• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which hose to clamp when being towed-2021 AR195

Jamlewis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Good afternoon. I thought I had found the answer to this previously, but the picture I found of where to clamp the hose when being towed did not match what is under the hood of my 2021 AR195. Does anyone have a picture or diagram that points to which hose I need to clamp?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I have the same issue. I haven't located the "V" as pictured in previous posts. Just follow the flushing port hose and it should attach to the water intake hose at some point. That's where you would want to clamp the line, in front of the flushing line. Not sure if that helps, but's that's what I will try to do. There may be a way to clamp it in the cleanout area. I need to investigate further. It will be hard to reach in the engine compartment, that's a given.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Clamp the hose circled by the blue line shown below
1623171917511.png

You should see this as it enters the engine bay through the rear bulkhead. It will be LOW, almost on the floor on the starboard side of the engine. The "Y" fittings (FN-5 in the image) is just forward of the rear bulkhead. On my boat the fitting is black plastic, the line (FN-3) coming from the jet pump is black, and the line coming from the hose port (FN-6) is red.

You want to clamp off just AFT of the Y-Fitting when being towed. Also, put the throttle in full forward (assuming engine is off) position to allow water to flow freely though the pump and further reduce water pressure on the cooling system. I can take a picture tonight when I get home if you like.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I think it would be much easier to install a clamp/tow valve where you indicated, in lieu of inside the engine compartment. Early in the season I had one engine down and traveled about 4-5 miles @ 8 mph with no clamping device. I got lucky, engine bone dry, no damage. I'm going to assume my nozzle may have been full FWD, helping relieve the pressure. Lucky me. Thank you for your post!

mcp9044

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
wow i need to read my owners manual again. I don't recall seeing this. what kind of clamp do you guys carry onboard?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
wow i need to read my owners manual again. I don't recall seeing this. what kind of clamp do you guys carry onboard?
I carry a pair of these and some other clamps as well….
I also have these in case a different hoses leaks.

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a little confused. Is this for being towed while in the water or being towed on the trailer?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I'm a little confused. Is this for being towed while in the water or being towed on the trailer?
In the water. And if you're down to 1 engine.

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, I will keep a clamp in the boat just in case.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Being towed in water. If both engines down, you clamp hoses on both before getting towed. If one engine down, you clamp the hose on the down engine and run under the power of working one.

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Being towed in water. If both engines down, you clamp hoses on both before getting towed. If one engine down, you clamp the hose on the down engine and run under the power of working one.
If one engine is down, will the boat go into limp mode, or will you have full capabilities from tge good engine?

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So if I've understood what everyone is saying. The place to clamp if I'm being towed is position 1 Correct?

FYI - This is a top down picture of the of the back of the engine bay on the port side of an AR190

clamp.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
As pictured, I'd go with #1. It may be easier to clamp from it from the other side? I plan on installing tow valves at some point. I think it may be easier for me in the transom.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So if I've understood what everyone is saying. The place to clamp if I'm being towed is position 1 Correct?

FYI - This is a top down picture of the of the back of the engine bay on the port side of an AR190

View attachment 153518
Correct....clamp in position 1.

I've had a Yamaha for nearly 20 years and never needed a tow, so I've never bothered installing shutoffs valves. I just spent $10 on these:

If you plan to tow the boat behind a house boat a lot, then perhaps installing the valves would be worthwhile.

If you are towed at no wake speed, or run with one engine at no wake speed, you don't need to clamp the line.

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't plan on towing, but I bought the same clamps as @Julian and I just wanted to know what to do if I ever need them!

Thanks all!

Geri

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
any advice on where to clamp for 2021 195S?

Declan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
On 2018 AR195 it's on the back (aft) side of the engine wall (not sure if called transom on these boats) under the swim platform storage area and clean-out port. There's two white access caps on either side of clean-out port that you can twist off. If you follow the red hose (might need flashlight) coming through transom you'll see where it connects to the Y. It was slightly on port side of my boat and I use a long vice-grips; I stick my arm down the access hole on the starboard side with the grips and am able to clamp the black hose behind (aft) of the red hose and Y fitting. I do it for running anti-freeze through when winterizing far up north in NYS.

xtreme96gs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m guessing at some point recently they’ve changed the setup a little? Mine is a 2023 AR195, and instead of the “y” there is an “x” fitting. Also, it’s under the platform in a spot that doesn’t really seem to be accessible from the access cover. I’m guessing my options are to either extend the 10” hose before the “x”, so that the valve can be in an easy to reach spot below the access cover, or install a valve on EACH of the 2 hoses inside the engine compartment? (Don’t really like the idea of having 2 valves, but I feel like being in the engine compartment is more convenient .. and easier to visually verify they’re open for normal operation). Anyone else ran into this issue yet, and if so how did you get around it?

Attachments

Martincfi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 AR240 and trying to determine which hose to clamp off. I think my setup is a little different. Does anyone know which hose to clamp off on this model?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 AR240 and trying to determine which hose to clamp off. I think my setup is a little different. Does anyone know which hose to clamp off on this model?
IMG_20190930_141406916_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190930_141412120_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191027_143141752.jpg

IMG_20211106_154153999.jpg

While not exactly the same as yours, this is what you'll be looking for. Look for that red hose and the Y fitting, but you're going to be clamping the black hose - the red hose is just a visual aid to point you in the general vicinity. It should be in your engine compartment, one for each motor. Post pics showing what your engine compartment looks like, from MULTIPLE angles, if you still can't track it down. Using your own pics will always help, as you already know what you're looking at, and we can mark up your pics to get you in the right spot.