• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2012 ar240 adding new stereo system,2nd battery, blue sea 7650 wiring advice

virgil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hi im redoing my stereo system 6 jl m650 , jl m800 amp, 10'' subwoofer, 2nd battery and blue sea 7650 battery switch any recommendations how to wire it up . im also looking for ideas on wiring amp i order 2 gauge ofc cable im only going run 1 amp for know but mite wanna add second amp in future so want to pre wire it for that need recommendations on inline fuse brand and size and cable splitter /fuse block etc

virgil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
any help on wiring blue sea 7650

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MissScarlet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Having a really hard time finding 2 AWG Cables. Any advice?

Also, if I don’t have a fuse box or a common bus bar ground is there a workaround?

Adding my second battery only for a stereo (high power 160W Sony head) right now but will be adding an amplifier soon.

Looking forward to your advice. Thanks all!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On the cables: mail order. I went to Lowes and got electrician's cable, but don't do that. First, they are much stiffer and more difficult to work. Second, they don't have the thin stranding that you should be using.

As to the fuse box and bus bar, there are workarounds. For the bus bar, you can put lots of things directly on the battery. But, it is very messy, gets annoying to have to pull off everything to modify one thing, and can be difficult when they get full. Plus, bus bars are cheap. Invest in one. As to the fuse box, also cheap (but not as cheap). The alternative is to run a wire off of the battery, then have an in-line fuse, before your instrument. By the time you get a few of those in line doo-dads, you probably could get the fuse box. Especially if you are going to add more things--very handy.

MissScarlet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great to hear. Thank you for the advice. I just invested in a fuse box and grounding bar.

One last question ( I hope!)...

The attached photo is a positive wire with 20 amp fuse that was attached to the factory battery on/off switch that I removed.

What is this and where would it go in the above wiring diagram?

MrWes12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
If it was attached to the battery, I would just leave it It there.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No, as I understand it, it was on the on/off switch that was there (you can see the phantom in the picture). It very likely will go to the top of the 1 on the switch in the diagram... Where that single red line is at the top left of the picture, going to the bus.