• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkallevig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I"m with you. My wife, me, and baby (8 months old now, newborn when sick) all had covid. All data suggests no reason to get it. I'm all for vaccines, but its apparent the government has botched this release (they've botched vaccine releases in the past as well). I also don't want to unnecessarily put drugs into my body when they're not needed, because the only outcomes available are neutral or bad...nothing good will come from me getting a vaccine. Now my wife is being forced to get it for work (she's a nurse in MN) and she is still breastfeeding, and we might have another baby soon-ish. For all the complications pregnant women were having early on with the vaccine, the CDC just issued a statement SUGGESTING that pregnant women get vaccinated. Its unbelievable, and pretty apparent the CDC really knows nothing at this point. I"m extremely angry not only with the government, but business forcing employees to do this. This behavior is unprecedented to my knowledge.

Refuse to get it. I have already had COVID, and the data strongly suggests there is no reason to get the vaccine, if you have already had it.

I do have a buddy who received the vaccine, he is 36 and in pretty good shape. He had mild seizures the next day.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey man, would you mind sharing what complications pregnant women were getting? Genuinely interested.

Also, 1 week in and first covid exposure at school for my girls. Great. Fortunately masks are mandatory. No idea if parents were vaccinated or not, but I am curious.
I"m with you. My wife, me, and baby (8 months old now, newborn when sick) all had covid. All data suggests no reason to get it. I'm all for vaccines, but its apparent the government has botched this release (they've botched vaccine releases in the past as well). I also don't want to unnecessarily put drugs into my body when they're not needed, because the only outcomes available are neutral or bad...nothing good will come from me getting a vaccine. Now my wife is being forced to get it for work (she's a nurse in MN) and she is still breastfeeding, and we might have another baby soon-ish. For all the complications pregnant women were having early on with the vaccine, the CDC just issued a statement SUGGESTING that pregnant women get vaccinated. Its unbelievable, and pretty apparent the CDC really knows nothing at this point. I"m extremely angry not only with the government, but business forcing employees to do this. This behavior is unprecedented to my knowledge.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Percentages mater.

1628866563122.png

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
...I also don't want to unnecessarily put drugs into my body when they're not needed, because the only outcomes available are neutral or bad...nothing good will come from me getting a vaccine......
Not picking on you personally, but I've heard this portion of the argument against vaccines about 17 times in the last 3 days.

I get lost on this position unless you're a diligent vegan/organic food consumer. How many chemicals are you putting in your body on a daily basis that AREN'T FDA approved or otherwise tested? People with this position are cherry picking this one particular cocktail of chemicals, but skipping over the myriad of other things that are ingested daily that have similar levels of risk. Aspartame as an artificial sweetener. Any number of chemicals as preservatives. FD&C Yellow #5 as a coloring agent. All of those have ongoing studies to asses the impact on human health associated with intake.

If we take a wholistic view of our bodies, and consider risk management from foreign chemical ingestion, I think we'll find that the vaccine has a marginal difference in risk as compared to most other man made substances. So, again, in terms of risk mitigation, are you also going vegan/whole foods to avoid all of the other chemicals in processed food, drink, and smoke?

This feels like missing the forest for the trees type of position. The selection of this particular set of chemicals as the "my body is a temple" hill to die on, seems overly short sighted to me.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
"china virus"... yeah ok

I'm sure that is why FL is asking for more vents. To hook up the made up patients. This is the kind of stuff that demoralizes health care workers. I can't fathom what it is like to be one in FL or TX right now. Should the Federal government send made up vents then? Like a little cereal box with googley eyes and a hose attached to it? MyPillowVent?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Chip,

I grew up in the area (graduated from Tamaqua High, oh so many years ago) and moved away after college. Just curious where you usually boat?

Apologies to the other folks, as I know this is off-topic.

Jim

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is the point of posting ultra biased crap like this from illegitimate sites?
There was an error in reporting, legitimate news sites reported it.
Even Desantis office said it was a mistake and that it was corrected.
Do you really get your news like this?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took me longer than it should have to find Natural News on this chart.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Apologies, as maybe I missed it, but what is this? Reported cases, hospitalizations, or something else?

Jim
Just cases. I apologize for posting something without context. I saw it on the twitters and posted the image without the context. I wish I could find it again to show the source. My bad :confused:

You owe me one monitor cleaning. Luckily it's just water, but I have to wipe it down from the absurd level of spit take I just did.
sir, you are welcome

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Chip,

I grew up in the area (graduated from Tamaqua High, oh so many years ago) and moved away after college. Just curious where you usually boat?

Apologies to the other folks, as I know this is off-topic.

Jim
Most times at Blue Marsh

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I know kids are more susceptible to this delta variant, but anyone know what percentage are actually dying vs just getting sick? Just heard a friend of a friend’s 15 yr old son is in the ICU with heart inflammation from a vaccine side effect, they are still holding out hope but they just got the “not looking good” talk from his doctors. I can’t imagine going through this. He thought he was doing the safe thing for his son and now wishes all the world he hadn’t. I know this is very rare but still hits home when it’s so close. I have a 17 yr old son - I can’t imagine what this would be like. Just starts to feel like a dammed if you do damned if you don’t world. So very sad.

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny that my post linking to the article about the CDC and messing up the Florida numbers has disappeared but is still included in other’s responses to it. What’s wrong didn’t fit the pro vaccine narrative ? Thanks for proving the point not to trust anything about this plandemic!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
"china virus"... yeah ok

I'm sure that is why FL is asking for more vents. To hook up the made up patients. This is the kind of stuff that demoralizes health care workers. I can't fathom what it is like to be one in FL or TX right now. Should the Federal government send made up vents then? Like a little cereal box with googley eyes and a hose attached to it? MyPillowVent?
Data as published by the Florida department of health.
Screenshot_20210814-102719_Drive.jpg
Cases increasing dramatically. They don't publish hospitalization data.

A comparison of 2020 with 2021 (Florida covid hospitalizations)
1628951627867.png

So perhaps the CDC got some numbers wrong. Yes, mistakes happen. But honest organizations correct those mistakes....and if that story is accurate....they did.

But the story remains the same....Florida is in bad shape and only has roughly 50% of the population fully vaccinated.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Funny that my post linking to the article about the CDC and messing up the Florida numbers has disappeared but is still included in other’s responses to it. What’s wrong didn’t fit the pro vaccine narrative ? Thanks for proving the point not to trust anything about this plandemic!
The story is real, that’s just a bs article that completely panders with all kinds of loaded language that’s not needed to get the facts across.

Why not pick a source that’s only really right-leaning instead of completely insane?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The story is real, that’s just a bs article that completely panders with all kinds of loaded language that’s not needed to get the facts across.

Why not pick a source that’s only really right-leaning instead of completely insane?

I poked around the site. It's like the 'National Enquirer" of science news. Start with a kernel of truth and turn it into ludicrous stories. They seem to be really big on pushing covid concentration camp stories. Unfortunately, it is sites like this that some good folks get their 'science' information.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.