• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tubing "Accidents"

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So do you guys have those times after a tubing wipe out when everyone in the boat is laughing their asses of until you pull up to the fallen to see if they are hurt, at which time everyone in the boat is silent until the fallen verify they or ok?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So do you guys have those times after a tubing wipe out when everyone in the boat is laughing their asses of until you pull up to the fallen to see if they are hurt, at which time everyone in the boat is silent until the fallen verify they or ok?
I don't, and haven't had anyone seriously injured.... I'm not sure if your question is an attack or if you're being funny....????

In the first video I posted, I was in the middle and took a knee to my temple. It hurt, but after a minute I was fine. Another crash, my daughters neck hurt for a bit. It's part of what might happen when you're on a tube being pulled behind a boat. I'm often towing 10 year old kids and fully realize if I wanted to, I could seriously hurt them. That's not the goal, and if it is, you shouldn't have a boat.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Neither an attack or being funny. Just a question. Tending to the people you wounded, accidentally or intentionally, or telling their loved ones what happened is not fun at all. The laughing, silent, laughing thing still happens too me from time to time. I find it really odd when its the parents of the kids that are tubing do it. That is laugh until we get close to their kids in the water. Sometimes the parents tell their kids, “grow a set of balls or tits”, other times they start questioning why I was driving or turning so fast, usually I respond with “because you asked/told me to” and other times I’ve got one parent coddling the kid and the other saying rub some dirt in it.

now we always establish who the chicken/ signal giver is in the tube and I don’t listen to anyone else other than myself when it comes to driving the boat while towing a tube. The exception being someone in the boat pointing out a hazard or traffic. When I did listen to others, there is almost always someone egging me on, it always ended with something or someone getting broken.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes I have had a couple of those. They weren't bad wipe outs, but you catch the wave wrong and now the riders are upside down. Looks funny, but I don't want anyone to get hurt. Nor did they, but you can never tell when 2-3 riders are on the same tube and they go in, who is going to clunk whom with an elbow or head or foot. It just happens. It is always the Admiral of course.

Kids want you to speed up or swing them outside the wake or makes some waves is what she tells me. Then the minute they come off the tube, she is like "Why were you going so fast????"........ I was going 15 mph :rolleyes:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Some crashes from last summer.... all of these are from a tower mounted GoPro except the last one. My wife got that one her phone and my daughter will never stop giving her dad an earful about it.....

Wow....I thought I was tubing fast, but you are making wake to wake jumps with a tube!!!! Thats impressive!!!!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My goal was to find the line where the riders become uncomfortable and then zig zag back and force across it to help broaden their life experiences. That line is obviously very different for each rider.

Some riders did multiple cartwheels as the left the confines of the tube and others would barely get on plane. It is really no fun for me as a driver to ruin people's lives and scare them from ever boating again! As an example of that - I will never ride behind my dentist's boat because his goal was always to create opportunities for dental work! It was never fun for anyone but him as the driver!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Being the tow boat driver can be very stressful. Every once in a while, usually when my son is tubing, I perform my favorite move. Line the tube up right behind the boat and go from idle to wot, keep the boat running straight for a few hundred yards, enough to give my boy a power wash and remind him of the most important tubing rule/guideline: be good to your driver.

here is a short video of a buddy of mine using the sumo tube I recently got used for $50. In the vein of this thread he does eat it at the end. It only holds one person but we have had a great time with it. Most people, 18 year olds in my case, only try it three times before tapping out, only half actually get up on plane. I will probably buy another one for next season, so we can play sumo rodeo.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow....I thought I was tubing fast, but you are making wake to wake jumps with a tube!!!! Thats impressive!!!!
Sometimes you hit things just right..... it's a struggle driving sometimes. My boys tell me I'm going too slow and it's boring if they aren't jumping the wake. So I go faster and most of the time all is well, but if hit a combination of wave and wake at the right time, bam, they go flying.

Last edited:

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Being the tow boat driver can be very stressful. Every once in a while, usually when my son is tubing, I perform my favorite move. Line the tube up right behind the boat and go from idle to wot, keep the boat running straight for a few hundred yards, enough to give my boy a power wash and remind him of the most important tubing rule/guideline: be good to your driver.

here is a short video of a buddy of mine using the sumo tube I recently got used for $50. In the vein of this thread he does eat it at the end. It only holds one person but we have had a great time with it. Most people, 18 year olds in my case, only try it three times before tapping out, only half actually get up on plane. I will probably buy another one for next season, so we can play sumo rodeo.

I've never seen that tube before... don't think I'd enjoy that one.

I like to get the kids on the tube a couple feet behind the stern. I make sure the rope is clear and I gun it for a second.... huge wall of water just soaks them on the tube. My kids know it's coming but anyone new on the boat doesn't have a clue...

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like to get the kids on the tube a couple feet behind the stern. I make sure the rope is clear and I gun it for a second.... huge wall of water just soaks them on the tube. My kids know it's coming but anyone new on the boat doesn't have a clue...
I did this a couple of times on the last outing. I didn't gun it but gave it enough to where they got a soaking. Unfortunately, the Admiral decided to stand up once she gave the ok sign and lost her balance a bit. I got yelled at...... I told her not to stand up or hold on to something........ So I guess that is the end of that for now :rolleyes:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sometimes it’s a thin line between being an awesome host/dad and defendant/tyrant.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What version of GoPro do you have? I have a Hero 4 that is at least 5 years old and it works great.
Not a GoPro, it's just a knock-off.

I don't foresee using one enough to spend the price they're looking for.

I'm looking for a cheap solution for the handful of times I want to take it on the boat.

I got it for moped rides, and decided to try it out on the boat. It's useless for the boat, so I was just wondering about possible low price alternatives that I wouldn't have to rely on my wife to operate

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did this a couple of times on the last outing. I didn't gun it but gave it enough to where they got a soaking. Unfortunately, the Admiral decided to stand up once she gave the ok sign and lost her balance a bit. I got yelled at...... I told her not to stand up or hold on to something........ So I guess that is the end of that for now :rolleyes:
I like to slightly mess with the throttle while the wife is in the bathroom. Gets me yelled at every time, but kids get a kick out of it. Lol

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not a GoPro, it's just a knock-off.

I don't foresee using one enough to spend the price they're looking for.

I'm looking for a cheap solution for the handful of times I want to take it on the boat.

I got it for moped rides, and decided to try it out on the boat. It's useless for the boat, so I was just wondering about possible low price alternatives that I wouldn't have to rely on my wife to operate
You might be able to find a used one for a decent price....????? My son loves swimming with it. Keeps young kids occupied for sure and provides some laughs from tubing vids.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So go around in a big circle to gradually create a large mound of water then bring the tube in hot sideways so it hits the mound of water making sure you do this out of the way of normal traffic, when the tube hits the mound of water pull the throttles back " reducing the thrust" and watch them fly all over the place. I do that with a 3 seat tube and a 75 foot rope .

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
An old one......10 years ago on the LS 2000....broke my shoulder on the wreck at 4.07! Riding a hotdog at 40 mph is not a smart thing to do.

or more recent.....same kids just kids ten year older! and they now have tik tok