• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What Home Improvement have you done...

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our current project, certainly not very glamorous, yes very expensive and yes extremely important! B6F72E8B-66BD-4551-804B-5CB4CC37E495.jpeg468B239D-140D-43B8-BF59-F02444820507.jpeg468B239D-140D-43B8-BF59-F02444820507.jpeg1EB3B624-B470-45D7-91B4-FBC08FA1F463.jpeg
If you can’t figure it out, it’s a new 30’ long waste water line from the house to the where there is no more damage to the 80 year old clay tile line that goes to the main line in the street. That was last week. Next step is getting it epoxy lined from where the new PVC piping butts up to the tile and then the rest of the way to the line in the street. That’s next week. The city made us do this because the lake water is so high that lake water is leaking into the septic and the city doesn’t want to be cleaning lake water. And yes, that’s the gas line that runs almost parallel to the waste water line until it crosses over the line a little further in the front yard.

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Good Lord.....Tell us the city paid for that...

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I always find it interesting what projects folks are working on around the house while your not out boating. Figured I would start it up. I’m sure there are some crafty boaters out there... what are you working on? Here is my latest (still have to finish crown). After and before.
View attachment 139364View attachment 139365View attachment 139366View attachment 139367View attachment 139368View attachment 139369
I hate my oak cabinets...you've given me hope

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Nothing huge, but my wife just redid our laundry room. Did the faux brick with joint compound, it looks badass thought
Each one of those are individuals, not sheets? Impressive

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The city is offering a $4000.00 grant to help out. We have no idea what the cost from the excavator will be for what you see in the pictures. We are just lucky that we found someone to do it as we have been turn down by most local excavators. Apparently, most will not work under water or even in water and as you can see, the ground water almost covers the pipe. We do have an approximate cost for the epoxy sock liner at $3k, giver or take 1k. I have often said that fun is expensive but so is taking a crap!

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Each one of those are individuals, not sheets? Impressive
Ya they are individuals, very time consuming. Nearly perfect she is pretty handy at shit like that. My whole house looks like a museum ...lol

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Ya they are individuals, very time consuming. Nearly perfect she is pretty handy at shit like that. My whole house looks like a museum ...lol
Well Kudos to your wife, you're a lucky man.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bathroom I redid in the basement of my last house. Said I would never do that marble tile again... year later... it’s the backsplash in the kitchen!
View attachment 139383
@GiddYupJoe This bathroom is almost identical to one in my house that my wife is "lovingly nudging" me to do. In other words, I am being forced. Lol.

What was the price range for this? Only variation I would do is to install a tub. I would be doing it all myself. Everything will be gutted except floor and drywall from the door to the tub.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally found the right countertop slab to finish off the master reno.
IMG_4931.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I added 8 outlets in my garage, what a big difference.
Permit: $126
Materials: $110

Attachments

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@GiddYupJoe This bathroom is almost identical to one in my house that my wife is "lovingly nudging" me to do. In other words, I am being forced. Lol.

What was the price range for this? Only variation I would do is to install a tub. I would be doing it all myself. Everything will be gutted except floor and drywall from the door to the tub.
Your making me dig deep in my memory! Floor tile was 100. Got the vanity at Lowe’s for like 300 (maybe clearance?) the marble subway tile was about 10ish a square. Shower door was 600. Did everything myself so when you add up fixtures and drywall and all the little shit I would say I was around 3k. Damn I miss that bathroom!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In our current house our list of improvements is:

• Build 23x19 tiled screened in porch with vaulted Ceiling and sky lights, fans track lighting.
  • Tear out a kitchen wall between it and family room and put in a huge peninsula with seating, overhang, cabinets etc.
  • Tear out 3 windows in sun room and replace with picture window.
  • Add 16x12 shed
  • Move washer and dryer to 2nd floor....rework 2nd floor walls to accommodate. Put in huge pantry in place of washer dryer.
  • Replace old rotting wood siding with hardy plank and add porch to front door. Removed all wood from window frames while at it.
  • Over time have cut down 10 or so trees and modified landscaping. I have my eye on another 10 or so pines id like gone, but at 1-2k per tree....ugh.
  • Completely ripped out 28 year old hvac and replaced all. Sealed and or replaced ducts, added zoning system for 3 zones upstairs.
  • Added 19x14 slate tile patio.
  • Replaced water line to house and added drainage while at it.
Did most of this within 3 years of moving into house to get the house "right". The only thing we've not done that probably won't get done is to add a shower to 3rd floor bathroom.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Upcoming projects:
- New roof
- vault ceilings on screened in porch.
- remodel bathroom
- install sectional garage door on pole barn. Got estimate yesterday, then our dog bit the guy giving the estimate when he jumped out of his van before I could get dogs back in the house. So that sucked. Put all projects on hold. Kid is ok. Quick nip, just broke the skin.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doing Crown Moldings Today. Apparently since I decided not to go fishing this morning I have time to do wood working, at least so I have been told, while they are at the mall.

Nothing has been right since the Big Guy, put us in the Garden with Girl, the Snake and the Tree :rolleyes:

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Before/after pic of kitchen remodel.
basement rooms near complete.
added outdoor curtains. Used galvanized conduit to save cost.

Attachments

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Getting to a few projects now that summer is in the rear view. Had a deck built earlier this summer, and built some beds in front and a little paver landing to help keep dirt off.

CE094F16-BFED-42CB-96CB-2791CAE5DDE5.jpeg

9203319A-CB57-4C39-A150-28EFF8DA54D9.jpeg

Some utility work was done on the street, ended up replacing our water supply line and tore up the yard, so dethatched/scarified and reseeded.

0CB042B1-EB28-428F-9401-D87E588E9025.jpeg

501F2AFC-C460-4163-AD11-9FBBB311CF95.jpeg

and finally got around to adding some recessed lighting to my dark-as-shit dining room. I renovated the kitchen a few years ago and left some romex in the wall to eventually get to this project. Wish I had done it awhile back, only took me like 2 hours but I’ve been procrastinating.

615AFDD7-EC51-4F8E-9B0D-35ACB24D3394.jpeg

C4B7B033-6825-4C8F-B4DB-8E0C659B5825.jpeg

Lots more on the list of things I’ve been avoiding all summer.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Work in progress. 1/2 bath on main level: failed wax ring on toilet requiring removal of tile floor and perimeter of lower walls. Insurance picked up the tab. However, once floor and walls dried out, no takers on replacing walls and floor. Decided to tackle rest of project myself. Fortunately, I have the tools, skill set and the time. So far paint, tile, wonderboard, drywall, and materials came to just under $800. Will have walls ready to paint by end of this week. More pics to come.

Attachments