• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which do you like better? <iPhone/Droid etc>

I'm due a new phone and was wondering what is your phone of choice and why?

• Total voters

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I get REALLY tired of emailing files to myself just to move them on/off my iPhone.
Also, the extra $100 for memory increase worth about $25 on equivalent micro SD cards really irritates me.

Very likely will go Android at next opportunity.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Apple only because Android just seems second rate to me. It's a personal preference thing.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I get REALLY tired of emailing files to myself just to move them on/off my iPhone.
Also, the extra $100 for memory increase worth about $25 on equivalent micro SD cards really irritates me.

Very likely will go Android at next opportunity.
Whoops....I completely forgot about the iPhones not having a file manager application!!!! There's another deal breaker!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not feeling as cool as I did the first 4 years after iDay.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Whoops....I completely forgot about the iPhones not having a file manager application!!!! There's another deal breaker!
Forgot to mention that I am not a sk8r boi, I actually use my phone for short business emails on a daily basis.

I realize it was a Steve Jobs thing, but the lack of arrow keys on my iPhone is incredibly frustrating when I find a typo in proof reading and I need to edit one word in the middle of a paragraph. Trying to touch it exactly right, so the cursor lands just where I need to edit is a huge PIA. Also, not a fan of last year's "flat" iOS graphic redesign.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are currently an all apple family but mainly because my wife is willing to maintain them all (3 iPhones, 2 iPads and a few I pods/touches. I think using iTunes is a hassle.

On a related note, I ate dinner in Palo Alto (where Stanford Iniversity is located) tonight, nearby was the apple store (pretty much right in the middle of Silicon Valley). It is situated about half way down the block. The line for the iPhone 6 which will be released tomorrow went all the way down the block, turned the corner than continued half way down that block. One guy had a sign that read so etching like "2014 iPhone6 adventure, started in line at 3p on 9/18/14" and he was at the halfway point in line. I thought some of us were chomping at the bit waiting to see what the new yamaha boats were going to look like but these guys are waiting in line the day before the release. Ironically as I passed, a few people looked up and stared at me as if I was crazy. I took some pics and will try to add them later.

Ducrotchy1098

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Early on Droids were my go to.
Switched to iPhones because the whole fam dam has one, now I'm back to an android.

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I used to be an iPhone fan but I spent more time jailbreaking trying to make my iphone do what it should and work like I wanted to. Switched to Android about 4 or 5 years ago and have never looked back. To think how much time was wasted.

Englert1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love my android!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm a 20 year IT guy, I used a Droid phone for about a year some time back, hated it, was too customizable and needed too much attention, was high maintenance. The iPhone just works. I don't need to do anything to it. After a long day working in IT, the last thing I want to do is come home and play with technology.

GTRocks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
too customizable
😂 I don't think I've ever heard that argument before.

I was forced to an iPhone for work and always felt hamstrung. Limited memory was always an issue and I was swapping out apps all the time to make them fit. Hated the limited amount of apps and some that I just couldn't get. I took a new job (unrelated to the phone) and jumped to a Samsung Note 9. I absolutely love this phone. I have it almost paid off and I'm really not looking for anything new. It still works great.

The downside I see right now is a perceived movement on Google's part to selectively release their updates to "partner" companies. Android Auto wireless came out in 2018, but was not immediately made available to partner companies. It was almost a year later before Samsung was able to release it. Google used it as a marketing tool for their Pixel and it was the only android on the market that would do it for about 9 months. I worry about that strategy in the future, but I have it now, and it's awesome!

I also don't miss iTunes. It was a great thought for backing up a phone, but what a GUI nightmare. Constant updates and googling how to accomplish basic tasks. iPhones have their upside. They do integrate with other Apple devices very well. Droids are behind there. I liked the iMessaging a lot, but Droid is catching up there now.

My $.02