippling sciatica. I mean I was in so much pain I could not even walk had to go in with canes to even move forward.
after 4 hours they finally did get to me the doctor told me that she was not surprised that I was having the muscle cramps and nerve pain after the shots as she has seen all sorts of strange muscle issues. There were a ton of people there trying to get Covid tested so they could travel it was a mad house there. One huge shot of steroids and now I can walk again so weird . I doubt I will ever get any more Covid shots if they say they are necessary This has been horrid.
Whats the cause of your sciatica? Bulging disc? I have the same issue and I am about to schedule surgery. Spinal injections barely touched it. I am sure I will get Covid tested for that, I think, maybe, hell I dint know. Lol

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I believe it was due to severe muscle issues, I still need to get a cat scan this week. I had a severe lockup of my back and leg muscles for no apparent reason. The shot worked for me so far but who knows I an still taking steroids twice a day. I am a very active person so this is devastating to me I have not even been able to get on the water since having that second covid vaccination. Just my reaction to it caused muscles to lock up the back of my legs were like I was lifting weights all day and could not release or relax, it was weird.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe it was due to severe muscle issues, I still need to get a cat scan this week. I had a severe lockup of my back and leg muscles for no apparent reason. The shot worked for me so far but who knows I an still taking steroids twice a day. I am a very active person so this is devastating to me I have not even been able to get on the water since having that second covid vaccination. Just my reaction to it caused muscles to lock up the back of my legs were like I was lifting weights all day and could not release or relax, it was weird.
Same here, but not due to reactions from the vaccine. All severe bulging disc related.

I hope you get back on your feet soon.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC Maybe some doctors can chime in. Are you drinking enough water every day? That does not include salt and brackish.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Doc here. But zero knowledge about sciatica nerve pain management. CT scan sounds reasonable first step to figure out if there are any underlying causes.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Doc here. But zero knowledge about sciatica nerve pain management. CT scan sounds reasonable first step to figure out if there are any underlying causes.
I tried xrays first, which showed nothing. Ended up with MRI..

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I tried xrays first, which showed nothing. Ended up with MRI..
With the disclaimer that bones and joints are not my specialty. An x-ray usually doesn’t show squat. A CT can show grossly abnormal issueas. And then an MRI will give you more details at the joint and spine level.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have to get that this week

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They did x-rays and said it looked like arthritis in 2 discs but That is not really what it is Those discs were damaged when I was a small child , people recently visiting this planet have no clue what it was like in the 50's and 60's people did not intervene with child abuse they minded their own business even Florida had what was called the rule of thumb.
It was legal to beat your children, wife and servants as long as you did not hit them with a stick larger in diameter than your thumb.
Even though in New England My parents lived by using a broom stick and my back was damaged from many beatings with a broom stick or being kicked down a few flights of stairs probably why I don't drink and why I have no fear, And I don't let foolish people mess with me . I put up with that until I was 17 and left to go out on my own in the world . When I was in my early 30's I was rear-ended on a full dress Harley waiting at an intersection for a red light No idea what hit me , that messed up my left hip and when they did x-rays they also noticed the damage to my spine and told me I would be crippled by the time I was 50 passed that by 19 years then a few years later I was trying to get a drunk out of a big flower box that was about 3 feet above the parking lot at a Winn Dixie at the same intersection where I was hit by the van just on the other side of the road and the drunk who was being devoured by red ants woke up fighting and we both fell out of the flower box only he landed on my bad hip and messed it up again. So I am accustom to dealing with pain and all that but this made me take a reality check I could not endure the rest of my life being tortured like that it is as bad as anything I could imagine right up there with kidney stones and I have had a few of those. So I will just play out this hand and see what they have to say about the cat scan.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They did x-rays and said it looked like arthritis in 2 discs but That is not really what it is Those discs were damaged when I was a small child , people recently visiting this planet have no clue what it was like in the 50's and 60's people did not intervene with child abuse they minded their own business even Florida had what was called the rule of thumb.
It was legal to beat your children, wife and servants as long as you did not hit them with a stick larger in diameter than your thumb.
Even though in New England My parents lived by using a broom stick and my back was damaged from many beatings with a broom stick or being kicked down a few flights of stairs probably why I don't drink and why I have no fear, And I don't let foolish people mess with me . I put up with that until I was 17 and left to go out on my own in the world . When I was in my early 30's I was rear-ended on a full dress Harley waiting at an intersection for a red light No idea what hit me , that messed up my left hip and when they did x-rays they also noticed the damage to my spine and told me I would be crippled by the time I was 50 passed that by 19 years then a few years later I was trying to get a drunk out of a big flower box that was about 3 feet above the parking lot at a Winn Dixie at the same intersection where I was hit by the van just on the other side of the road and the drunk who was being devoured by red ants woke up fighting and we both fell out of the flower box only he landed on my bad hip and messed it up again. So I am accustom to dealing with pain and all that but this made me take a reality check I could not endure the rest of my life being tortured like that it is as bad as anything I could imagine right up there with kidney stones and I have had a few of those. So I will just play out this hand and see what they have to say about the cat scan.
Reading this is like reading my life story.. kidney stones, I have had over 40. Bulging disc. Degenerating discs. Motorcyle crashes when I was 18 (initial cause of bulging disc). On my own at 17. Dont drink because of father.. Fights, ass whoopins..

Get that MRI. Then if the doctor recommends surgery, do it. I thought injections would work.. I was wrong. Spent the past few weeks crying and thinking I was dying. Calling tomorrow to schedule surgery.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That sounds rough Jeff. If anything I would say that all that history predisposed you to what you are feeling with know. Prior injuries and significant wear and tear will lead to chronic issues once older. I wish you the best.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The last time I went to a doctor was for cancer 10 years ago and after the surgery I stayed away until this , so just another chapter in life.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Yambers Well I seriously hope you are taken care of if the surgery is needed and you come out being a whole person I know I had a rude awakening as to what life is like when you can not function without agonizing pain, It made me wondered how different the world would be if mankind spent the money, time and energy on easing the pain and suffering of others rather than conjuring up better ways to create it and cast it upon others so willingly .

Status
Not open for further replies.