• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think we should have a separate board on this forum for the following - feel free to add to it:
  • Vaxxer’s vs anti-vaxxer’s
  • Yamaha vs Scarab
  • Dems vs Reps
  • Thrust Vectors vs Cobra Jet
  • Towing a tube from a tower vs not towing a tube from a tower
  • Cats vs Dogs
The prerequisite for said board is any thread that would push normally jovial members to start calling each other stupid or make other personal attacks. The board should have a giant warning label on it alerting the 95% of those that come here to talk about actual jet boat related subjects to avoid it like the plague.

Yeah, I know that this is the “Off Topic“ board but threads that go sideways should have their own special board.

And, for the record, I’m going to get vaccinated as soon as I can but thats my choice. I‘m not going to call those that have a different opinion than I do crack pots or that they’re just plain stoopid.

I’ll add an ambiguous smiley face here at the end. :)
You forgot winterize or not winterize / fog don’t fog the engines

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am loving it. My neighbor just sold his home, the exact same model as mine, for twice what I paid for mine in 2018. His was a little nicer on the inside, I have a much nicer pool. I hope the market continues on this pace, although I am aware that it won't. God help the people that buy at the peak.
Its nice if you want to move to the middle of nowhere. We plan on selling in 4-5 years, at this rate for us to upgrade then we would be looking at close a million dollar home...... that was 500k 2 years ago.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been stalking this thread for a while and feel now's the time to stick my neck out.

I'm reading some positive comments regarding getting vaccinated from some knowledgable, and respected fellow jetboaters, which is why I'm commenting now.
I'm in the UK and haven't taken up the offer of a vaccine, (I'm 56) and I'm constantly flip flopping to whether I should. My issues started when the UK government gave Pfizer a free pass from any law suits from injury or death from the vaccine.
I'm healthy with no known under lying health issues.
I'm positive I contracted the virus last March, recovered with no long term conditions.
I don't like to be coerced.
But the main reason is, my private medical insurance has issued a statement that if I get ill from the vaccine, I won't be covered, under their clause of me taking "an experimental medicine"

I'm no anti-vaxer but I do have issues with unnecessary chemicals put into me, I've read about how small pox, Polio, TB and like have all been successes due to vaccines but I have first hand experience with issues connected to them. My son aged 1 had his MMR vaccine and was seriously ill, hospitalised and has life changing, life long issues now, aged 30.
I appreciate the seriousness with this new virus variant, and like previously mentioned, there are far more professionals speaking about how bad it is, with far less being sceptical but when I see more and more government clarified information coming out, I do get sceptical.
For instance, total deaths in the UK from 1970, 2020 only comes in at 35, more people died in 34 other years than last year.
In the US you have VAERS (vaccine adverse event reporting system), recognised by the CDC, and they state since Dec 2020 more people have died from the vaccine than in the previous 15 years from any and all other vaccines.

The thing is, I live my life very healthy, no illness since I had shingles aged 14, I'm just not comfortable having this vaccine. I'm being asked, what if you need it to travel, well thats just like tying me down and giving it me, because it's against my will.

Still, I have time to change my mind, the UK government only today announced they are extending the ban on overseas travel till June now, and the US, well your boarder is still closed to us too, with no idea when it may open up, my poor boat :arghh:

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've been stalking this thread for a while and feel now's the time to stick my neck out.

I'm reading some positive comments regarding getting vaccinated from some knowledgable, and respected fellow jetboaters, which is why I'm commenting now.
I'm in the UK and haven't taken up the offer of a vaccine, (I'm 56) and I'm constantly flip flopping to whether I should. My issues started when the UK government gave Pfizer a free pass from any law suits from injury or death from the vaccine.
I'm healthy with no known under lying health issues.
I'm positive I contracted the virus last March, recovered with no long term conditions.
I don't like to be coerced.
But the main reason is, my private medical insurance has issued a statement that if I get ill from the vaccine, I won't be covered, under their clause of me taking "an experimental medicine"

I'm no anti-vaxer but I do have issues with unnecessary chemicals put into me, I've read about how small pox, Polio, TB and like have all been successes due to vaccines but I have first hand experience with issues connected to them. My son aged 1 had his MMR vaccine and was seriously ill, hospitalised and has life changing, life long issues now, aged 30.
I appreciate the seriousness with this new virus variant, and like previously mentioned, there are far more professionals speaking about how bad it is, with far less being sceptical but when I see more and more government clarified information coming out, I do get sceptical.
For instance, total deaths in the UK from 1970, 2020 only comes in at 35, more people died in 34 other years than last year.
In the US you have VAERS (vaccine adverse event reporting system), recognised by the CDC, and they state since Dec 2020 more people have died from the vaccine than in the previous 15 years from any and all other vaccines.

