• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upgraded…...again…

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Some other observations from my first few hours:

1- I will never own another Yamaha that does not have E-throttles. I was shocked how smooth the throttles were - this one improvement made the entire purchase worth it.

2- The engine noise is noticeably quieter than my 2015 242LS.

3- I don’t think I have the bimini on quite right. I think the straps on the side by ratchets aren’t routed correctly. I’m gonna check and see if I can find any info on this.

The first weekend with this boat was great - I’m glad that I made the switch.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@tabbibus : The stickers came off in about 30 seconds - I was shocked how easy it was. There might be another layer of adhesive that separated from the sticker but it may just be a ridge of wax/buildup instead. I was able to knock down some of the “ridge” with Goo Gone but I think I need something a little stronger. I will work on on this a bit more this weekend and report back.

I do like the cleaner look:
View attachment 207383

Outline “ridge” after sticker removal?
View attachment 207384

Put the Cobra Jet Super Magnum AK’s on and there’s definitely an improvement in the low speed handling when compared to the Thrust Vectors that I had on my first two boats. After being out for a couple hours yesterday, I think that my steering wheel isn’t synced up with my rudder so I need to look at that.

View attachment 207385
Love the clean look. May do it for mine

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

1- I will never own another Yamaha that does not have E-throttles. I was shocked how smooth the throttles were - this one improvement made the entire purchase worth it.

3- I don’t think I have the bimini on quite right. I think the straps on the side by ratchets aren’t routed correctly. I’m gonna check and see if I can find any info on this.

E throttles are fantastic! Regarding the bimini, watch JBP video on it. It is the best I've found.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Audio upgrade was supposed to be done today but the JL 6.5" M3 speakers got delayed so it looks like next week instead. I'm not happy about it but what can you do.......

Gonna install the engine bay Marine Mat tomorrow that I bought from JBP but will probably leave the boat inside this weekend. :-/

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Audio upgrade was supposed to be done today but the JL 6.5" M3 speakers got delayed so it looks like next week instead. I'm not haply about it but what can you do.......

Gonna install the engine bay Marine Mat tomorrow that I bought from JBP but will probably leave the boat inside this weekend. :-/
If I remember right the interior was the snap-in padded mats, right? Are you looking at replacing that stuff, or you're talking about the added mats for the upper sides by the tower?

I liked the added parts you had, especially now that I see some goofy marks in that area. Not sure what they are or how they got there, but I may follow your lead with that idea

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
All done…..

IMG_0749.jpeg
IMG_0752.jpeg
IMG_0748.jpeg
IMG_0751.jpeg
IMG_0756.jpeg

And the step-over mat…..

IMG_0753.jpeg

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This was supposed to be an “OEM color match” but either I got sent the Titanium grey instead of the Slate grey or maybe my current Marine Mat is dirty…..

IMG_0750.jpeg

The new Marine Mat is far enough away from the existing so I think it’s OK - definitely not the same color. :-/

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This was supposed to be an “OEM color match” but either I got sent the Titanium grey instead of the Slate grey or maybe my current Marine Mat is dirty…..

The new Marine Mat is far enough away from the existing so I think it’s OK - definitely not the same color. :-/
LOOKS like there's some stuff in the "grain" 🤷‍♂️

I scrubbed and pressure washed mine 2 weeks ago because I knew it was dirty, but I hadn't realized just HOW dirty until I broke out the pressure washer.

Make sure you have the right tips, and I wouldn't get closer than 12". 15° was almost too much, I felt, but 25° tip was perfect.

