• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

You have got to be kidding me ...<Closed for Replies>

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So @ClemsonTiger what boat should you have bought? What brand would you purchase next now knowing what you know?
Loaded question that needs parameters put around it. I assume we are not working with unlimited lottery budget?

I've narrowed my choice down to 2 options. I've got the boss (fiancee) to agree to the budget but she gets to make the final choice between the 2. I've got trade in value quotes from both dealers.....right now I'm about 12K upside down on the Tidewater (basically the amount of $ I put into upgrading the electronics). Do I want to take the hit now or wait....haven't decided yet. Lost 10K on the FSH so 12K on the Tidewater isn't relatively bad.

Cobia 301
or
Robalo 302

I want the Cobia...she likes the Robalo. We will see what happens. Anything could change between now and then.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Loaded question that needs parameters put around it. I assume we are not working with unlimited lottery budget?

I've narrowed my choice down to 2 options. I've got the boss (fiancee) to agree to the budget but she gets to make the final choice between the 2. I've got trade in value quotes from both dealers.....right now I'm about 12K upside down on the Tidewater (basically the amount of $ I put into upgrading the electronics). Do I want to take the hit now or wait....haven't decided yet. Lost 10K on the FSH so 12K on the Tidewater isn't relatively bad.

Cobia 301
or
Robalo 302

I want the Cobia...she likes the Robalo. We will see what happens. Anything could change between now and then.
Good to know! In that case, please take your comments/discussions here http://mbgforum.com/forum/53-cobia/
or here http://forum.robalo.com/ then. :winkingthumbsup"

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Experience, tells me not to go there...but I have raised, named, killed and eaten my own beef, pork and lamb for the last 20 years. And I must say, a good flank steak, prepared properly is one of my favorite cuts. But I eat pretty much everything but liver.
I agree...Carribean Flank Steak off my griddle is one my family's favorite meals. Anyone can cook a decently good tasting filet mignon, but I choose not to afford that every week.
Agreed, but we're talking restaurant pricing and upcharges in this guy's obnoxious analogy (sorry for continuing to give it life). I'll eat anything :)

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Agreed, but we're talking restaurant pricing and upcharges in this guy's obnoxious analogy (sorry for continuing to give it life). I'll eat anything :)
I'm also sorry @seanmclean . I tried to assist with the conceptual grasping of an abstract example and what it is, in and of itself...but you continue to fall short. I apologize for not being able to assist.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like where this thread is going now, both positive and optimistic!:winkingthumbsup"
It's turning in to the other forum since I've been gone for the winter.....I had to check the URL.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian @Bruce

Was there not updates to the code of conduct...members cannot retaliat dislikes?

Thought I recall that?

Seems like @KyleP is violating that....odd cause the rule was changed for his behalf.
This is classic. I disliked a couple of his really vile posts and what does he do (same thing he always does), he goes on the attack and disliked a post I made in a swimming pool thread describing the use of an enzyme product as an alternative to traditional pool chemicals. Doing exactly what he accuses others of doing!

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This is classic. I disliked a couple of his really vile posts and what does he do (same thing he always does), he goes on the attack and disliked a post I made in a swimming pool thread describing the use of an enzyme product as an alternative to traditional pool chemicals. Doing exactly what he accuses others of doing!

No my friend. As Bruce stated...a lot of dislikes are accidental. I do not recall the specifics your referencing but it is possible it was a mis-click on my part....no?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No my friend. As Bruce stated...a lot of dislikes are accidental. I do not recall the specifics your referencing but it is possible it was a mis-click on my part....no?
I agree it is possible....just not probable!

And ignored, he will soon be ranting to himself. Which is fine because he typically argues both sides fluently!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats on 1,001 likes!!!!
Ahhhh, that dopamine fix feels good.

HINT: we all prefer positive reinforcement over negative punishment, unless you are into that whip and bondage thing. But that might be positive punishment not negative reinforcement. Well to each their own, if you know what I mean. The four types of training behavior, works for us too. Most of you are thinking...WTF is he smoking this morning.:winkingthumbsup"

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ahhhh, that dopamine fix feels good.

HINT: we all prefer positive reinforcement over negative punishment, unless you are into that whip and bondage thing. But that might be positive punishment not negative reinforcement. Well to each their own, if you know what I mean. The four types of training behavior, works for us too. Most of you are thinking...WTF is he smoking this morning.:winkingthumbsup"
Group thought is much more safe, warm and fuzzy...I agree.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Plugs in or out while boating? :muted::muted:

Sorry, I had to!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Group thought is much more safe, warm and fuzzy...I agree.
I have no issues with you. I liked some of your posts in this thread. And lastly I appreciated your input, steering me towards B&G. I will not take part in group bashing anyone.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have no issues with you. I liked some of your posts in this thread. And lastly I appreciated your input, steering me towards B&G. I will not take part in group bashing anyone.
Wow! Refreshing!

And I have no issue with anyone on the board...

The herd cannot say the same which is unfortunate but it ‘‘tis what it tis”

Status
Not open for further replies.