• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Toy making in progress...squirt gun to end all...(jet pump squirt gun)

Stop posting and maybe you'll get your work done faster to make more boating time. . . . . . Just sayin
If only....I typically post when conference calls I'm on get a grand stander blabbing on about something I'm not involved in....

....not sure a zip tie would hold as well as these clamps will, and those points are the primary failure points under pressure.
I suspect your non-reinforced vinyl hose is the weak link in the chain. I would replace that with reinforced hose (like @trace has - or better) before you put reduction nozzles on the end of the hose.

I suspect your non-reinforced vinyl hose is the weak link in the chain. I would replace that with reinforced hose (like @trace has - or better) before you put reduction nozzles on the end of the hose.
I was wondering about that....we'll just have to see...

:peeking: This is gonna be great..

Nah, the hose isn't going to be a problem, he's not going to generate enough pressure for that to be a problem using no-wake mode. The collector doesn't capture all the flow out of the pump, there is a ton of blowby.

So here is the video of the result of this little project. Unfortunately I was on my own, so I had to put my phone down on the dock to get video. I used 2 nozzles one 3/4 in and one 1/2 inch. It really didn't make much difference other than the volume of water being delivered -the distance was pretty much the same.

Distances:
Idle Speed 2-3 feet
2400 rpm No Wake Mode 6-8 feet
4-5,000 rpm 30-50 feet.

Yeah, at idle you might wanna have your boats prostate checked.....

But at the higher RsPM......Hmmmmmm...:winkingthumbsup"

Thanks for posting the video, that thing looks like a ton of fun!

I gotta say that I really thought it would spray much further at the low rpms.

Keep in mind, it sits in the pump when it is in neutral, and doesn't cover the whole thing, so there is quite a bit of blowby (as trace pointed out). I'm sure it would go further if I gave it more RPMs, but I was on my own and didn't have the hands to hold it well and goose the throttles

You should strap a water cannon to the tower. Cam.

You can use that in case you ever run into those Japanese whaling ships! :cool:

Cool @Julian What would it do with no nozzle at all...??

@Lspeedss I should have tried it with no nozzle, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't care! You'd just have a 1 inch stream of water vs 3/4 or 1/2! At that level, it might be more like a firehose than a squirt gun!

Fire hose!! wasn't that the idea? lol

@Julian at least you might knock someone off the swim deck with a 1" column of water!

Back