• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

To all Leo's out there

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Reading through FB comments and comments written here, I was reminded of the protests last year in NYC.

A bunch or protestors wanted to burn an American flag because they were angry with the NYPD. Okay freedom of speech. Coupla bikers didn't like that too much and took to beating the shit out of the protestors. Guess who had to save the protestors from the bikers? Don't get me wrong, the guys said that by the time they were able to break up the mele most of the protestors had run off, and the bikers couldn't be identified...

http://nypost.com/2015/07/02/cops-save-anti-nypd-flag-burners-from-angry-bikers/

I would never encourage my boys to be cops. The jobs changed tremendously over the years.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks Glassman. I needed to hear some sanity.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Sometime I hate the fact that everyone has a cell phone pointed in our direction to document our every move.
This on the other hand is documentation of absolute bravery in action! I cannot express how proud I am of the Dallas PD and mutual aid agencies that responded and kept hundreds of citizens of every race, creed and color out of harms way...some paying the ultimate price for their bravery.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would never encourage my boys to be cops. The jobs changed tremendously over the years.
Sad to say that I agree. I've seen 23 years of that change. My youngest was leaning in that direction. I steering him toward the Coast Guard.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We need to get back to the admiration we had for first responders in the past. My wife is a teacher and will be teaching first grade this year. I'm gonna see if she can get a Navy pilot (I work with them on the nearby navy base) officer, a fireman and a paramedic to come one day ....maybe make it a local hero day.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Get the local canine unit to
We need to get back to the admiration we had for first responders in the past. My wife is a teacher and will be teaching first grade this year. I'm gonna see if she can get a Navy pilot (I work with them on the nearby navy base) officer, a fireman and a paramedic to come one day ....maybe make it a local hero day.
Get a local k9 unit to come in... I did it for 8 years and loved it. And it makes a Large impression on the students.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Get the local canine unit to

Get a local k9 unit to come in... I did it for 8 years and loved it. And it makes a Large impression on the students.
Great idea. Thanks.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
K-9 is great! Get your County SWAT to roll in with a Bearcat! 2713019854_e4e09bf523.jpg bloomingdale-swat.jpg We did an appreciation day a few years back and I had Northstar fly in! The kids were in awe! The guys LOVE to show off for kids!!!

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you , it's been my experience that you don't really give a lot of thought to the personal sacrifices but the sacrifices your family makes are what will eat at you and make you second guess. All of the kind words are always appreciated, and I'm sure would also be appreciated by your local LEO's.
I'm not sure what it is about Yamaha boat owners, but you guys are a great bunch of people. This is one of the few forums I visit anymore because of all the drama on the Internet. Thank you for just treating us all(LE) like normal people, and accepting us into your ranks without judgment. As they say, this too shall pass...

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you , it's been my experience that you don't really give a lot of thought to the personal sacrifices but the sacrifices your family makes are what will eat at you and make you second guess. All of the kind words are always appreciated, and I'm sure would also be appreciated by your local LEO's.
I'm not sure what it is about Yamaha boat owners, but you guys are a great bunch of people. This is one of the few forums I visit anymore because of all the drama on the Internet. Thank you for just treating us all(LE) like normal people, and accepting us into your ranks without judgment. As they say, this too shall pass...
Agreed... I don't advertise that I am leo hardly ever... jetboaters.net feels like family... not issues being me here.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I realize I am very late on this subject (mostly because [I'm an idiot and] I had no idea what LEO was and thought this thread was about the zodiac). I apologize for my ignorance.

The public servant job is a very VERY thankless job. For many years I rode on the fire truck and then the ambulance only to shut my lights off in certain areas to avoid being shot and many times to push family members to the side who would rather wail and morn that GTFO of my way so I could truley save their family/friend.

Cops have the worst part of that service. The media have latched onto the "highlight stories" of cop killers and cops that have killed. There are so many more facts to their stories than they every try to convey. Obviously there are good and bad people all over over the world and not every officer is perfect every day. I rode quite a few times with my local PD and quickly decided to stay on the red truck and avoid the blue cars!!!

However... as for this comment - (below is a light hearted story - laugh)
Until some unknown age, there exists a true love and admiration for fire and policemen.
I am quite sure that that age would be 16! Yes 16... and thank you officer Findley of Cahokia, IL PD for my first ticket. (3 over.. down a hill):asshat:

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just came across this thread tonight and felt the need to reply. As an LEO, I appreciate the heartfelt thanks expressed by my JetBoaters.net family. I really appreciate the refuge this site has provided me and my family!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Very appreciative of the path you have chosen. You guys should hold your heads high knowing the majority of the people appreciate and respect you for the job you do and the sacrifices you make. I have a brother and a son in Law Enforcement and respect the hell out of them.
Now ....I think 500 trophy points should go to the first guy or girl who gets a Yamaha jet boat for a patrol vehicle!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Spent 10 years with Houston PD! Don't know how you guys put up with the BS now adays, but you have my utmost respect, admiration, and support! Blue lives matter!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To all my LEO brothers on here, I wanted to invite you to join LEO-only on Facebook, if you are a Facebook user. I've found it a great place to vent, find fellowship, and connect with our brothers and sisters worldwide. You need to present your ID for the vetting process and then thats it. Hope to see you there sometime.
Andy

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
One time only special on Cobra fins....first come first served....

I decided to take half of the money " $50 dollars ", and apply it on top of the sale price for any, Ultimate, Magnum A K or Rotax steering system purchased by any active duty member of any branch of our armed services.
And the second $50 dollars will go to any current member of law enforcement or a fire fighter or a current member of any E M S service.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I must have missed something, but very nice thing to do...