• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What are your favorite Smart Phone Apps?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I got tired of my office's address not being in the right place in Waze, launched the full website and fixed it. Also added missing street names around our office, adjusted where Waze thinks my house is on my street, and added a bunch of missing house numbers in my subdivision! All very easy to do!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So in two months - the app does what it says. I have about $100 in the account that I am not missing at all. I think the investing part of it is extremely weak, but is does pay a (very) small dividend. I think it was up a few bucks and it just has gotten back to even after going a few bucks negative when the market dropped a few weeks ago. All-in-all I am going to keep it going and just see how much it can build up. Never hurts to have a secret savings account lol, especially when I don't even notice the money going into it.
Account is now up to over $1,000. Between gain on investments, dividends and "found money" its about a 9% return. The amount it takes is so small I don't think it about it all.

Another cool app I found is called "Get Upside". Use it before you get gas and send them a picture of your receipt. It is his hit or miss with the gas stations I go to most often. Used it for 2 or 3 months and it was up to $30. Haven't used in a little while though.

On a side note - I would warn people to stay away from the "Cash" app. My buddy had it for a onetime use and someone ended up hacking his account and taking $400 from his checking. Owners of app told him tough luck, luckily his bank is backing him up.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I get that....but teens are also stupid as hell all to often....I know I was! Not going to stop that, but having some awareness of it can provide some teaching moments. Not to mention it is simply a great convenience for someone like me who travels a lot to know when I can and can't call my wife to ask a question (dont call while she's in the gym or at the boyfriends house LOL)
Haha, I have rhino fleet tracking on ours. We can setup geofences for geographical and motion alerts (brake and speed)

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Account is now up to over $1,000. Between gain on investments, dividends and "found money" its about a 9% return. The amount it takes is so small I don't think it about it all.

Another cool app I found is called "Get Upside". Use it before you get gas and send them a picture of your receipt. It is his hit or miss with the gas stations I go to most often. Used it for 2 or 3 months and it was up to $30. Haven't used in a little while though.

On a side note - I would warn people to stay away from the "Cash" app. My buddy had it for a onetime use and someone ended up hacking his account and taking $400 from his checking. Owners of app told him tough luck, luckily his bank is backing him up.
Do u still get 5 bucks if someone signs up with your code?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Do u still get 5 bucks if someone signs up with your code?
I believe so - if you want me to send you an invite - PM me your e-mail.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I use get upside as well, a little over $180
In a year. But I drive about 35k a year. Definitely worth it if you drive a lot

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
One app we use every day is "Any List". Its free, and works with Alexa (probably all the assistants). How do we use it? Pretty much every day we use it with Alexa saying things like:

Alexa, add milk to Harris Teeter
Alexa, add light bulbs to Home Depot
Alexa, add toilet paper to Warehouse club (it didnt like BJs....was probably too short).

Then, when you go to the store, you have a categorized list of items on your phone for all the things you need to buy. Works on iOS and Android.

App looks like this (on Android):
anylist.jpg

Woodsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With so many apps out there, it is hard to know which ones are the good ones. Interesting read seeing peoples favorites. Here are a few of mine:

Slopes: A must have for any avid downhill skier.
Nebo: Great potential. It is a boating social media & navigation tracker app.
Treager: Controls the smoker and has so many great recipes.
Keeper: Saves all those passwords that everything requires now-a-days.
CBS Fantasy Football: My favorite fantasy football platform.
Spotify: music
Playmaker: create youth football playbooks, wristband play sheets, etc.