@biffdotorg, I think, had the Dewalt 20v cordless that just needs a water supply, which you have access to. I think that thing is 500psi, which would be a lot less likely to damage anything. Otherwise, I've got an electric pressure washer you could borrow, just gotta plan it out as this month is a bit busy, and I know Skippers is looking to change over their storage setup

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m gonna try hand scrubbing/cleaning first and see how it looks but I may take you up on that.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Hard to explain how different the E throttles are! Love them too!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@biffdotorg, I think, had the Dewalt 20v cordless that just needs a water supply, which you have access to. I think that thing is 500psi, which would be a lot less likely to damage anything. Otherwise, I've got an electric pressure washer you could borrow, just gotta plan it out as this month is a bit busy, and I know Skippers is looking to change over their storage setup
Of all the Dewalt tools I love, the power washer got returned. What a bummer, very disappointing. That being said, I pressure wash my SeaDeck with my 1800psi pressure washer all the time. Tip and distance are key.

My favorite tip is one of the dirt buster, or turbo tips that rotate. They pulse the water enough that It won't cause any damage over a foot away. It is amazing how much dirt comes out when pressure washing.

Good luck,

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Audio system was finished this week and I pick it up tomorrow. We won’t be able to take it out on the water before it goes into storage but I’ll be able to hear it at the shop.

2x JL M3 7.7” tower speakers
8x JL M3 6.5” speakers (2x swim deck, 2x stern, 2x helm, 2x bow)
1x JL M3 10” subwoofer
1x Rockford Fosgate M2 750X5 amplifier
1x Rockford Fosgate M2 300X4 amplifier

The photo of the amps was taken half way through the install.

SbuNm5W49W_hLQVm2Oqn5p2Iood77CEBIJiD123PK4V6RINMuH7I3z06Zux49RWWaH3DVwUYUEhXWA82PmG4FfRuAro1P...jpeg
SbuNm5W49W_hLQVm2Oqn5p2Iood77CEBIJiD123PK4WK8uxl_gi6MN_iMynD15zZzKl8EVeaMmVyGmt3kfy3LtBq6JCKE...jpeg
ZQhQzR5-36PUl290uTf-jZ2Iood77CEBIJiD123PK4U7sXY5CvJVKzPafDAz_Xgz7QZyvwOiqV9QeVuaGgQpREm_s668W...jpeg
SbuNm5W49W_hLQVm2Oqn5rabqKSLa0mjb2w7hsirUDXUlhuAsCTRHP14HQvhG2LRiCJEDAqaaY0JvJ5DRUCb0QVwnKirJ...jpeg
IMG_0755.jpeg

Last edited:

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I love the dark JL grills for your boat color combination. Nice!
Thanks - the install turned out well, I just wish I could have had it out on the water at least once before she goes into storage. :-/

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Found a guy that made a few custom “Naked Only” SeaDek’ish decals for me. The ones from JBP are great but they are too wide and don’t fit the step-over very well. These are 10” wide and fit much better.

IMG_0954.jpeg

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Found a guy that made a few custom “Naked Only” SeaDek’ish decals for me. The ones from JBP are great but they are too wide and don’t fit the step-over very well. These are 10” wide and fit much better.

View attachment 209693
That looks good.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Audio system was finished this week and I pick it up tomorrow. We won’t be able to take it out on the water before it goes into storage but I’ll be able to hear it at the shop.

2x JL M3 7.7” tower speakers
8x JL M3 6.5” speakers (2x swim deck, 2x stern, 2x helm, 2x bow)
1x JL M3 10” subwoofer
1x Rockford Fosgate M2 750X5 amplifier
1x Rockford Fosgate M2 300X4 amplifier

The photo of the amps was taken half way through the install.

View attachment 209636
View attachment 209637
View attachment 209638
View attachment 209639
View attachment 209640
Do you wish you would of went with the M6 7.7’s or the 8.8’s on the tower?

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Didn’t have a chance to hear the system on the water before it went into storage. :-/

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Forgot to mention that the touch screen functions on the CONNEXT display stopped working once the screen got hot in direct sun. The display still worked and the MPH/tach info was correct but the screen wouldn‘t respond to touch inputs. The shop looked at it when I dropped it off to get winterized and found the same issue. They filed a claim with Yamaha which was approved and a new display will be installed in spring once it comes out of storage.