• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to tow with the poles in because I was too lazy to pull the cover off to take the poles down. I figure the discussions of poles in or out is mostly for that reason, guessing most leaving poles in were like me. But then I remembered that the good mooring cover has the zip-open pockets over the cleats. All you need to do is open those pockets, take the straps off the cleats at all four corners, then give a few straps a tug. The poles will fall down. Then tuck the straps back in the boat through the pockets. I just leave the poles lay in the boat until I get to my destination. Easy peasy.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
DITTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOL. One thing fun about towing poles out is when you do get into a torrential downpour all you have to do is tap the brakes and a wall of water will come rushing out of the bow cleaning the tailgate that the car wash couldn’t seem to get.

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I found out the hard way that towing with the poles up on my last Yamaha (2005 AR230) put too much strain on the straps and they both broke at the bow. I'm in the habit of removing the cover before towing 45 minutes to the lake. I have a 5 hour tow coming up in May to Lake Powell (house boating), I will remove the poles and tow with the cover on. But I'm going to try the Beach Ball trick. Makes perfect sense.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If anyone decides to move the axels as opposed to the bow stop be sure you know what you are doing. Getting the axles perfectly square and aligned is a must do to prevent a blow out. Also one of those things where a little move will have a big impact. The bow stop move while perhaps not the best method is certainly the preferred method of the common end user without acess to the proper alignment tools and just as effective.

I still don’t understand why the tounge weight is so far off from the factory on what seems to be all the models. Perhaps it has something to do with shipping but this is a safety concern and should be rectified somehow.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I wonder if the dealer would adjust this under warranty.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if the dealer would adjust this under warranty.
I doubt it. I would bet it has something to do with Yamaha legal exposure, knowing how they operate...
For example, some of the boats are factory equipped with ballast bags. That is a huge "cluster" as far as legal exposure - even in the water as the boat weight capacity must be severely stretched to accommodate (different story). But as far as towing - a partially filled (not fully emptied) ballast in the rear of the boat could, conceivably, tip the balance and lead to a catastrophic failure.

EDIT: And then, all the other boats (without factory ballast) - leak enough water into the bilge, it could still tip the trailer, lol.
(joke)

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I generally tow with the tower up. Catches lots of insects, so we do keep cleaner handy.
I take painters tape and put it on all the forward facing edges of the tower when towing long distances. Makes bug removal much easier! Just yank off the tape. Takes 10 min to put on max.

Daren Humphries

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I take painters tape and put it on all the forward facing edges of the tower when towing long distances. Makes bug removal much easier! Just yank off the tape. Takes 10 min to put on max.
I like that idea! I also use Topcoat F11. Although very skeptical at first I am really happy with the results. Makes cleaning so easy.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I like that idea! I also use Topcoat F11. Although very skeptical at first I am really happy with the results. Makes cleaning so easy.
Of course I use the blue painters tape to match the blue color of the boat! LOL (I really do...and my daughter asked if that was why I was using blue....it was just what I had in the garage!)

Daren Humphries

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Of course I use the blue painters tape to match the blue color of the boat! LOL (I really do...and my daughter asked if that was why I was using blue....it was just what I had in the garage!)
I'll be doing the same on our drive down to FL in June and will tell my 2 boys the same!

Daren Humphries

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Boat parts.jpg

Would anyone on this thread know what these parts are for. We got them with the 212X and I can't figure out what they are for. The rubber pads are stick on and the brackets look like they may be something to do with the Wetsounds speaker bar.

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Darn, I like this idea, but I’ve never seen Black painters tape.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
View attachment 70886

Would anyone on this thread know what these parts are for. We got them with the 212X and I can't figure out what they are for. The rubber pads are stick on and the brackets look like they may be something to do with the Wetsounds speaker bar.
You are correct sir!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great. Thanks very much. Do I need them? Everything seems to be factory fitted fine. Would they be required for another application maybe?
I know my boat uses the long black brackets so I am kind of curious how they mounted them on the 212X tower. So if you don't plan on doing anything with them pitch them. I would keep them because i am a hoarder. :confused: