• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

weed trimmer----gas(2or4 stroke) or lithium ion rechargable

jaybro72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the Ryobi lithium and love it this is my 2nd season and I only charge it every month or so. very powerful compared to my old black and decker 18volt regular battery. I had to charge that thing all the time. it wouldn't even trim one weeks cut.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep that thing is awesome.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Just used my worx trimmer for the first time. Always had gas 2 stroke. Don't think I will go back, the worx was great. No more pulling that damn starter cord for ten minutes, when it takes me a little less than that to run around the yard with it!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Black & Decker 36V trimmer and hedge trimmer and they have been great. I had gas before and these are quieter, zero maintenance, and do the job. That said, my next car is a Tesla

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finally actually paid for a weedeater a couple years ago, I always got a free one that someone was going to throw away and fixed them, I got a 4 stroke and love it! Now that I have a small yard I could probably use a rechargeable one. :-/

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 4 stroke with interchangeable attachements - Weedeater, hedge trimmer, blowers/vac, and tiller. Battery version wouldn't do all that. I dumped the 2 cycles as they were a PITA to start. 4 Cycle ryobi has been fine (5 years now).

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Old school here. 2 stroke Homelite is still running strong. I tried a Ryobi 18volt years ago and it was in no way ready for market. It couldn't get around the smallest of yards. Glad to see that the electric ones have improved over the years.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I love the little 18v Ryobi trimmer/edger, I probably have the same on as Jay. Use the same battery on my drill, small circular saw, blower and hedge trimmer. Got a 6 pack battery charger that works great, except for the fact I've had to retire some of the batteries over the years. Had to go out and buy a gas blower again though. Those 18v blower's don't move the heavy stuff!

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2 stroke, rather my landscaper does..this way no yard work and can be on the boat more.

MIDLIFECRISIS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
2 Troy built 4 strokers, only thing I mix for now is my 20 inch Stihl chain saw. have 2 weedeaters 1 for the house and 1 for the appartments that we own.

JJ-B-Boatin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2 stroke stihl for me. Purchased last year. Pull starts easy, usually starts on second or third pull and even my wife can start/use it.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
After fighting a 2-stroke for a few years, I switched and got this one.
http://www.blackanddecker.com/outdoor/GH610.aspx
It's corded so I have a 100' cord and it reaches most spots of my basic city lot without an extension. Plenty of power and no maintenance.

-klb-

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've had the same 4 cycle Troybuilt interchangeable attachment trimmer for about 14 years now. I've had to replace the upper shaft once, put a $10 rebuild kit in the carb, replaced the gas tank about the 4th year, and replaced the primer bulb. Not too bad for the number of years I've had it. It still idles smoothly, and usually starts well.

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I want to try one of the propane ones. Right now I'm running hasquvera 4 stroke.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Troy-bilt 4 stroke for about 5 years now. Have trimmer, edger, blower, and chainsaw attachments for it. One machine, many tools. Just have to make sure that you keep Sta-bil in it as it seems to be a bit finicky with the ethanol now.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got the Ryobi trimmer TOO!

Have had it for years....I like the fact that the new lithium batteries work in it since I went through several of the old style before they came out with the lithium. And man does it hum with the new batteries.

And of course, that reminds me I have to break it out tomorrow and get some chores done before my grandson's birthday. Hmmmm is two years old too young to teach a kid how to use one of these? :rolleyes:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Two years old he should be cutting grass by now!

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I really like Stihl equipment. I go to United Rentals at the end of the season. They will sell off their oldest inventory. While they cosmetically look trashed they have always run great. Contrary to what you might think these machines have been meticulously maintained because they really don't want them to break down when out on a rental. Several of the machines I have purchased from United Rentals have had upgrades that actually make them run better than new.