• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What thing do other boaters do that annoy you?

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am getting her a M&P shield and carry course for her 21st b day later this year and her boyfriend is the alpha type so not all that worried. Trouble for him, me, and the mrs is she is alpha too (I would not have it any other way). I still don’t like the attention she gets in her bikini though.
Have her wear a one piece suit, thats a better solution than he trying to carry a gun in her bikini. Nobody thinks a woman in a one piece is attractive.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Number one thing that annoys me: boaters following you when you are towing someone on a tube/skis etc.

Ramp loaders are up there.
Driving by anchored boats too close.
Anchoring in the middle of a narrow channel to fish.
Blocking gas docks while they do something other than get gas!

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Drive right next to my kids swimming way to fucking fast. Also assholes not paying attention and driving right in front of you when your surfing totally screwing up the wave.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Massive tug boat sized waves from surfers in narrow channels... and people that pull tubers in narrow busy channels and then get pushed that u are following them..

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Don’t fish my dock!!!

Someone had to say it.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Don’t fish my dock!!!

Someone had to say it.
I have a couple underwater lights that attract a lot of fish. It's like having an aquarium in my back yard. I love it.

Wait....you own the water around your dock? :)

Someone had to say it.
You're right. We don't. But, I also have 5 boxers that won't stop barking till they're gone. Drives me absolutely crazy. If they don't get the hint, I turn the lights off.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The guy who fishes someones dock is like the guy who rides the merge lane till the bitter end in heavy traffic after everyone else has already merged then cuts off a tractor trailer. Illegal? No. Jerk? Yes.

This is another one of those with so many other places why choose where kids are more likely to get stuck by your rusty lost tackle or disturb someone else by sitting just off their property. Some folks go through life without caring or thinking about how they affect the world around them. Boaters can be some of the worst.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Now that I live waterfront, my views have changed some. I never really paid attention to the wake surfers before, now I hate them. The big wakes tear up my seawall, and are a huge pain when just sitting on the deck of the boathouse, the big waves make so much noise and splash all over you. Plus they are usually the douchebags with the wetsounds and the inappropriate music on full blast. One thing to be rocking out Yachtrock...

I don't fish, but we feed the fish off our boathouse and have fish lights. I don't mind the fisherman, but its kind of awkward when my wife and I head down to the dock with our morning coffee in our pj's and someone comes up 5 feet off the dock fishing. At least fish somewhere else when I am out there.

We try to do our paddleboarding and kayaking first thing when its calm, but never fails, the only boat on the lake comes up my cove when I'm doing it.

But the sunrises and sunsets are spectacular, so we take the bad with the good.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'm not going to comment on dock fishing, but you need to google zipper merge and find out how you are actually supposed to merge. Early mergers need a slap upside the head.
I wish more people understood this. Never heard the term before but makes perfect sense. Not sure if it pertains to boating but I suppose. Driving a car, absolutely. I've seen cars blocking lanes to stop people from passing them. Very dangerous.

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
I do fish docks but I am respectful and do not go near a dock when I see someone is home or the family is outside. Also when dogs are near. Not worth the chance if I would have a wild cast.

Just don't accuse me of staying in the left lane, tailgating, merging at the last possible second or being a Democrat.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My primary complaints are people who don't understand right of way, or who drive unpredictably. Cutting right in front of me, or cruising right off my stern off to one side, huge pet peeves. I usually just kick it to WOT to create a gap and return to cruise.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The lake where I boat has at least a hundred fishing boats out there every morning. Some are backwoods types that you would not want to tick off after they have had their morning shine which is before I even roll out of bed.
Welcome to the south!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay so I hate to do this because it was a Yamaha at WO Thomas on memorial day sd we were pulling boat out.

I must say he had a rough day. As I nudged forward to the dock and let my wife off and backed away I noticed someone putting drain plug in. Then he put up bimini and fully deployed it. Next he put out fenders.

Luckily WO is wide so someone could fit on both sides to load/unload though he was a little crooked.

I could tell he had a rough go. Is right side guide pole was bend out, maybe he turned to close to something I'm not sure.

They got boat ready and proceeded to back it up and offload. Unfortunately for them the guide pole bottom scrapped along hull as wife was off loading it, my wife said she could hear the scraping.

He goes to pull the trailer forward and guide pole is dragging ground. Puts Porsche SUV in park snatches the pole up and breaks bracket before going to park.

Okay that's my biggest peeve please be ready when on the ramp.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Two weekends ago we had two fisherman, literally 5' off our dock as we headed down to go paddleboarding. But they were just two loons, so we didn't mind them. They swam up and down the shoreline, about 50' off of shore, two or three times, getting in some breakfast!

Here's a question, there is a crib, let's call it 200' away from our dock, that people fish quite often. We try to avoid taking our dogs down to the lake when we see boats near by, but what would protocol be?

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good point, we have a routine visitor that literally fishes off of our dock. A big blue heron. I'm good with him, he is interesting to watch.

Not a fan of the geese though, they leave a mess.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At the beginning of the season our local reservoir (Alum Creek Ohio) get a few cigarette boaters preparing for Lake Erie who travel up and down the lake at a high rate of speed. They are extremely loud and dangerous and really do not belong on the lake. Last year a downed skier was killed by such a boat. Unfortunately, the reservoir does not have horsepower limit.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good point, we have a routine visitor that literally fishes off of our dock. A big blue heron. I'm good with him, he is interesting to watch.

Not a fan of the geese though, they leave a mess.
The geese stay off in another bay, so we don't have issues with them. So far it's just loons in the lake and bald eagles flying over 4-5 times a day. Oh, and one squirrel that has taken to using my stairs/platforms down to the lake every morning, setting off our cameras' motion alerts. If I could figure out how to charge that thing a toll, I'd have the lakehouse paid off and a brand new boat or two in the lake! I swear it's running by 3-4 times a morning!