• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Welcome to Ken at Air-Dock!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard @Ken at AIR-DOCK!

I know that Julian enjoys his. I would like to hear more about your products. How much depth is needed?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome @Ken at AIR-DOCK !!!

What a great product for any jet boat.

How do these docks hold up in a salt water body that has a fair amount if barnacle growth?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad you are here!

Ken at AIR-DOCK

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Welcome aboard @Ken at AIR-DOCK , happy to have you here..:Welcome:
Glad to be here!! Thanks all for the warm welcome!! We appreciate the questions and interest in our boat lifts!

Regarding how much water depth is required; as we like to say here at Air-Dock "Whatever floats your boat". If you can float the boat in there it will work. And also keep in mind when the air chambers are inflated they draft less than the boat does.

And about 1/3 of all we sell go in salt water. The salt water does not affect the material and barnacles may stick themselves to the bottom surface but do not pose a problem except they make it heavy and harder to remove. That is why we offer anti-fouling paint on the bottom surface of the air chambers. Most of our salt water customers do this.

Ken
AIR-DOCK

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi Ken, I recently got a used Air-Dock as part of a deal on a boat. I have always wanted one, so when I had chance to buy this boat and get the Air-Dock, I jumped on it! I am in the process of setting it up and have emailed you guys for info. I got a ton of info from you yesterday and I am sure I'll get it set up soon.
I did have a couple questions regarding installation. My slip is in tidal fresh water. I have maybe 2' of water at dead low on one side of my boat. With the AirDock, I will have a finger pier on the starboard side of my boat, and nothing to tie the AirDock to on the port side. I am wondering if the PVC frame you sell is going to sink too low at low tide and possibly be damaged by the boat or AirDock weight pushing it against the ground. I have carefully read your website, and the part that keeps coming back to me is "Don't try to re-engineer it". I think my situation is a somewhat unique. I am wondering if I can make a large U shaped PVC frame, out of larger, heavier duty PVC to have an attachment point for the AirDock, but not have anything hanging low into the water, where it could contact the marina bottom. Hope that makes sense, but I could sketch it up if necessary. Thanks in advance!

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just dropped @Ken at AIR-DOCK a PM... hoping he is still reviewing this site. Got a quote for the V Lift as well, but man I am hoping for a less expensive option. Also, anyone use a Jet Dock?http://www.jetdock.com/boat-lifts/ ? Not sure if it is compatible with Jet Boats or even if my marina would allow, but may research.
Thanks.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just dropped @Ken at AIR-DOCK a PM... hoping he is still reviewing this site. Got a quote for the V Lift as well, but man I am hoping for a less expensive option. Also, anyone use a Jet Dock?http://www.jetdock.com/boat-lifts/ ? Not sure if it is compatible with Jet Boats or even if my marina would allow, but may research.
Thanks.
@DJMattyT has the EZ Dock version of the jetDock. . . . . I do not have the drive on EZ-Dock but I have had my EZ dock for 3 years and HIGHLY recommend it as a total docking system solution.

Here is where I posted about my EZ-Dock experience:

https://jetboaters.net/threads/dock-system-opinions-needed.955/

Below is a link to the thread where @DJMattyT posted his pics/comments.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/docking-do-you-high-and-dry-do-you-keep-it-in-the-water.8740/

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good info here... Going to plug through it and try to figure out what I can/should do. Thank you!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The guy in the slip across from me that I met last weekend was going to look at an AR230 that was coming with a floating dock that attached at the bow and lifted from the stern....might have been an EZ dock. Next time I'm at the marina I'll find out.

Did @Ken at AIR-DOCK get back to you?

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My EZ Dock took a little while to get used to but it works really well now. I have a BP5000 so the lift has a ballast tank which lowers in the water and raises out.

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Excellent stuff. May need to get a price on that EZ Dock. @Julian I have not heard from Ken yet. I also emailed their sales a few days ago and still waiting for a response. I may actually have to use the phone feature on my mobile.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So like I said it took a while to figure out the best way to go up and off on the dock (how far up how far back) because you want the boat to weigh down the dock when you want to go off. So just to show you how low the dock sits in the water (when pump is on "lower") I can push my boat off and drive it up without any issue!
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg