• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My wife went to her yearly gyno exam today. She was advised by her ob-gyn to not get the vaccine if she plans to have kids, further strengthening our reasoning for not getting it.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My wife is getting over Covid (not vaccinated). I obviously was around her quite a bit for many days before she found out she has Covid. I was vaccinated and have tested negative (PCR test). Not sure it the vaccine worked or I got lucky.
A bunch of us tested positive (large group of friends), we had two people that lived with others that tested positive, and hung out with us for COVID-Giving. They tested multiple times and were always negative. I think either A. Increased alcohol consumption kills the virus (they drink the most of the group) or B. Some people are 100% immune.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My wife went to her yearly gyno exam today. She was advised by her ob-gyn to not get the vaccine if she plans to have kids, further strengthening our reasoning for not getting it.
ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists - the top OBGYN org in the country) recommends all women be vaccinated (pregnant, lactating, trying to get pregnant etc).

And here is a good article from Henry Ford Hospital on where the infertility MYTH came from:

and another from Johns Hopkins:

And Penn State:

and Baptist Health:

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Covid- giving? Is that a thing? It’s one thing to choose not to have vaccine. I would have assumed the non vaccinated adjust social behaviors accordingly.
We all had COVID the weeks of thanksgiving. We cancelled with our families and everyone with COVID came over to be together.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists - the top OBGYN org in the country) recommends all women be vaccinated (pregnant, lactating, trying to get pregnant etc).

And here is a good article from Henry Ford Hospital on where the infertility MYTH came from:

And Penn State:

and Baptist Health:
We put our trust in first hand experience, not blanket statements from institutions. There is not enough data to support the claims in either direction. The Dr. said she has seen first hand examples.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We all had COVID the weeks of thanksgiving. We cancelled with our families and everyone with COVID came over to be together.
I wasn’t sure if was to donate plasma or to congregate. Makes sense now. At least being sick and having it you made the most of your holiday with others that had it too.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I wasn’t sure if was to donate plasma or to congregate. Makes sense now. At least being sick and having it you made the most of your holiday with others that had it too.
We already had the food too, so my already COVID-20 would have been a COVID-40 lol (lbs gained)

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We put our trust in first hand experience, not blanket statements from institutions. There is not enough data to support the claims in either direction. The Dr. said she has seen first hand examples.
I wish acute care settings could openly show what’s going on publicly. With patient privacy laws that won’t happen. That would give many additional perspective.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@adrianp89, would you mind sharing the name and organization of this doctor?
I don't mind PMing it to you. I don't need a bunch of pro-vaccine nazis attacking the lady and bashing her business. Not saying anyone here would do that, but it's not out of the question.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You need to do what makes you comfortable.

I would not take an individual ob's guidance only. Every major medical institution in the country has made statements about this Myth of infertility. I would love to hear how this OB could ever prove the absence of fertility is the fault of a vaccine. As someone who went through lengthy fertility treatments, I cannot imagine how this doc could ever prove this. It would require a massive study....like vaccinating millions of people and seeing if pregnancy rates decline (no evidence it has).

"She has seen first hand examples" - first hand examples of the absence of pregnancy? And then traced that infertility to being vaccinated? Sorry....but doesn't hold water.

So I'd be DRILLING this doc with questions about how he/she came to this conclusion. It would worry the heck out of me about their competence if they can't explain coherently why they came to this conclusion. And I'd consider reporting this to The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (every OBGYN must be certified by them) if you aren't satisfied with the answers.

OBs are far more concerned about pregnant women developing Covid and the complications this poses during pregnancy.

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How has the Dr seen first hand examples? Genuinely curious since the vaccine has only been available to everybody for like 5-6 months.

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like it's time to look for a new OB/GYN. I'm not saying that to be mean, but there is absolutely ZERO evidence that the vaccine can effect fertility. There isn't even a plausible mechanism for how that could happen.

The COVID-19 Vaccine and Pregnancy: What You Need to Know

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How has the Dr seen first hand examples? Genuinely curious since the vaccine has only been available to everybody for like 5-6 months.
Wasn't there - I don't know. @swatski When my wife gets home I will ask her what exactly was discussed. However your point works in both ways. There are no studies proving or dis-proving, as it's been too soon and no real studies been done. Like you said it would take years to realize a trend. We will play it safe.

This works for proving it doesn't affect pregnancies as well:

Genuinely curious since the vaccine has only been available to everybody for like 5-6 months.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This video is worth watching for perspective on why to get vaccinated. This is from Louisiana but will play out in all areas with significant unvaccinated populations.

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

And Penn State:

and Baptist Health:
Great point here from that Penn State link:

She adds that other human coronaviruses — or common cold viruses — also have spike proteins and do not cause infertility, and likewise, millions of people have gotten COVID-19 and their fertility has not been affected by their antibody responses.

“If there was a problematic antibody response from the vaccine, you would expect to see the same thing after natural infection, and we haven’t seen that,” says Paules. “So, again, there have been no concerns related to fertility for these vaccines for either men or women.”

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have two currently pregnant friends. All involved parties were previously vaccinated.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Baby making is so complicated. I would echo the suggestions above. Thoroughly interrogate the doc about why she has that stance. In detail. Ask why she does not agree with her own organization's stances. I have not seen any data that suggests infertility, but I'm not an OB/GYN. Be safe, be smart.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oh, and a positive aspect is, baby of vaxxed mom will come preloaded with antibodies, and will continue to get some more if breastfed.

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Oh, and a positive aspect is, baby of vaxxed mom will come preloaded with antibodies, and will continue to get some more if breastfed.
Yup. This is why my wife just got the pfizer vax at the start of her 3rd trimester. Definitely going to help with our peace of mind with all the people around when the baby comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.