• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What ANNOYS you? Pet peeves and annoyances?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
[QUOTE="davel501, post: 38733, member: 81"People that piss all over the toilet in the stall rather than standing in line for the urinals.[/QUOTE]

No shit! (LOL) Why the heck can't they just raise the seat! We have a "shy pisser" at our office that does this all the time! I'm getting ready to put up a sign....

"Dear Shy Pisser--LIFT UP THE SEAT YOU LAZY BASTARD" (no it doesn't bother me at all! LOL)

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I live in south St. Louis county and work in Alton IL. So I drive 100 miles round trip every day. Luckily it's all highway.

I don't know what it is with IL drivers, but they use the LEFT lane as the slow lane and refuse to move.

I am pretty sure that was not on @Glassman 's list.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I live in south St. Louis county and work in Alton IL. So I drive 100 miles round trip every day. Luckily it's all highway.

I don't know what it is with IL drivers, but they use the LEFT lane as the slow lane and refuse to move.

In the Chicago area we have the same problem with Wisconsin and Indiana drivers. We have 22 state troopers for the entire Chicago area and they are the only ones that can patrol the controlled access highways. The average speed sticks around 75mph with the left lane folks getting up into the 80s+. I keep hearing the rest of Illinois considers Chicago and the collar counties another state.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Left laners....there's a good one! In my youth, I actually pulled past one driving below the speed limit in the left lane and slowed down slower than them....then when they pulled over to go around me.....zoom....it was my charity work for the day...(in retrospect...stupid thing to do...but teens aren't the brightest of humans)

WickedPorter

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The people facing me in the left turn lane when I'm in the left turn lane opposite of them who stay way to the right, blocking my view of any oncoming traffic. MOVE TO YOUR LEFT SO I CAN SEE PAST YOU. It's not that hard.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stopped at a light this past weekend with THREE "No Right Turn On Red" signs clearly posted..... SO, I don't turn tight, I wait. Of course, you know whats coming, guy behind me lays on the horn, flashes his lights (daytime) and flails his arms making gestures that members of the British Parliament would be proud to emulate...

10 seconds of this and he suddenly pulls out and around us, lights up his tires as he screams around us turning right in front of us and very, very close to us and in violation of the no turn traffic control devices, flailing his arms at us the whole time..... Really wish a cop was around. Definitely felt the hair go up on my neck, y'all know what I was feeling, but The Girl was beside me and cooler heads (Hers) prevailed.... light turned green like 4 seconds later.....

Pulled up next to Captain Oblivious at the next light........

File Peeve under inconsiderate drivers.......They piss me off.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

It Was.

Then I installed forward mounted laser beams. Those @#%*!*" assholes are no longer an issue.

Stopped at a light this past weekend with THREE "No Right Turn On Red" signs clearly posted..... SO, I don't turn tight, I wait. Of course, you know whats coming, guy behind me lays on the horn, flashes his lights (daytime) and flails his arms making gestures that members of the British Parliament would be proud to emulate...

10 seconds of this and he suddenly pulls out and around us, lights up his tires as he screams around us turning right in front of us and very, very close to us and in violation of the no turn traffic control devices, flailing his arms at us the whole time..... Really wish a cop was around. Definitely felt the hair go up on my neck, y'all know what I was feeling, but The Girl was beside me and cooler heads (Hers) prevailed.... light turned green like 4 seconds later.....

Pulled up next to Captain Oblivious at the next light........

File Peeve under inconsiderate drivers.......They piss me off.
I just do the "Skyhook" - reach out your window and hook your arm and pointed finger over the roof in the direction of the sign, Or when the top is down I turn around, look em in the eye and point to the sign. If they honk again I flip them off...a second time, BOOM, I open the trunk and...

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
OK...now I'm going to have to look into the "Like" upgrade that is out there (where you can say more than "Like")....I LOVE the Trunk Monkey!!!!! I want one!!!!

@Glassman I love the shyhook approach....I use it for the turn signals too....make a frantic turn signal movement with your left hand....pointing at it with your right....LOL

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
In the Chicago area we have the same problem with Wisconsin and Indiana drivers. We have 22 state troopers for the entire Chicago area and they are the only ones that can patrol the controlled access highways. The average speed sticks around 75mph with the left lane folks getting up into the 80s+. I keep hearing the rest of Illinois considers Chicago and the collar counties another state.
I refer to the SLOW LEFT LANE as the party lane.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Craigslist Scammers is one to add to the list.
All scammers....and telemarketers....although I have come up with a favorite sport now with Telemarketers and actually enjoy it when they call! I call it the Pool-A-Rama game. See a number you don't recognize and answer with "Pool-A-Rama, can I help you". Some will just hang up without saying a word, some will still try to sell you. And I sell them harder. I was in tears one night as I worked my way from trying to tell an in ground pool, to a Jacuzzi, to a bath tub, to a bucket to a Pool-A-Rama mug.....and she stayed on with me. Only made it to the mug once.....but I try....give it a shot...its great fun!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just do the "Skyhook" - reach out your window and hook your arm and pointed finger over the roof in the direction of the sign, Or when the top is down I turn around, look em in the eye and point to the sign. If they honk again I flip them off...a second time, BOOM, I open the trunk and...

