• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Video of Yamaha 275 Stern swim up seats

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know what took me so long to think of it but with a kegerator on board and adding swim up seats I should figure out a way to T off another tap at the back of the boat for a true swim up bar. Now where to put it where it won't be a hazard and I can reach from the water? Perhaps no good place but it would be super cool.
Don't forget a cabana and a faux palm tree, while you at it!
:cool:

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't know what took me so long to think of it but with a kegerator on board and adding swim up seats I should figure out a way to T off another tap at the back of the boat for a true swim up bar. Now where to put it where it won't be a hazard and I can reach from the water? Perhaps no good place but it would be super cool.

Build some bottle holders on the backs of the wet storage doors, beer tap on the side where they put the fresh water shower, margarita blender, 4 swim up chairs....PARTY TIME!

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yea that's it! I love it!!

Now THAT'S the way to do it! That fold down one is great!!!! Great for kids and pets and no parts to wind up at the bottom of the lake or to store and bounce around in a compartment!

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any of the hardcore modders get something put together yet?

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am working on it but Yamaha isn't selling the bracket yet, going to have to get creative.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have lots and family and friends visiting over the next few weeks. My wife wanted me to get this swim seat thing done. I was figuring out how much aluminum to order to build this and a thought crept into my head aided by the fact I almost cracked my head trying a surf jump and go trick from the swim deck a couple of days ago (won’t be trying that again). What if someone does not know or forgets the seats are there when they go to jump off the swim deck? What happens if they hit the seat or as a result the swim deck on the way in the water? What about kids being kids around or on them?

So I go to talk it through with my wife and she had the same thoughts last night. The fact we both got there independently based on how we use our boat can’t be coincidence. Yep scratch that project off my list. The risk of serious injury or worse is just not worth it for us.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I get where you are coming from on safety. But I also feel that you would only insert these when you stop and are using them. You would not boat around with them on.

And like a stern drive motor, when someone is headed to the swimdeck, they get warned, that the seats are deployed, just like a parent would do if you had an outdrive.

There are way more I/O boats on the market than jets, and parents have been warning their family and friends of the danger before jumping for many years. I know we here blow this safety issue out of proportion on a regular basis. But strangers in my boat actually assume there is the danger of a prop off the back of my boat more, than they assume there is nothing., (I actually giggle when I hear it)

Only you can decide if the benefit outweighs the perceived danger.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yup, lifejackets in the form of a diaper have become the norm, and nobody is ashamed

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I get where you are coming from on safety. But I also feel that you would only insert these when you stop and are using them. You would not boat around with them on.
Right! And no one would ever take off with the ladder pulled out, right? why would they? Everybody knows you only pull the ladder out when you stop!

Oh, wait... :bag:

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I predict those seats will be littering the bottoms of lakes across the nation as people will forget to "stow" before they "go"! LOL! As many times as I've left my ladder down........ Cool concept though!
What he said!!!!! imageproxy.jpg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
LOL, I can't count the number of time I left mine down. I used to get so upset. Now, I just laugh (and blame the wife - her job.)

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is my thought. Something that could hang from the back, maybe with a single arm, so that it could easy be straddled, and sit backwards on. Maybe a rubber coated "T" on the underside to keep it from swaying. But could easily be pulled off when not in use.

Like these child booster seats that attach to tables, but with only one down arm, and a seat with no backrest (so you can sit with your back to the boat or straddle sitting forward)

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have lots and family and friends visiting over the next few weeks. My wife wanted me to get this swim seat thing done. I was figuring out how much aluminum to order to build this and a thought crept into my head aided by the fact I almost cracked my head trying a surf jump and go trick from the swim deck a couple of days ago (won’t be trying that again). What if someone does not know or forgets the seats are there when they go to jump off the swim deck? What happens if they hit the seat or as a result the swim deck on the way in the water? What about kids being kids around or on them?

So I go to talk it through with my wife and she had the same thoughts last night. The fact we both got there independently based on how we use our boat can’t be coincidence. Yep scratch that project off my list. The risk of serious injury or worse is just not worth it for us.
Go for the throwable squares. They hold my fat @ss up and they’re cheap and portable. Plus you can float around just in case you don’t want to be face first in the crotch of your guest on the swim platform.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Don't forget your ladder. Just throw it in the garbage and get an Aqua Step. Replaced my ladder the first time out (11 years ago) and never looked back!
When I saw "self-retracting ladder" I was excited, but that doesn't seem entirely accurate. According to the website, the ladder locks in place when in-use, which I assume means someone must unlock it before it will "self-retract". So it looks like its probably easier to stow, but how does it keep you from forgetting the ladder is out?

RiverRacerX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
When I saw "self-retracting ladder" I was excited, but that doesn't seem entirely accurate. According to the website, the ladder locks in place when in-use, which I assume means someone must unlock it before it will "self-retract". So it looks like its probably easier to stow, but how does it keep you from forgetting the ladder is out?
Because I have this one: