• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What ANNOYS you? Pet peeves and annoyances?

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When someone says they are going to call me at a specific time and they don't. Not cool!!!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I go get diesel at Walmart and there's some weasel in a little gas car that I see pull up to the gas pump that's next to the diesel when other pumps are open. Some of you may never have noticed, but at the Murphy gas stations the diesel is only at one two sided pump on the end of the row. He'll put $5 of gas in his car and go and pay. Come back with a carton of cigarettes and a bag full of junk food. I usually have a trailer with me when needing diesel and a lot of times there's only one way in and I have to back out. There's no way I can even get to the opposite side of the pump.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
When someone says they are going to call me at a specific time and they don't. Not cool!!!
I'll give you a call tonight at 5 and we'll talk about it...be home and by the phone.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I go get diesel at Walmart and there's some weasel in a little gas car that I see pull up to the gas pump that's next to the diesel when other pumps are open. Some of you may never have noticed, but at the Murphy gas stations the diesel is only at one two sided pump on the end of the row. He'll put $5 of gas in his car and go and pay. Come back with a carton of cigarettes and a bag full of junk food. I usually have a trailer with me when needing diesel and a lot of times there's only one way in and I have to back out. There's no way I can even get to the opposite side of the pump.
May I suggest watching the "water" video for you??? Life is all about choices. If that happens often, and the angst it causes you is only worth $5 or $10 bucks...... Pick another station. I'm not trying to pick a fight, just saying life is about choices. I find myself going straight to the north forty of parking lots now because I can avoid all the chowder heads that want to wait for that spot that is 5 spots closer than the next closest spot.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
May I suggest watching the "water" video for you??? Life is all about choices. If that happens often, and the angst it causes you is only worth $5 or $10 bucks...... Pick another station. I'm not trying to pick a fight, just saying life is about choices. I find myself going straight to the north forty of parking lots now because I can avoid all the chowder heads that want to wait for that spot that is 5 spots closer than the next closest spot.
Most of the time I go the easiest route which is truck stops. However, when Walmart had $.10 off with the shopping card this summer, I could deal with the occasional clueless idiot. It doesn't happen often and I'm not usually in a hurry when I'm going boating or camping. When we're traveling with our 5th wheel, and we're in uncharted territory, Google Earth is our friend looking at stations to see if we can get in and out without a problem if it isn't a truck stop.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Work phrases that annoy you!? **RANT**

I am sick and tired of hearing the following at work...

"Let me pull on that thread a bit more"

"Let's get everything lying flat"

"goodness" That's goodness

Ahhhhhhh!!! Rant over. What are some other I can start annoying my coworkers with?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ahhhhhhh!!! Rant over. What are some other I can start annoying my coworkers with?
I have a coworker who uses "On a go forward basis" all the time!!!!! Is there an alternative?????

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

“Well, that’s the way we’ve always done it.”
THAT DOESN’T MEAN IT IS THE RIGHT WAY!!!!
I work with a bunch of people that have been doing this job for 30 years, things improve, technology changes, processes are improved....but hey, that’s the way it has always been done.

Frank Cairns

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Glassman Wow. LOL :) I'm going to print out that list and keep it in my wallet, in case I ever travel to Redondo Beach.
I want to be on my best behavior. I'll wear a Yamaha tee shirt just to be extra safe !!
:winkingthumbsup"

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
non-attentive drivers, who pull out in front of me when I'm on my Motorcycle. Then look at me like its MY fault they didnt see me OR my favorite.... slam on brakes halfway into intersection, throw up their "jazz hands" with a surprised face.... I get particularly angry when I pass them, and theres a phone in their face. This may sound sexist, and I apologize for that....but its generally 30-something women attached to their various social media :rolleyes:

ride next to them, stare... flash the one finger salute and a horn blast for a quarter mile. :mad:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
non-attentive drivers, who pull out in front of me when I'm on my Motorcycle. Then look at me like its MY fault they didnt see me OR my favorite.... slam on brakes halfway into intersection, throw up their "jazz hands" with a surprised face.... I get particularly angry when I pass them, and theres a phone in their face. This may sound sexist, and I apologize for that....but its generally 30-something women attached to their various social media :rolleyes:

ride next to them, stare... flash the one finger salute and a horn blast for a quarter mile. :mad:
Dude........I hate to say it but that's just the way it is. I ride bikes and I fell ya, but you just have to accept that you are in more danger on a bike. I was turning left onto a 6 lane divided highway the other day in my Ford Explorer. I pulled up to the stop sign, looked right then left and then jumped out to make the left. Right as I get out there I see a dude on a chopper hit the brakes as he was turning left off of the 6 lane divided hwy onto the road I was pulling out from. I hit the brakes, then waved sorry. I totally did not see him, and I think the reason was when I looked right, the frame of my windshield blocked him. It was middle of the day, sunshine, clear visibility. I just didn't see the dude. You get on 2 wheels and your a smaller target that's harder to see.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Angry Bicycle riders..... The dudes that are all geared up like they are riding the Tour de France, and yell at cars for not giving them space, then proceed to run through stop signs, or not signal, or better yet, slow a little then keep right on going through a stop light. Same road........same rules dude.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dude........I hate to say it but that's just the way it is. I ride bikes and I fell ya, but you just have to accept that you are in more danger on a bike. I was turning left onto a 6 lane divided highway the other day in my Ford Explorer. I pulled up to the stop sign, looked right then left and then jumped out to make the left. Right as I get out there I see a dude on a chopper hit the brakes as he was turning left off of the 6 lane divided hwy onto the road I was pulling out from. I hit the brakes, then waved sorry. I totally did not see him, and I think the reason was when I looked right, the frame of my windshield blocked him. It was middle of the day, sunshine, clear visibility. I just didn't see the dude. You get on 2 wheels and your a smaller target that's harder to see.

i'm totally with you. I ride with that expectation. ;)

Suppose its more of the folks lookin down at their phone... or ridin the left lane. Not sure what it is, but I get "helmet rage" lol if thats a thing.