Did the Skyhook thing...... The Girl did not appreciate it.......Something about escalation and not to do it with her in the truck.... Next time I will ask her to step out for a moment.....

Definitely need a trunk monkey. Do they make a model that will fit in the bed of a pickup?

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
People in an airport terminal that just stop in the middle suddenly.
Drivers in the city that use your bumpers when parking to know when to stop.
Crew scheduling.
Passengers that will try to talk over a flight attendant while they're doing their PAs (just shut up for 2 mins).
Hearing passengers make drinking jokes about the pilots or bomb jokes. Really? Not original or funny.
Crew scheduling.
Gate agents that try to run the show. Aka gate agents.
CLT, LGA, DCA
Flight attendants that chime the cockpit every 5 mins to complain about the cabin temp.
Crew scheduling.

Oh yeah... Crew scheduling.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Skysurfer2010 I don't know if you mentioned it or not be Crew Scheduling is one of mine.....seriously......no really. :)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For me it is little things like the toilet paper rolled in instead of rolled out.....If a can soup/soda is empty throw it away, don't leave it on the counter. Slurping when eating soup/cereal. Using "Like" to many times in a sentence. Drives that tailgate but won't pass. I am sure these have been said already but that's what I got.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love that phone call from crew tracking/scheduling "adjusting" your schedule at the end of your trip without checking the regs for timeouts.... Getting Junior assigned even though you are #1 in domicile/type.... Mechanics who "cannot duplicate" your squawk and return your equipment to service to have the problem repeat...... Punitive vectors from ATC for being early.....or even "not late"......Late F/As who act like its no big deal...... F/As who act like you should pick up EVERY tab...... F/As who stay out too late on overnights then just complain the next day about how tired they are and "request" help with their bags/belts/duties, etc..... Still gotta love em though! :cool:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Skysurfer2010 One of my favorite jobs was a summer job in college as a doorman in NYC (4 East &2nd Street--5th Ave and Central park--Super rich area). I saw the park by braille approach a lot, and even the ultimate park by braille. Guy couldn't find a spot, put his bumper up against a small car park legally by near a fire hydrant, and he push the car so it was illegally parked and took his spot!!!!!! I was a 19 and thought it was hilarious, but talk about a-hole move!

Yeah....hate those groups who just stand in the middle of a terminal walkway and have a meeting!!! WTF!!! And then there is walking in foreign terminals with predominantly British Empire humans (they walk on the other side...just like drivers).....it is funny to see.....but annoying when you are in a hurry.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Skysurfer2010 One of my favorite jobs was a summer job in college as a doorman in NYC (4 East &2nd Street--5th Ave and Central park--Super rich area). I saw the park by braille approach a lot, and even the ultimate park by braille. Guy couldn't find a spot, put his bumper up against a small car park legally by near a fire hydrant, and he push the car so it was illegally parked and took his spot!!!!!! I was a 19 and thought it was hilarious, but talk about a-hole move!
Wow! lol... I've had the thought of helping someone move so I can fit my truck into a spot but I never would do it. I also now keep my trailer hitch attached at all times to help save my rear bumper! I bought my truck new in 07 and my bumpers are trashed from city parking. It amazes me how inconsiderate of other people's property some people are.

Magic- Flight attendants are a whole 'nother section in themselves!! lol I just love it when the bill comes and they stare at you to see if you're going to pay for them.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Skysurfer2010 .....And then there is walking in foreign terminals with predominantly British Empire humans (they walk on the other side...just like drivers).....it is funny to see.....but annoying when you are in a hurry.
That's It!!!

Those shoppers in my local market that do the same thing must be British!

I had this one lady turn into the aisle I was in, she was blabbing away on her cell phone and pushing her shopping cart - oblivious to the rest of the world. I was on my right as close to the shelves as possible and she was headed straight for me on the "wrong side" (her left). I just stopped and watched. Sure enough, she came straight into me/my cart,I was standing still mind you. She looked up when the carts collided and gave me this look....like, "Get out of my way". She got one right back. She had to have realized how stupid she looked and pulled her cart back and went around with a huff!

bitch

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length