The thing is, I live my life very healthy, no illness since I had shingles aged 14, I'm just not comfortable having this vaccine. I'm being asked, what if you need it to travel, well thats just like tying me down and giving it me, because it's against my will.

Still, I have time to change my mind, the UK government only today announced they are extending the ban on overseas travel till June now, and the US, well your boarder is still closed to us too, with no idea when it may open up, my poor boat :arghh:
Would love to see your data source for all these vaccine caused deaths…to my knowledge, there may have been one related to the JandJ vaccine. That’s it.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Britboater unless you are a vegan and grow all your own vegetables or you are hunting all your own meat and processing yourself, you my friend are putting more chemicals in your body than you could possibly know. It’s the age we live in. Like it or not. Over 100 million people are now vaccinated in the US. Period.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Another employee in India has died (first one was 27 and getting married inJune), the 2nd is 32 and is married with a 4 year old daughter. Neither had known underlying conditions.

This TINY anecdotal sample is a little scary. We know very little about india's 617 variant ....perhaps it is more deadly, and to those without underlying conditions? This tiny sample from my own experience has me very glad I am vaccinated, and I'd encourage you if you arent...to get it ASAP. This variant is already in the US.

Some info on the 617 variant:

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I commented earlier but have still continued to read and try formulate a better educated opinion on this. In doing so I went to the CDC website and reviewed the ingredients for each vaccine. This is what puzzles me. Every vaccine has an emergency use only.....if you read further, it will state "this is an unapproved vaccine". All three have these words listed.

At this point I have still not gotten the vaccine. I am like many, looking for honest information. Right now I am just not ready to get stuck with something that indicates that it is an unapproved vaccine.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At this point I have still not gotten the vaccine. I am like many, looking for honest information. Right now I am just not ready to get stuck with something that indicates that it is an unapproved vaccine.
Honest curiosity, not trying to be a dick here. Bullet points for clarity of reading and hopefully ease of response.

• What does the word "approved" mean to you?
  • Is it the indication of more rigorous testing? If so, how do you know the existing testing isn't enough?
  • Is it review of test/trial data by a different group of experts? If so, what makes the current group of experts any less or more qualified than the new group?
What new information does that "approved" label give you to ease your concerns?

Again, not to be a dick, but the thought in my head is "I can slap a warranty label on something, but that doesn't make it a good product" (yes from Tommy Boy). The points stands, however, that adding the label of "Approved" has some level of implied additional trust in the system, and yet I think the majority of us have no idea what has functionally happened between "emergency approval" and "final approval". I am genuinely curious what additional information the "Approved" label has for so many people.

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I commented earlier but have still continued to read and try formulate a better educated opinion on this. In doing so I went to the CDC website and reviewed the ingredients for each vaccine. This is what puzzles me. Every vaccine has an emergency use only.....if you read further, it will state "this is an unapproved vaccine". All three have these words listed.

Pfizer will be applying for full authorization and "approval" any day now and Moderna will likely follow soon after that. The reason they can't do that right off the bat is they need more data over a longer period of time. They now have that data and it supports the initial findings from the previous studies, namely, that the vaccines are safe and offer robust protection against infection and serious illness.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is a good article that discusses the full approval process or BLA (Biologics License Application). It has a well defined and stringent process that covers lots of areas. They aren't going to just say "well we'll let you skip the marketing section" without some serious reviews and over rides (if at all). But with over 100 million people fully vaccinated we have metric butt tons of data that shows the safety and efficacy of the vaccine. Last I checked it was 7700 break through cases of the disease.....amazing.

I think of it this way. We have 3 news cars that companies are building. The highway transportation safety board hasn't "approved" them for sale, but they have allowed the cars to be given away to 100 million people. These cars have been involved in lots of crashes since being given away (but actually far fewer crashes per mile than other cars by far-IE they are safer to drive) , and no one has been injured or died in the crashes that have happened (data shows this). But they still haven't finished their complete safety submission and aren't "approved" to sell the cars. Would you drive one of these cars, or wait for the NTSB to approve them for sale? I'm driving mine!

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some more flat earth stuff:
Included in the article:
Between Dec. 14 and April 23, there were 3,544 deaths reported to the CDC’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System [VAERS], along with 12,619 serious injuries.

One might expect these numbers would trigger an exhaustive investigation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. But the opposite has occurred. According to McCullough, the government has taken what amounts to a passing glance at the alarming numbers and dismissed them with a bare minimum of scrutiny.

