• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha surf wake wedge reveal!!! Warning pic heavy

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Impressive wave! Clever, straightforward, robust-looking design. Nice work. :winkingthumbsup"

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice work. Looking forward to seeing the AR240 product and hearing reviews from some of your first customers.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
when you have one for a 2014 212x....i will be getting two...one for goofy and one for regular. no brainer... @sx210owner @jcyamaharider

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome job guys! Should have had you look at the back of my 2005 SX230 while I was there! Oh well....

Added to the FAQ!

I told that to Mark this morning right before we left. *smack self in head* BTW @Julian it was great to meet you and your family!!

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
1-2 weeks before first prototype. Shouldn't be too long after I get the bar figured out.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've seen it in action! Wow is all I can say. you guys did a nice job. I think Yamaha can now hang with surf boats

Last edited:

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome wave behind those boats in the pictures. @jcyamaharider , did you have all of your ballast full in the pic of the wave behind your boat (3000?). Also @sx210owner , how much ballast were you running in the photo of yours? Great idea and great work implementing it. I love the idea but not sure my co captain will approve :stop:.

One question, how much of the jet output is diverted (ie do you lose most of your thrust on the deflected nozzle?). Would this have any adverse effects long term on your motor,etc? I'm certainly not being negative, just wondering if you guys have noted any issues in testing.

Again, awesome idea.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not really trying to hang with any brand of surf boat just want to do what we enjoy the best way we know how.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome wave behind those boats in the pictures. @jcyamaharider , did you have all of your ballast full in the pic of the wave behind your boat (3000?). Also @sx210owner , how much ballast were you running in the photo of yours? Great idea and great work implementing it. I love the idea but not sure my co captain will approve :stop:.

One question, how much of the jet output is diverted (ie do you lose most of your thrust on the deflected nozzle?). Would this have any adverse effects long term on your motor,etc? I'm certainly not being negative, just wondering if you guys have noted any issues in testing.

Again, awesome idea.

Yep i was full in my picture but the only person in the boat was the driver. Weight was 3450lbs. No notice of difference of thrust. I will let @sx210owner comment on his setup.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat runs the same , I had 1000 under my rear port seat , 350 under each front seat and 500 on the rear seat , just my wife driving , if I have people with me I don't run as much :)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also we ran it on a stock 2008 212x with stock ballast and it thru a sweet clean wave with curl !!!!! It's just that the wave keeps growing as you add more weight , being people or ballast bags !!!

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great job Gentlemen!! This is the best add on since the invention of Cobra Jet Steering!!

Wish you guys the best!

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice work, great ingenuity on putting this together with all of the testing and design you put in.

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice work guys! I like the price of free :) I'm just playing...but as some other have asked...what does the wake look like without any ballast? I'd be interested in seeing that.