• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha dealer pricing

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Regardless of what your tax rate is between states we are only talking a few hundred bucks difference not thousands. OTD with what was included is all that matters to me.
Some states are 0%, some are 8%. It's a big difference. I think the biggest difference you'll see is who charges what for Prep, I've seen it ranging from $400 to $3000, I had a formula dealer quote me $6600 for prep.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Some states are 0%, some are 8%. It's a big difference. I think the biggest difference you'll see is who charges what for Prep, I've seen it ranging from $400 to $3000, I had a formula dealer quote me $6600 for prep.
And keep in mind that Prep fees vary by the model you buy also. The prep charge for a 242X is more than a SX190. In an "X" They have to pay for 2 batteries, un-wrap and put the tower up, test the ballast, stereo, gate controls etc....

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Its tough to gauge what people really paid for something on the internet. So many people lie and don't include things. Many are honest, and usually the prices reflect that which are believable. Hell, I could give you my invoice for the boat which shows I paid $5000 (I think if I remember right) OTD under MSRP for a leftover. That did not include tax though as I had to pay tax locally in cash. Numbers might be slightly off as it's been awhile, but close enough.

Also, tax varied big time as others stated. Some states you can purchase out of state and pay no tax when returning to your home state as well. So many variables. If I had a preference, it is to quote the selling price minus extras/tax. Freight and prep will be charged when possible and SHOULD be included in what people paid as I would say the majority get hit with it. There are some that get it thrown out (but lets be realistic, most likely it got included in their "lowest we can go" price). They don't sell these things to lose money.

That said, leftover boats are the way to go IMO. You can score some great deals. I would say 2000-5000 off MSRP before taxes/fees is not unrealistic and this depends upon the area and how they are doing that month.

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Untill the OP comes back and chimes is we will never know what that "Deal" was or included.
No sales tax in NH. The deal was what I said in my first post. Boat cover, dealer prep, and destination charge. I did not get that deep into it with them because I decided any dealer that advertises a “boat show special” on a left over at 3GS above MSRP is probably not getting my busines anyway. The 190 was a little small for me. I am probably going for a 212ls . I’m going to try long lake Marina in Maine. I have heard good things.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably a smart move. The 212ls is a sweet boat compared to a ar190.
Good luck and keep us posted