“A typical new drug at about five deaths, unexplained deaths, we get a black-box warning, your listeners would see it on TV, saying it may cause death,” McCullough said. “And then at about 50 deaths it’s pulled off the market.”

The U.S. has a precedent for this. In 1976 during the Swine Flu pandemic the U.S. attempted to vaccinate 55 million Americans, but at that point the shot caused about 500 cases of paralysis and 25 deaths.

“The program was killed, at 25 deaths,” McCullough said.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is it safe to assume that those who have not been vaccinated because the vaccines are not yet approved will get vaccinated when the vaccines are approved? Or at this point is not being approved just another excuse not to get vaccinated? I wonder what percentage of CDC employees have been vaccinated? If it’s a high number like 67% or more would that change any minds?

Maybe I’m oversimplifying this but when my car acts up I take it to a mechanic, so when I have a medical issue I consult a doctor. If I get varying opinions I go with the majority opinion. Unless the majority of the main stream media are reporting inaccurately the majority of healthcare workers are getting vaccinated. If it’s safe and effective enough for my doctor and his or her family it’s safe and effective enough for me and my family.

Side note: my son is a freshman in college this year. He stayed at home since all California state university campuses closed for the most part where in person instruction was concerned due to the pandemic. He will be able to move into the dorms next year if two conditions are met. 1. He has to be lucky enough to get an open spot, the university has not stated whether or not it will fill every room or limit capacity. 2. He needs to be vaccinated against Covid. There are already other vaccination requirements and they have been in place for decades, this is just one more. When my son got vaccinated he was laid up sick for 2.5 days. I just asked him if he would do it again and / or every year. His response, “Hell yes, if it means I can move out and stay out of here.” I don‘t blame him I felt the same way at his age But appreciate that he decided to get vaccinated before the university made it a requirement, he did a lot more research than I did on it.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Included in the article:
Between Dec. 14 and April 23, there were 3,544 deaths reported to the CDC’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System [VAERS], along with 12,619 serious injuries.

One might expect these numbers would trigger an exhaustive investigation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. But the opposite has occurred. According to McCullough, the government has taken what amounts to a passing glance at the alarming numbers and dismissed them with a bare minimum of scrutiny.

“A typical new drug at about five deaths, unexplained deaths, we get a black-box warning, your listeners would see it on TV, saying it may cause death,” McCullough said. “And then at about 50 deaths it’s pulled off the market.”

The U.S. has a precedent for this. In 1976 during the Swine Flu pandemic the U.S. attempted to vaccinate 55 million Americans, but at that point the shot caused about 500 cases of paralysis and 25 deaths.

“The program was killed, at 25 deaths,” McCullough said.
Any article that has this at the top:

He says the government’s strategy, carried out in cooperation with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the United Nations World Health Organization, has resulted in tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths and is now being followed up with thousands more deaths caused by a mass-injection program.​
is clearly to me simply blowing the dog whistle so the conspiracy theorists read it. The Gates foundation has nothing to do with the current vaccines on the market - other than they may be buying them to give away to poor countries. How terrible of them to be so philanthropic!

As for the alarming claim that the vaccines caused 3544 deaths....not true. What is true is that a number of people have died after being vaccinated. This is as expected. People die all the time. To date, the CDC has no information that shows any trend or direct causation to the vaccine itself. If they were concerned they would, for example, pull the drug off the market to study the data more closely - just like they DID with the J&J vaccine - when they saw a blood clotting issue in a SMALL number of people. It fits nicely into my car analogy above. People will STILL have car accidents in the new cars - but the cars are still safer.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok dated back to Feb . 900 + deaths
I'm unclear of what point you are trying to make. Are you saying the vaccine caused 900+ deaths? If so, how do you come to that conclusion. BTW, VAERS is pretty freaking awesome. It is how the cases of CVST were noted. It is designed to detect patterns. And somehow it has missed hundreds or thousands of vaccine related deaths? Please understand that deaths after getting vaccinated is not the same as deaths from the vaccine. Maybe go and find out how many people died 90 days after getting on a jetboat. Or 90 days after having sex? After watching Law and Order? Would you say that those activities resulted in their death?

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If they are dying and not related to the vaccines why are they being reported in the system?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The system reports all medical conditions, regardless of cause. I wonder if there are any arm amputations or toe stubbing reported too? Probably yes.

Can we compare that number to deaths after NOT receiving the vaccine to the other 200 Million?

How many died after using their cell phone last week? A sum of these 2 groups at least.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Status
Not open for further replies.